The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JaaySLT
I have to have a date in March as can't make the next one on the 18th of Feb either! Bit of a nightmare really as I've waited so long for this interview...thanks for your input though. I'm just hoping I can get an offer too!!!

Won't be long until March , good luck
Original post by shropshirelass51
Won't be long until March , good luck

Thank you!:smile:
Does anyone know what DMU interview entails?
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Does anyone know what DMU interview entails?

I just got a letter saying it's an individual interview for 30 minutes + scenario questions
Original post by djavor
I just got a letter saying it's an individual interview for 30 minutes + scenario questions

Hmm I'm intrigued as to what the scenario questions will be!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Hmm I'm intrigued as to what the scenario questions will be!

Me too I'm quite nervous!
Reply 1946
Original post by mrsrev
DMU did say we won't hear until March when I had my interview in December. It is a long wait though.

I had my DMU interview in January, and they said we wouldn't hear until March as well, but 2 weeks later I was offered a place which I did think was strange after them giving almost 2 months until we should have got a response:confused: Fingers crossed you get an offer :')
Original post by JordanC55
I agree, I legit don't get it.

Hopefully we'll get some look soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
I know what you mean - have you had an interview or anything? Any loose indication as to when you might hear?
But like you say, you have some offers, and you never know, you may end up loving it there too :smile: I waited way too long for my favourite last year to the point I got so annoyed that I don't know if I would have accepted them anyway...
I go to Strathclyde now which was originally my third (I did actually get an offer from my second but decided not to go there) and can't imagine going anywhere else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, not got a clue as to when they'll reply! I think they have another set of interviews mid March maybe, so hopefully sometime soon! And no I haven't had an interview yet - I think I'd be more gutted if they rejected me without an interview to be honest!

I know wherever I end up I'll enjoy when I get there, it's just sort of crazy trying to work it all out haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've just joined the Student Room after following it for a few weeks. I went to interviews for Sheffield on the 12th Jan, BCU on the 30th Jan and Leeds Met on the 4th Feb. Still waiting for decisions from Sheffield and Leeds Met, just wondering how many people are still waiting for decisions from them after interviews that long ago?
Original post by LT1508
I had my DMU interview in January, and they said we wouldn't hear until March as well, but 2 weeks later I was offered a place which I did think was strange after them giving almost 2 months until we should have got a response:confused: Fingers crossed you get an offer :')

Ah well done! What was their interview process like if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Chloe_slt
Hi, I've just joined the Student Room after following it for a few weeks. I went to interviews for Sheffield on the 12th Jan, BCU on the 30th Jan and Leeds Met on the 4th Feb. Still waiting for decisions from Sheffield and Leeds Met, just wondering how many people are still waiting for decisions from them after interviews that long ago?

I'm still waiting on decisions from leeds. My. Interview was around that date too. Don't fancy my chances though as my interview went badly haha. I withdrew from Sheffield but people are still waiting for decisions from them too. Good luck :smile:
Original post by LT1508
I had my DMU interview in January, and they said we wouldn't hear until March as well, but 2 weeks later I was offered a place which I did think was strange after them giving almost 2 months until we should have got a response:confused: Fingers crossed you get an offer :')[/QUOTe

Well done. You must have really impressed everyone during interview day.
Hi I thought that I should join seen as I keep reading this thread! I had my MMU interview on the 3rd December, uni of Manchester on the 10th December, Sheffield on the 26th January and have my Leeds met on the 18th Feb and still haven't heard anything back from Newcastle. Has anyone got an offer from MMU yet?
I just an email with an interview for Leeds on the 24th Feb! I'm so happy that I even got an interview! Can anyone give me any tips or what happens during the day?
Original post by Savyannah
I just an email with an interview for Leeds on the 24th Feb! I'm so happy that I even got an interview! Can anyone give me any tips or what happens during the day?

Well done that's awesome news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bfarrar21
Hi I thought that I should join seen as I keep reading this thread! I had my MMU interview on the 3rd December, uni of Manchester on the 10th December, Sheffield on the 26th January and have my Leeds met on the 18th Feb and still haven't heard anything back from Newcastle. Has anyone got an offer from MMU yet?

I've had a reply from them - some people on here are still waiting too though! Just hang in there, waiting telly does suck I know! Good luck for your Leeds interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bfarrar21

Most people have heard but I had my interview on the same day as you and still haven't heard. I contacted them and they said my application is on hold and they will update track as soon as the tutor has made a decision. Fingers crossed for us both :smile:
Today I received an offer from Sheffield and an interview from Leeds, I am so happy right now
Original post by Grace1Harley
Today I received an offer from Sheffield and an interview from Leeds, I am so happy right now

Wow well done you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest