The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

5?? isnt she a bit young - puberty doesnt normally start till 9. they normally postpone puberty till later. how old was the dad for that matter??
Reply 41
There is a rare condition where girls hit puberty far earlier, she was one of them, started her period at around 8 months they believe.

They were never sure who the dad was I think they arrested the dad first straight away but he was released as there was no evidence and they couldn't accurately prove who the childs father was.
-TMG-
She probably won't give birth to a live one...I mean unless she's at least 10st and really built...I take it she's the usual small 12 yo. Stupid kids doing stupid things and stupid parents thinking kids don't know about sex and not warning them. Stupidity everywhere I look hehe.

If her parents had any sense they'd let her have an abortion, the pill one perhaps because thats easier than the vacuum.

yup stupid stupidity! dunno whats going to hapen yet
whoa 8 months! that would be awful!
Reply 44
Sorani
God, I knew what sex was from when I was really young (about 7 maybe) but I went through a long stage of 'kissing boys is grosssssss' even tho all of my friends were boys. I think I was curious with seeing adults do it on tv but just not in real life.

I mean she's just a kid at 12, I really don't think she was a sensible girl because I think girls at 12 know know alot more than other girls did only 5, 6 or 7 years ago. There's far more information about it.
To me it's just, well, icky.

Edit: And for something ickier, the youngest mother on record was 5 years old.

this 5 yr old who wwas pregnant, did she actually give birth ???
Reply 45
the poor girl will be mentally scared at having to give birth surely. i find it a horrid scary thought and im 22!! if she is a normal 12 yr old size then surely her hips etc wont be big enoght or her blood system wont be strong enough to go full term. the baby will have issues too.... notwithstanding bullying in the future if she keeps it. i mean he will be 10 when she is my age.... now THAT is sad (orignal menaing of the word!)
Reply 46
**R**
this 5 yr old who wwas pregnant, did she actually give birth ???

She had a C-section. Very scary - her parents took her to the doctors because they thought she had a tumour, but she turned out to be 7 months pregnant. she was fully developed physically with breasts and everything, but her mental age was still that of a 5 year old.
it would have been impossible wouldnt it?? i mean wouldnt she be too underdeveloped and small?? :confused:
missex
the poor girl will be mentally scared at having to give birth surely. i find it a horrid scary thought and im 22!! if she is a normal 12 yr old size then surely her hips etc wont be big enoght or her blood system wont be strong enough to go full term. the baby will have issues too.... notwithstanding bullying in the future if she keeps it. i mean he will be 10 when she is my age.... now THAT is sad (orignal menaing of the word!)

yer.. she is as a matter of fact small for her age.. it just seems impossible
what happened to the kid??
Reply 50
allisandro
She had a C-section. Very scary - her parents took her to the doctors because they thought she had a tumour, but she turned out to be 7 months pregnant. she was fully developed physically with breasts and everything, but her mental age was still that of a 5 year old.

omg what a shock for the parents !! do u know what happened to the baby (new born, not 5 yr old !)
, did parents keep new baby ? and was the baby fully formed and developed as if an adult was mother?
Reply 51
missex

yeah i know what u mean, im 24 and couldnt imagine having to bring up a baby, so i cant imagine what it would b like to b and have to deal with it. so scary !!
Reply 52
**R**
omg what a shock for the parents !! do u know what happened to the baby (new born, not 5 yr old !)
, did parents keep new baby ? and was the baby fully formed and developed as if an adult was mother?

yup, the baby was completely healthy! the girls parents brought him up as if he was her brother - he only found out she wasn't really his sister when he was 10 years old.

i think this was in 1939 or something. The girl went on to get married and have another baby through choice when she was 38 :smile:

it's so weird...the age gap between me and my brother and sister is 9 and 7 years. that's bigger than their gap between mother and son!

They think the girl's father raped her and got her pregnant but they could never prove it, and they never found out who it was as the girl wouldn't/couldn't say.
Reply 53
allisandro
yup, the baby was completely healthy! the girls parents brought him up as if he was her brother - he only found out she wasn't really his sister when he was 10 years old.

i think this was in 1939 or something. The girl went on to get married and have another baby through choice when she was 38 :smile:

it's so weird...the age gap between me and my brother and sister is 9 and 7 years. that's bigger than their gap between mother and son!

They think the girl's father raped her and got her pregnant but they could never prove it, and they never found out who it was as the girl wouldn't/couldn't say.

that is so mad, i cant get my head around it at all. so it was a while ago, i thought it happened recently ! i wonder how mother and son get on now they are adults ? they are probably more like siblings than anything else
Reply 54
**R**
that is so mad, i cant get my head around it at all. so it was a while ago, i thought it happened recently ! i wonder how mother and son get on now they are adults ? they are probably more like siblings than anything else

The premature development has occurred since in young girls. But one would hope if that did happen that the girls weren't subjected to sexual activity so they did conceive, even though they were physically capable.

A girl in my class started her periods when she was 6 so it's not that rare.

This girl was in south america too so it was hard to prove it was her father due to the different culture.

if you google "youngest ever mother" it comes up with it...there's a picture of her, it's so crazy.
Reply 55
allisandro
where on earth did you get 10 stone from!? i only weigh 8 and i know many people the same size of me if not smaller who gave birth to healthy babies!

And were they twelve years old? The odds of a 12 year old having a healthy live baby are low. So are the odds of a 9 year old giving birth. Just because it happened doesn't mean it will happen again or at all frequently.
Reply 56
cool il google that then, i have heard in a mag, of a mother who was concerned cos her daughter started periods at 7, there was a term in the article for girls who hit puberty so young but i cant remember it now.
33 years age difference - and the girl preferred to play with dolls than her son!
Reply 58
-TMG-
And were they twelve years old? The odds of a 12 year old having a healthy live baby are low. So are the odds of a 9 year old giving birth. Just because it happened doesn't mean it will happen again or at all frequently.

yes but you made it sound like anyone under 10 stone couldn't give birth. it's to do with the shape rather than the weight. Girls in africa frequently give birth at age 12 or 13. Technically if you can conceive you can give birth, though it will probably be by C section. i don't deny the odds are lower than usual but it's not rare to carry to full term.
Reply 59
omg i just saw a pic of her when she was pregnant, her belly looks so huge when its such a tiny body she has

Latest

Trending

Trending