The Student Room Group

Just can't pull

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DeeDub
You just have to chill out not over think things and perhaps be prepared to take yourself out of your comfort zone somewhat.

I have the problem that i am pretty shy, and often freeze up when talking to women. Why? I don't know, they are just people. Some people i know think i am gay/asexual because i am so shy. I don't let it get me down though as i know it is me that is the problem, not the world.

:smile:

Do you want just casual sex or do you want to find someone special?

Yeah I used to overthink things before.

Lately, I have been putting myself out there completely, not caring, and although most girls find me entertaining, the same problem remains - they just dont want to kiss/shag me. For most, I'm just quite cool to hang around with, that is also entertaining...if you get me.

Then they start wondering who exactly I am banging/kissing because I end up being the "gay" best freind to every single girl due to having many female friends.

Its frustrating.
Reply 21
Be more flirty. Remember if you act like they want you or at least think they want you, you're more likely to induce it. You need to make them think they'd be lucky to be with you rather than take it for granted.
Reply 22
I think your problem could be you are trying to be too much of a gent, perhaps make it more obvious, if you can, that you are interested.
Reply 23
Davezk
See profile.

Your not even ugly. And you had a hard time finding a girl, jesus how did you end up in my situation before?
Reply 24
Davezk
Be more flirty. Remember if you act like they want you or at least think they want you, you're more likely to induce it. You need to make them think they'd be lucky to be with you rather than take it for granted.

Yeah been doing that. Like recently a girl was asked me

"Oh has that girl arrived?"

my response:

"yeah"

her: "you met up with her or what"
me: "got her text, left it for now... don't know if I should, besides you might have a chance with me tonight :wink:"

It gets a reaction NO DOUBT, but doesn't go anywhere in the end.
Reply 25
Anonymous
Your not even ugly. And you had a hard time finding a girl, jesus how did you end up in my situation before?

I spent a lot of time chasing women rather than realising they should be chasing me. I know I probably sound like a dick and to be honest I'm not that bothered but if you're funny, smart and know how to treat people without being a pushover - girls want guys like that. If a girl is going to write me off because I'm not the best looking guy in the world then it's her loss, not mine.

You sound like a good guy, read those threads about girls crying about there not being any decent guys and just laugh. I know I do.
Reply 26
This thread is 'pull'. Is pull what you want or is it a serious relationship what you are after.
Reply 27
DeeDub
This thread is 'pull'. Is pull what you want or is it a serious relationship what you are after.

Either. Serious relationship preferably.
Reply 28
DeeDub

I'm guessing he means both. Whether it be initial attraction with a pull or deeper attraction.
Reply 29
Anonymous
Either. Serious relationship preferably.

Ok, what you consider your main stumbling block to be?

For example, mine would be that i don't talk to/meet enough women in the course of my daily life.
Reply 30
DeeDub
I think your problem could be you are trying to be too much of a gent, perhaps make it more obvious, if you can, that you are interested.

I used to be very gent like, on my night outs now I get told that I am "cool" arrogant - not that it stops the girls talking to me...cos I am extroverted.

That said, yeah I hardly ever make my intentions clear.
Reply 31
Oh I'd also like to the point out, it could be down to luck. Don't underestimate the fortune of meeting the right person at the right time. At one point I kept attracting people in relationships but obviously I don't advocate cheating so left it.
Reply 32
DeeDub
Ok, what you consider your main stumbling block to be?

For example, mine would be that i don't talk to/meet enough women in the course of my daily life.

It's getting the kiss atm. I meet a lot of girls (although not as many as I would want to meet.) and past the talking **** stage, I can't seem to move things forward.
Reply 33
Davezk
Oh I'd also like to the point out, it could be down to luck. Don't underestimate the fortune of meeting the right person at the right time. At one point I kept attracting people in relationships but obviously I don't advocate cheating so left it.

Yeah, thats whats been happening to me recently. Actually in that situation with one girl at the moment - isn't going anywhere.
Reply 34
Be prepared for rejection. That is the next stage i suppose. You have to be confident and positive.
Reply 35
Anonymous
Even they are hard work mate, the lower standard chicks. Thats the tragedy of it all.

It's not tragic, they also have standards, and that's not just about looks. They go for guys that seem interesting/nice. (and of course, many act difficult to flirt with)
Try to not see people as "work". I believe you are a nice and social guy in general, but if you come across as desperate and really trying on a night out, it tends to be pretty obvious.

Just try to go out and have a good time and its likely girls will come to you. I don't try to flirt with girls much when I'm out, but If I get signals from someone I know what it means, and then I act upon it if it feels good.

If you are looking for a serious relationship, I don't know. Girls seem to like you. If there is someone you are interested in, you have to show it in some way.
Reply 36
Usually other way round for me lol
Reply 37
stfu
Reply 38
Original post by DeeDub
Be prepared for rejection. That is the next stage i suppose. You have to be confident and positive.

u ugly **** suck ur mom
well done for reviving a dead thread losers :shot:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending