The Student Room Group

Skipping Sixth Form?

I only have an hours lesson tomorrow and four hours of frees.
However, in the free time I can't get much work done because the year twelves are making too much noise and messing around.
I can only get there and back by mini bus at the start and end of the day and my lesson is second lesson, i.e I either go in for the whole day or I don't go in at all.

Would I be justified in taking the day off to get lots of quality study time done at home or would it be a good idea to go to my lesson but not get much work done for the rest of the day?
xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you live in Plymouth?

If you don't get EMA I don't see why not. Email the teacher, say you're ill and get the work. Simples.
Reply 2
No, I don't live in Plymouth and I don't get EMA.
I'd just feel a bit guilty about it, but I think the amount of work I'd get done would outweigh that.
xxx
Last week was the first week since half term that I've actually been in for the whole week and every lesson scheduled.... :p:

Just say you were ill
Reply 4
same, same OP:frown: - only one lesson tomorrow :frown: :frown: grrrrrrr
Reply 5
Malsy
same, same OP:frown: - only one lesson tomorrow :frown: :frown: grrrrrrr

Don't go! :wink:

It's one hour, just make up any excuse (OP and Malsy).

I sometimes skip full days or full morning/afternoons.

Seriously, it's not that bad. :yep:

Just say you went doctors and get them to write M on the register. :dontknow:
Reply 6
Larry<3
Don't go! :wink:

It's one hour, just make up any excuse (OP and Malsy).

I sometimes skip full days or full morning/afternoons.

Seriously, it's not that bad. :yep:

Just say you went doctors and get them to write M on the register. :dontknow:

hmmmm tempting
but i've missed so many days as it is!:frown:
urgh it's so annoying going in for the one lesson !
blerrr
Skip! I've skipped occasionally and I'm alright :h: at my school you just say you're ill, or you sign out and be done with it.

Srsly if it's only one hour of lessons, stay at home and get more work done :p: will be so much more productive.
Catheriine
No, I don't live in Plymouth and I don't get EMA.
I'd just feel a bit guilty about it, but I think the amount of work I'd get done would outweigh that.
xxx

I think you've pretty much answered your own question there. :smile: As long as you don't fall behind with the lesson you'll miss, I honestly don't see what the problem is.
I wouldn't go if it was that situation.
I did that recently. Do it. Would you really gain much from your 1 lesson?
I have 3 hours of frees between 2 lessons every Tuesday. Waaa.
In these situations, it is best to 'remember' about a doctors appointment that you have. It is during second lesson, so there really is no point in going in.
Reply 12
Totally sympathise. I have a massive 4 hour gap on Fridays and it's not possible to concentrate in the library because people go in just to chat and eat food and be generally loud and inconsiderate. It forces me to listen to music but even that distracts me and I'd say about halves my productivity. :frown:

It depends what lesson it is really. If it's something like English or History I think you can certainly get away with it; something like maths, if I miss one lesson it can be disastrous (sometimes we do a whole chapter in one lesson).

Make sure you ask your teacher what you missed and catch up with the work, if you do decide not to go in. What makes this day different from your other Tuesdays? Is this a weekly occurrence? Or maybe there's a proper library near your school/college and you could go work there? Or ask a teacher if there's an empty classroom where you can study. I simply can't do more than 4 hours of work at home, I just get too distracted :smile:
Reply 13
Malsy
hmmmm tempting
but i've missed so many days as it is!:frown:
urgh it's so annoying going in for the one lesson !
blerrr

Think about how many mechanisms you could learn/revise in 5 hours. :daydreaming:

And that's not even including 4-8pm!

You're probably going to go to school, have a laugh for four hours, go to lesson for one and waste 5 hours.

Exams are six weeks away woman! :eek3:

Get mechanism-ing. :yep:
Reply 14
Larry<3
Think about how many mechanisms you could learn/revise in 5 hours. :daydreaming:

And that's not even including 4-8pm!

You're probably going to go to school, have a laugh for four hours, go to lesson for one and waste 5 hours.

Exams are six weeks away woman! :eek3:

Get mechanism-ing. :yep:

hahahahaah

:indiff:
:woo:
Reply 15
Frees in the middle of the day suck.

Late mornings and early finishes ftw!

One of my friends even gets a day off, because most of her frees just happened to be on the same day. The lucky cow - Fridays in bed.
Reply 16
Totally sympathise. I have a massive 4 hour gap on Fridays and it's not possible to concentrate in the library because people go in just to chat and eat food and be generally loud and inconsiderate. It forces me to listen to music but even that distracts me and I'd say about halves my productivity. :frown:

It depends what lesson it is really. If it's something like English or History I think you can certainly get away with it; something like maths, if I miss one lesson it can be disastrous (sometimes we do a whole chapter in one lesson).

Make sure you ask your teacher what you missed and catch up with the work, if you do decide not to go in. What makes this day different from your other Tuesdays? Is this a weekly occurrence? Or maybe there's a proper library near your school/college and you could go work there? Or ask a teacher if there's an empty classroom where you can study. I simply can't do more than 4 hours of work at home, I just get too distracted :smile:
Reply 17
ourlastmemory
Skip! I've skipped occasionally and I'm alright :h: at my school you just say you're ill, or you sign out and be done with it.

Srsly if it's only one hour of lessons, stay at home and get more work done :p: will be so much more productive.

It works the opposite way too. :rolleyes:

You might just come home and go on TSR/Playstation/Watch T.V or what ever.

I know I have before. :sigh:

But I get your point. :smile:

Revolution is my Name
I wouldn't go if it was that situation.

:five:

Unfortunately, I don't get that situation. :sad:
Reply 18
Malsy
hahahahaah

:indiff:
:woo:

:p:

If I could name you a compound I would call you trinitromethylbezene

...because you're explosive in bedroom. :wink:

:holmes:
Reply 19
People on this thread are right sad bastards like, I get **** all work done during my frees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending