The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get an email from Manchester yesterday about their accommodation and then get one saying sorry about the confusion?? They said they sent it to me by mistake so do I presume this means I didn't get in??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenemily03
Did anyone get an email from Manchester yesterday about their accommodation and then get one saying sorry about the confusion?? They said they sent it to me by mistake so do I presume this means I didn't get in??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did. I don't think it means you didn't get in though:smile: the first email implied we had received an offer (sort of like a post applicant day) so the second was just to explain that they're sorry to make the wrong impression and to keep checking track for an update (2nd of March)
Does anyone know how many spaces City London has on their undergraduate course?
Original post by nesca89
I haven't applied for Cardiff or city but I know a few people have heard back and then people are still waiting so you're not alone. Fingers crossed you hear some good news soon from your interviews. Do you have a favourite choice?

Hello! Oh well done! Cardiff is my favourite choice :frown: Praying to hear soon! what about you?
Original post by jredwards21
Has anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet? I have heard absolutely nothing since I applied before Christmas. Also, has anyone heard anything from Uni of Manchester (I had an interview but haven't heard anything since?). I've received an offer from BCU :smile: which is so exciting but was just wondering if anyone has heard from Cardiff Met or Uni of Manchester at all? :smile:

I haven't heard anything from Cardiff yet either xx
Original post by clarecurry1
Hello! Oh well done! Cardiff is my favourite choice :frown: Praying to hear soon! what about you?

I'm sure you'll get an offer from them very soon :smile: I want any of the Manchester ones!
Original post by JordanC55
I keep calling them and they're just spinning me around. I got told 2 weeks ago that I'd hear within the next week, then, I called yesterday and was told to expect a response next week -_-

DMU sent my interview pack! So excited, but nervous :frown: Got the interview on Tuesday

Surprised about Leeds - they were one of the more organised ones last year. Hope they get back to you soon with some good news.

Good luck at DMU next week.
Does anyone else have an interview at DMU next week? Have a feelin they're gonna ask why I wanna study there and and I can never think of what to say for that question!
Original post by djavor
Does anyone else have an interview at DMU next week? Have a feelin they're gonna ask why I wanna study there and and I can never think of what to say for that question!

Could you not look the course up on Unistats website and cobble a reason together from the data there - such as student satisfaction/employability or whatever?
Original post by AmyPilot
Could you not look the course up on Unistats website and cobble a reason together from the data there - such as student satisfaction/employability or whatever?

Good idea :smile:
Meeeeee on the Wednesday though!
Original post by djavor

I'm there on Wednesday
If Leeds are going to reject me, I wish they'd just get on with it. At least then I can move on and focus on what I have got. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had UEA and DMU interviews in early december and haven't heard yet... I hate waiting -_-
Original post by Higlet
If Leeds are going to reject me, I wish they'd just get on with it. At least then I can move on and focus on what I have got. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang in there, I know from last year that it's super annoying! How do you know they're going to reject you? You're still relatively early on in the day as well - there's at least another six weeks to get an offer of not longer. One way of looking at it - if they haven't rejected you yet, there's clearly something stopping them from doing so, so you obviously have something they like :smile:
What do you have so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
Hang in there, I know from last year that it's super annoying! How do you know they're going to reject you? You're still relatively early on in the day as well - there's at least another six weeks to get an offer of not longer. One way of looking at it - if they haven't rejected you yet, there's clearly something stopping them from doing so, so you obviously have something they like :smile:
What do you have so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true! It's just getting annoying and stressful haha! I think I'm just having a bad day!
I've got Manchester met and Birmingham City so far but I still think Leeds is still my first choice, although I am very happy that I have some offers on the table - a speech therapy course is a speech therapy course at the end of the day! The waiting is always the worst though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
That's true! It's just getting annoying and stressful haha! I think I'm just having a bad day!
I've got Manchester met and Birmingham City so far but I still think Leeds is still my first choice, although I am very happy that I have some offers on the table - a speech therapy course is a speech therapy course at the end of the day! The waiting is always the worst though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean - have you had an interview or anything? Any loose indication as to when you might hear?
But like you say, you have some offers, and you never know, you may end up loving it there too :smile: I waited way too long for my favourite last year to the point I got so annoyed that I don't know if I would have accepted them anyway...
I go to Strathclyde now which was originally my third (I did actually get an offer from my second but decided not to go there) and can't imagine going anywhere else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1917
DMU did say we won't hear until March when I had my interview in December. It is a long wait though.
Original post by mrsrev
DMU did say we won't hear until March when I had my interview in December. It is a long wait though.

It is indeed. I had my Manchester interview in December and they said it will be March before we hear too. :frown: not long now though I guess!
Had to cancel my long awaited interview scheduled for this week, and hopefully will get a date in the next couple of weeks. Gosh, I hope this doesn't go against me...:frown:.
On a happier note, hope the interviews had by anyone this week went fab*

Quick Reply

Latest