The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never heard that - sounds like bull **** to me. I don't know why iron supplements should make any one up on weight.

edit: oh yeah, forgot to say, I took iron supplements some time ago and I don't think I put on weight :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Doubt it, but you can get 0 calorie water with iron. Spatone make iron supplements in water.
Reply 3
They don't make you gain weight.
Reply 4
a tad off topic but...
i just had an iron tablet titration experiment today in chemistry :biggrin:
to find out just how much iron was in a tablet...
class' results were shocking :eek:
nah, they were fine really...
Reply 5
Moreover I heard that water and air make you fat. Is that true?
Reply 6
I'm anaemic
I have to take iron
No it didn't make me get fat
PRINGLES made me get fat :p: but not much
Reply 7
I heard iron makes you horny.
Reply 8
Lol it could explain some things :p:
Although zinc is worse... and it increases your....... love juice :wink:
twiga
In the same vein as the post below, do they make you fat? Or is my BF being ridiculous? He told me they'd make me put on weight... do they?

Deny him sex for a month, he deserves it for being such a damned idiot.
Who cares if iron made u put on a little weight. it keeps you, you know, ALIVE!!!
Reply 10
AMM
Moreover I heard that water and air make you fat. Is that true?

Water retention, retaining water and also air, particularly when eating.
Reply 11
iron doesn't make you put on weight. it makes you healthy. i had anaemia so bad they considered giving me a blood transfusion (blood count was just over 7...apparently it's supposed to be 13-14?). so i had a lot of iron tablets and got better and still stayed a skinny rake. eating lots of food makes you fat.
LOL certainly doesn't make you gain weight but sometimes it does give me a stomach ache unless I take it with a full meal. You can get special release ones that are gentler on your tummy but I think they cost a little more.
I doubt iron would make you gain weight. Iron is essential in haemoglobin producion in Red Blood Cells, which is needed to transport oxygen to your cells for respiration (oh bio :rolleyes: ). Iron supplements, which usually comes along with Vit B, should therefore HELP your metabolism and because it helps to prevent cells from being deprived of oxygen.

I was anaemic before when I was anorexic, fainted twice (once i almost crashed into a whole shelf of shampoo in the supermarket :redface: ). I have been taking iron supplements since then in addition to my Vit/Mineral supplements.

If your bf complains...tell me that you feel dizzy everytime he's with you and eventually he'll be BEGGING you to take the supplements. (I'm an evil person I am :p:)
Reply 14
eurasianfeline
I doubt iron would make you gain weight. Iron is essential in haemoglobin producion in Red Blood Cells, which is needed to transport oxygen to your cells for respiration (oh bio :rolleyes: ). Iron supplements, which usually comes along with Vit B, should therefore HELP your metabolism and because it helps to prevent cells from being deprived of oxygen.

I was anaemic before when I was anorexic, fainted twice (once i almost crashed into a whole shelf of shampoo in the supermarket :redface: ). I have been taking iron supplements since then in addition to my Vit/Mineral supplements.

If your bf complains...tell me that you feel dizzy everytime he's with you and eventually he'll be BEGGING you to take the supplements. (I'm an evil person I am :p: )

The thing is he told me that and then expected me to take them :mad: he knows how I feel about putting on weight but now shouts at me because I'm not taking them :frown:
twiga
The thing is he told me that and then expected me to take them :mad: he knows how I feel about putting on weight but now shouts at me because I'm not taking them :frown:

well it's shouldn't make you put on weight if that's your concern. and if he's contradicting himself and expect you to kiss his feet, then maybe you should kick his sorry little head.
Reply 16
eurasianfeline
well it's shouldn't make you put on weight if that's your concern. and if he's contradicting himself and expect you to kiss his feet, then maybe you should kick his sorry little head.

Errrr it has been known for me to kick him (he was passed out drunk and on my side of the bed grrrrr :rolleyes: ) well I have a docs apt on Monday to find out my blood results so I'll ask my doc, hopefully they'll be ok to take and I can stop being so tired all the time.
twiga
Errrr it has been known for me to kick him (he was passed out drunk and on my side of the bed grrrrr :rolleyes: ) well I have a docs apt on Monday to find out my blood results so I'll ask my doc, hopefully they'll be ok to take and I can stop being so tired all the time.

if you're tired because of anaemia...and bugger your bf and take them. if he complains...chuck him.

i'm a ruthless girl... :rolleyes:
Reply 18
eurasianfeline
if you're tired because of anaemia...and bugger your bf and take them. if he complains...chuck him.

i'm a ruthless girl... :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure if it's anaemia - I find out Monday but I'm a veggie and don't really get much iron so my Dad thinks it's that. BF wants me to take them despite telling me I'd put on weight :rolleyes: he just doesn't get it that if I'm told somthing will make me put on weight I'll tend to avoid it. Silly boy lol.
twiga
I don't know for sure if it's anaemia - I find out Monday but I'm a veggie and don't really get much iron so my Dad thinks it's that. BF wants me to take them despite telling me I'd put on weight :rolleyes: he just doesn't get it that if I'm told somthing will make me put on weight I'll tend to avoid it. Silly boy lol.

well tell your bf it won't make you put on weight.
and no honestly it won't.

Latest

Trending

Trending