The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

t_gorman2008
I had my interview for salford on the 16th december and still not heard anything :frown: x

:O how long did they say you'd have to wait for a decision? I'd phone them make sure the letter hasn't been llost in the post or something!
They said i will hear end of feb/march so i dont want to mither them, and theres nothing on ucas as yet so...
woahh that's a long time to wait that sucks!
ballerinabetty
i would say leeds because they have the better hospitals.

can i ask what your application was like as i would love to apply to leeds. what grades/subjects?, what work experiance? ect

I am doing Biology, Psychology and English lit, and am predicted BBC.

My work experience: volunteered working in a school for children/teens with cerebral palsy. Shadowed a nurse in a GP's surgery. Was shown around a neo natal unit by a senior nurse. Went on a weekend especially for those wanting to do nursing. And a lot of babysitting. I tutor literacy to a 7 year old and child mind everyday after school. And babysit for a little boy with downs syndrome.

Ok that's quite a lot, but I would recommend to get AS MUCH as possible, and mention it all in your personal statement, relating it to what you learnt/skills you developed that would be useful for nursing.

I hope that helps!!

Also AmyJane, yes a degree, but in 2011! I'm doing a gap year! Is anyone else? xxxx
ellie_notts
I am doing Biology, Psychology and English lit, and am predicted BBC.

My work experience: volunteered working in a school for children/teens with cerebral palsy. Shadowed a nurse in a GP's surgery. Was shown around a neo natal unit by a senior nurse. Went on a weekend especially for those wanting to do nursing. And a lot of babysitting. I tutor literacy to a 7 year old and child mind everyday after school. And babysit for a little boy with downs syndrome.

Ok that's quite a lot, but I would recommend to get AS MUCH as possible, and mention it all in your personal statement, relating it to what you learnt/skills you developed that would be useful for nursing.

I hope that helps!!

Also AmyJane, yes a degree, but in 2011! I'm doing a gap year! Is anyone else? xxxx

that is really helpful because i wasnt sure weather mentioning my teaching would be applicable or weather to use the space to talk about something else(i teach dance to children from broken homes), but now i know :smile:.

i am a full time HCA now but i only work with adults..... do you do any work experiance with adults and how did you relate it to childrens nursing.

sorry for all the questions its just i am in the process of drafting my personal statement so i can see what i am missing and so where to improve.
Reply 45
I have two interviews soon, one at Coventry on saturday and Dundee on the 17th. I havent heard anything from Northampton or York & I was rejected from Southampton :frown:

Can you get straight offers without interviews? xx
I'd be reluctant to accept an offer without an interview because really they need to asses your characer and personality.. no interview would imply they weren't that bothered in my opinion
Reply 47
Has anyone heard from City by any chance :s-smilie: ??
ballerinabetty
that is really helpful because i wasnt sure weather mentioning my teaching would be applicable or weather to use the space to talk about something else(i teach dance to children from broken homes), but now i know :smile:.

i am a full time HCA now but i only work with adults..... do you do any work experiance with adults and how did you relate it to childrens nursing.

sorry for all the questions its just i am in the process of drafting my personal statement so i can see what i am missing and so where to improve.

Well all the work experience that was slightly less relevant, I found skills I used like communication skills, team work etc to relate it to children's nursing ie "The work I have done teaching has helped me improved my communication with adults, this is an important skill in nursing as the role of a nurse is to work with the family as a whole."

For example in the dance you do say how it reflects that you have good communication skills, and have leadership qualities (if you have anything that can show you work well in a team that is good as well)

Hope this helps!

xx
maru09
Has anyone heard from City by any chance :s-smilie: ??

STILL haven't heard from city ! I'm getting so annoyed with them now
ellie_notts
Well all the work experience that was slightly less relevant, I found skills I used like communication skills, team work etc to relate it to children's nursing ie "The work I have done teaching has helped me improved my communication with adults, this is an important skill in nursing as the role of a nurse is to work with the family as a whole."

For example in the dance you do say how it reflects that you have good communication skills, and have leadership qualities (if you have anything that can show you work well in a team that is good as well)

Hope this helps!

xx

thanks again forthat it i really good.
Reply 51
CITY HAVE FINALLY GOT BACK TO ME!!! :biggrin: Got an interview
City got back to me a week or so abo with a rejection not too bothered though as I've accepted an unconditional from Greenwich :smile:
Reply 53
i'm doing three a-levels and an as-level, i have experience with SJA (and made sure to mention it several times over) i also found it helpful to mention the fact i have horses, which for some reason they seemed to be overly interested in.

i've gotten a conditional from de montfort and am awaiting news from worcester (despite the fact that my interview was early january.) although i'm leaning towards de montfort as i love the campus.

Latest