The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
Wow well done you :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Savyannah
I just an email with an interview for Leeds on the 24th Feb! I'm so happy that I even got an interview! Can anyone give me any tips or what happens during the day?

Congratulations!

genuinely think Leeds are going to reject me now :frown:
Original post by Grace1Harley
Today I received an offer from Sheffield and an interview from Leeds, I am so happy right now

Congratulations, when did you apply?
Original post by Higlet
Nope, not got a clue as to when they'll reply! I think they have another set of interviews mid March maybe, so hopefully sometime soon! And no I haven't had an interview yet - I think I'd be more gutted if they rejected me without an interview to be honest!

I know wherever I end up I'll enjoy when I get there, it's just sort of crazy trying to work it all out haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they've not rejected you yet so you must have something they like :wink:

And haha yeah the stress of not knowing where you're going is pretty hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
Congratulations!

Thank you! I thought they were just going to straight out reject me as well but keep your hopes up and don't give up yet!
I have an interview for Leeds too, but it's kind of late notice. No way I can fly back for then...
I think I've decided on Cardiff now. Does anyone know when se can start applying for the funding...?
Original post by waddle_jl
I have an interview for Leeds too, but it's kind of late notice. No way I can fly back for then...
I think I've decided on Cardiff now. Does anyone know when se can start applying for the funding...?

When did you hear from Cardiff Met? :smile:
Original post by jredwards21
When did you hear from Cardiff Met? :smile:

I think about a week or two ago now... My first choice was BCU, but I've changed my mind now... So excited! Can't believe I'm going to be a student again for 4 years!
Today I received an offer from Sheffield and an interview from Leeds, I am so happy right now

Congratulations!
I think about a week or two ago now... My first choice was BCU, but I've changed my mind now... So excited! Can't believe I'm going to be a student again for 4 years!

Well done! I'm still waiting for Cardiff Met. Had an offer from BCU now :smile: In the same boat as you - mature student going back for another 3/4 years!

Well done! When abouts did you apply for sheffield? I applied in October and I'm still waiting :frown: sooo nervous
Original post by JordanC55
Congratulations!

After the 24th interview there's one more on the 11th of March - there's still a bit of hope for us yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Student finance has opened but the NHS bursary doesn't open until I think it's the 2nd of March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you meant to apply for student finance this early? Or are you meant to wait until you meet the grades?
Original post by djavor
Well done! When abouts did you apply for sheffield? I applied in October and I'm still waiting :frown: sooo nervous

I'm in the same boat, fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Are you meant to apply for student finance this early? Or are you meant to wait until you meet the grades?

Start applying now! It takes them 6 weeks for them to process all the info etc so you definitely want to do it before you get your results otherwise it won't be guaranteed for the start of your course - that's what we got told at college anyway!
I've sent it off, but now I have to wait for the NHS bursary thing to open so I can send them proof that I have that bursary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djavor

September! So don't worry!:smile:

What a good day for you :smile: congratulations! What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Start applying now! It takes them 6 weeks for them to process all the info etc so you definitely want to do it before you get your results otherwise it won't be guaranteed for the start of your course - that's what we got told at college anyway!
I've sent it off, but now I have to wait for the NHS bursary thing to open so I can send them proof that I have that bursary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I did not realise this! What happens to the student finance if you don't get in? Do you do it online?
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Ahh I did not realise this! What happens to the student finance if you don't get in? Do you do it online?

If you don't get it in I just think you don't get any money! You have time yet though so don't panic!

And yep online:
If you type in student finance it should come up with the correct website
Or it's here:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest