The Student Room Group

Question about UCAS points.

Kinda new here so bear with me.

After having talked to a few people about UCAS points, I heard that you are only allowed to carry the UCAS points from your AS which you did not continue. To help with my studies, I chose not to do four sibjects and thus have no subject that I did not continue.

What I really want to know if this is official (the whole carrying the points for the AS you didn't continue), as I've heard many people's storys differ.
MGUY14
After having numerous discussions with countless people about the UCAS points, I have heard that the AS points that you get do not count towards the overall points needed to get into University unless you dropped the subject.

Can someone please explain and expland in a way I will understand?

Basically, if you carry on a subject from AS to A2, then you will get the number of points corresponding to what grade you got overall for the A level. However, if you do a subject at only AS, then you will the get the points corresponding to what grade you got for that subject at AS.
Hi all

Would like to ask if my calculation is correct. I took the old A level syllabus. Scored GCE A Level (AAAB), GCE AS Level (A1, A2). When i used the merlin website to calculate my points, i wasn't able to differentiate between A1 and A2 for my AS level subjects... Will it make a difference? Thank you!
Reply 3
veryhappyfeet
Hi all

Would like to ask if my calculation is correct. I took the old A level syllabus. Scored GCE A Level (AAAB), GCE AS Level (A1, A2). When i used the merlin website to calculate my points, i wasn't able to differentiate between A1 and A2 for my AS level subjects... Will it make a difference? Thank you!

What do you mean by A1 and A2?

Do you have 6 subjects in total (4 A2 levels and 2 AS levels?)

Which would mean you have 120*3 + 100 for your A2 levels... which is 460 points. Then I'm assuming you mean you have 2 extra AS levels at grade A, which are 60 points each... so you have 580 points.

Latest

Trending

Trending