The Student Room Group

Supposed to be having the time of my life but, I feel like ****.

Hey this is a bit long so scroll to the bottom for the summary if you don't like reading.

I'm a fresher at a top ten uni (Don't wanna say what one) I'm doing a course I loved at A Level and after I finish my degree I want to do a conversion course. The first month or so up until the beginning of November I was having the time of my life, I loved my course, I thought I was making friends, I was going out, I was pulling girls.
Now I feel like ****, about one or two weeks ago I was feeling ******* miserable and crying in my room loads now I'm not as sad but, I still feel depressed.

I thought I was making friends but, by November when my student loan still hadn't come I didn't go out as much and then whilst all the people I did go out with became closer, I drifted further apart. Now although I have accquiantances I have no "real" friends, no one I can really have a good laugh with and no one who ever invites me out except for when it's someones birthday and everyone goes out, that, society things (I do Boxing, Debating and Windsurfing but, I've also decided to be more adventerous this term and start Salsa Dancing and Skydiving) and whenever our Halls organise something (rarely) are the only ever times I go out.

We do have a bar in our halls, last year no one really ever went although I've been once this term and there were a few people down there so I'm planning to go there more however, this week I have a coursework deadline in for Friday and an exam. Although I can do the coursework I've been up really late every night trying to get it done and then during the day I feel tired and although I do it then, I feel **** because I'm tired and therefore I write ****. I've left it too late so I guess I ****** myself over with that one.

My exam I have is for a Spanish unit, I took a Spanish beginners course and I am **** at it, I have to say. I don't know what happened but, somewhere I just feel behind and this exam is worth 25% of the unit. I'm not sure I can pass. I'll try but, I'm not overly optimistic. We had a Listening test a few days ago and I got 0% I couldn't understand anything at all. The other listening exam we've had that was assessed I got 45% but, that was all true and false so guesswork.

Also the actual course I'm doing only has 4 hours of lectures and tutorials per week so no one stays at the Uni after lectures they all go home or do there own thing so it's hard to stay and chat with people. I've asked people if they wanna hang out afterwards but, they always make excuses. Plus we have no lectures until next week (coursework) but, I feel like I'm wasting £3225 on a glorified library card.

Finally, everyone else knows who they're living with next year, people have even put down deposits. All my flatmates have found houses elsewhere (they never bother hanging out with me or inviting me places anyway - they did for the first two weeks then they made their own friends) and it seems like every second or third facebook status I read says "has found an amazing house" or "just put down a deposit" or something. All my friends from home have made lots of friends and even found houses and stuff as well. I thought I'd move in with friends from Uni but, I don't have any so I'll have to either move in with strangers or live by myself (don't want to do that, too expensive and lonely)

Anyway rant over and I would really like some advice, for those who can't be bothered to read it all the main things are: Depressed, Have no real friends, Tired because of my coursework, Failing at Spanish, No idea about my housing situation for next year.
Reply 1
chillout dog it will be ok
I'll be your friend :wavey:
Reply 3
:frown: Ouch. I know how that feels. Not good

Have you joined any societies?

I have been in a similar situation to this at 6th form in the sense of that I know what it is like to go from feeling that you are somewhere decent socially to losing it all in the blink of an eye. The best advice I can give is to break the routine and find some new people. There are lots of people at university, maybe you haven't found the right people yet.

I want to ask what university you are at, but you said you don't want to say which is fair enough, you could PM me as I may be able to offer more advice.
Reply 4
bloodlust
:frown: Ouch. I know how that feels. Not good

Have you joined any societies?

I have been in a similar situation to this at 6th form in the sense of that I know what it is like to go from feeling that you are somewhere decent socially to losing it all in the blink of an eye. The best advice I can give is to break the routine and find some new people. There are lots of people at university, maybe you haven't found the right people yet.

I want to ask what university you are at, but you said you don't want to say which is fair enough, you could PM me as I may be able to offer more advice.
As I said, I've joined a few societies, I'm joining more next week. Hopefully I'll feel better after my exams, We'll see
Reply 5
Playboy King
I'll be your friend
Thanks but, I want to make friends with people at my uni
Reply 6
Anonymous
Thanks but, I want to make friends with people at my uni

What a cold hearted bastard :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending