The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't try and lump on loads of lotions and potions (and that includes loads of makeup) I think the best way is to keep your skin completely clean and "breathable" as cliched as that sounds. Wash it and moisturise it, nothing more. If it still doesn't work though, I'm sure you can get something prescribed for acne.
Reply 2
drink plenty of water- you will notice a difference in the long run. it flushes impurities away and reduces blemishes
Reply 3
lavender oil worked for me, it take's the spots away in about a week.
Reply 4
I've noticed a massive difference in my skin since I started using toner after cleansing - just cheap superdrug stuff. I've also switched to an oil-free moisturiser and that's also helped. :smile:
Reply 5
Always take off every scrap of make-up before you go to bed, use toner if you want, splash with cool water, pat face dry gently. Tap with fingertips all over your face, chin and neck to improve circulation and then use a moisturiser patting it in rather than rubbing it in. AND as va va voom said, drink lots and lots of water and reduce the caffeine drinks (tea coffee, coca cola etc), that really helps in the long run.
Reply 6
dont wear too much make up......leave sum room for skin to breathe
drink water
eat plenty of fruit and veggies!! :smile:
Reply 7
WATER!
also try and use a daily exfoliating wash on your face, johnson and johnson's clean and cleas is pretty good.

p/s-just noticed you're going to do French and Spanish in 2006!
Reply 8
bet you don't want to hear this but maybe you should go to the doctor and gt some prescibed cream stuff, defin worked for me. My skin before sounds similar to yours- always had a few spots but not loads- consituting acne.

drinking loads of water and using tee tree oil never made nearly as much inpact as antibiotic cream. (i think thats what it is)
emilie87
Does anyone have any good tips for improving your complexion? I've had spots (not acne, just not very good skin) since I was about 11, and I'm quite fed up of it (I'm now 18.) Also, (this is my real motive!) I have my Sixth Form Party on wednesday and I'd really like to have at least made a start on improving my skin by then.

Any tips would be SO much appreciated!

Cheers, Emilie :p:

drink lots of water :smile: xoxo
Reply 10
Loopz
bet you don't want to hear this but maybe you should go to the doctor and gt some prescibed cream stuff, defin worked for me. My skin before sounds similar to yours- always had a few spots but not loads- consituting acne.

drinking loads of water and using tee tree oil never made nearly as much inpact as antibiotic cream. (i think thats what it is)

I had achne as well and went to the doctors.
He gave me a cream which really did the trick.

Apart from that he also told me to wash my face frequently (using soap)
I used to have bad skin, but now i have a sort of routine (not religiously). I drink lots of water during the day, and a pint before bed. I use clear skin cleanse, then i tone, and then moiusturise with some day and night cream from Avon. Now my skin is much healthier and better.
Reply 12
Water, new cream called freederm will reduce the redness and then finally Pantothenic acid will definently improve your skin.
Reply 13
self confessed neutrogena addict, i personally dont think u can put anything better on ya skin
Reply 14
Thanks for all the help guys! v. v. useful. Come to think of it, I hardly drink any water- always Diet Coke, tea etc, so I'll definitely start drinking more. A pint of water in the evening sounds like a really good idea, but don't you have to get up in the night to go to the toilet? I think my problem is that I'm always touching my face too- not on purpose but just as you do, which I'll try to avoid. Thanks again! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 15
oh and sun cream too! i know it sounds ridiculous but if you're really fair like me you should definitely wear it as much as possible. Now I have skin like smooth vanilla ice cream :confused: - not a blemish or anything as long as i protect it from the sun. Or you could be like my mum and fry and have skin like 'rustic' antique leather.
Reply 16
Exfoliation to get rid of dead skin helped my complexion loads :smile:
Tea tree oil is good too :smile:
Reply 17
Acaila
Exfoliation to get rid of dead skin helped my complexion loads :smile:
Tea tree oil is good too :smile:

Yes - the little Tea Tree oil blemish sticks (I think you can buy them in Superdrug) are very good.
Reply 18
but doesnt tea tree sting?
Reply 19
I think we all need to remember that their are different causes for achne, if it's because you have a build up of oil/dead skin cell's then exfoliation etc will help. However if it's hormone induced then the thing's like b vitamins (pantothenic acid) etc will help.

Latest

Trending

Trending