The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
miranda-ae
definitely just about to say "ever read pride and prejudice?"

There's just something about Mr Darcy! I'm about half way reading P&P at the moment, and I really love it. I like the way Mr Darcy speaks his mind.

Anyway, I don't particularly like shyness, but I don't think being reserved would make someone dull. I'd get frustrated being with someone who hid all emotion though.
Reply 21
I know a surly, moody, laconic girl, I used to date her. Unfortunately she's vapid, lecherous, and - worst of all by far - becoming slightly chubby.

I attracted her by being my usual charming, dashing self.
Reply 22
Playboy King
I'm living proof that you can attract women even when you're a complete jackass.

Dark, dry humour is the best though don't change that! maybe be a less reserved and more laid back, not so serious...but keep the dark sense of humour. I'm sure that'll get you some pie in the night times :borat:

Why do women love the jackasses but never the nice guys?
Reply 23
caroline147
You sound hot :coma:
Small talk is a complete ******* waste of time, I hate it, there's bound to be other women who feel the same.

yep :wink:
Mr Halpert
So showing off as much of your personality equates to how interesting someone is? Just because someone is loud doesn't mean they are great company.

That is very true, I don't like loud people they usually have the most boring personalities. I prefer serious men.
Mr Halpert
Jack Dee.Gotta love his attitude:" if you dont find me funny don't whine just leave ". Michael's attitude: " if you dont like me why dont you likeme ? Please like me!"

Or more in context:

Michael McIntyre "Was I good? Did you like it? Was it good? It was good wasn't it? I've done this a few times. I was good."

Jack Dee "I'm done. Sandwich please."
Reply 26
To be honest you sound perfect, you've certainly got the right idea, don't pretend and don't make small talk for the sake of it...and the dry sense of humour's just a bonus :yep:
sbarrie2

You'll hear no such complains from me, obviously being the jackass :rofl:
Reply 28
MarmiteOnToast
Just depends...who would you rather sleep with based on personality: Jack Dee or Michael McIntyre?

What a ridiculous question.

Michael McIntyre would have that ridiculous grin during sex. And he would be like POW and then you will be all let down because of all the hype about him. When it turns out he isn't that good.

Jack Dee on the other hand will not have a ridiculous grin during sex. But then he might write about it in his frankly awful sitcom... But who cares your sex act just hit the BBC.

enough said
Reply 29
sbarrie2

Nice guys are not nice, they are boring and needy.
mullac14
What a ridiculous question.

Michael McIntyre would have that ridiculous grin during sex. And he would be like POW and then you will be all let down because of all the hype about him. When it turns out he isn't that good.

Jack Dee on the other hand will not have a ridiculous grin during sex. But then he might write about it in his frankly awful sitcom... But who cares your sex act just hit the BBC.

enough said

Well there's 'ways' to avoid looking at any kind of grin/grimace during sex so that's not an issue. I have a feeling Jack Dee would get bored and give up halfway through, whereas Michael would get overexcited and come quickly... reckon I'll stick to Rhod Gilbert.
Reply 31
Eventually it will get boring. Laughter is what keeps the relationship going.
Reply 32
reems23
Nice guys are not nice, they are boring and needy.

Thanks. oh.. there's that depression I lost!
Reply 33
Hey....I know someone just like you, and I think they're lovely! Dark humour doesn't matter so long as you're kinda nice with it. :smile:
Reply 34
MarmiteOnToast
Well there's 'ways' to avoid looking at any kind of grin/grimace during sex so that's not an issue. I have a feeling Jack Dee would get bored and give up halfway through, whereas Michael would get overexcited and come quickly... reckon I'll stick to Rhod Gilbert.

Nah Jack Dee maybe boring but he is a determined son of ... Seriously he's trying to push Lead Balloon for a 4th series... He won't give up.

Rhod Gilbert?! HE SHOUTS THE WHOLE TIME. and he will probably comentate it the whole episode. But i suppose you would get discounts on holidays to Wales.
Reply 35
Jack Dee is a legend.
mullac14
Nah Jack Dee maybe boring but he is a determined son of ... Seriously he's trying to push Lead Balloon for a 4th series... He won't give up.

Rhod Gilbert?! HE SHOUTS THE WHOLE TIME. and he will probably comentate it the whole episode. But i suppose you would get discounts on holidays to Wales.

Not much use, what with living in wales and all :p:
I'm really stumped for eligible comedians now :frown:
Reply 37
MarmiteOnToast
Not much use, what with living in wales and all :p:
I'm really stumped for eligible comedians now :frown:

Russell Howard :rolleyes:
Lit2010
Russell Howard :rolleyes:

Yeah but have you seen his sweat patches even when sitting down...I think it would have to be shower sex with him.
Reply 39
Mr Halpert
Well my problem isnt talking and maintaining a conversation with girls its that I dont like small talk and will initiate and maintain a good solid conversation only when a good opportunity- topic- arises. Small talk is a necessity on meeting someone for the first time . I accept it and practise it regularly in such a scernario but three months into Uni it has become tiresome.

I am quite a serious guy with a dry and black sense of humour. The obvious question is: " why dont you just be happy and smiley and actively go out there talking about junk 90 percent of the time." Thats the problem its pretending. I however do not want to change my personality completely just to encage in more conversations that I will find boring.

Point of post: Would women avoid a male who is serious,reserved and has a dry /dark sense of humour?

Yes I know that not all women are the same.

People are mentioning Mr Darcy but serious, surly, dry, reserved also sounds like Gordon Brown. I don't know whether he has a dark sense of humour but that isn't always a bonus either. Dark humour has probably existed for centuries and can sometimes be undeservingly cruel on individuals. Of course, some or many people like that and it hasn't done some comics too badly.

Try to be wholly part of whatever scene you happen to be in at the same time as being wholly yourself I suppose.

Latest

Trending

Trending