The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mmm Danone
:yep:
Sounds like you have your ansewr to me :yep:

The reason I think it's wrong because I guy his age shouldn't be fancying you, some of his firends could be married with kids already :eek: Relationships should be between people who have had the same childhood, as in growing up at the same time watching the same shows etc

But if you go for it good luck and let us know how it goes!

That is what I significantly noticed when I was dating the older chap! He treated me like a child, spoke to me like one, but expected adult ''things'' in the relationship, ie sex, foreplay!
Reply 61
Anonymous
That is what I significantly noticed when I was dating the older chap! He treated me like a child, spoke to me like one, but expected adult ''things'' in the relationship, ie sex, foreplay!

So far, the occasions affected by age have been rare. It was only in reference to a really pointless trend, that the difference was explictly obvious.
Anonymous
So far, the occasions affected by age have been rare. It was only in reference to a really pointless trend, that the difference was explictly obvious.

You seem pretty hell-bent on taking things further with this man = go for it!

Good Luck!
To all the people saying he's a creep for being interested in her, its not like he's gone up to her randomly in a club. They're at uni together and obviously know each other fairly well. I don't understand why his age is such a big deal, they're just two people that click. I met my boyfriend (10 years older than me) at a job and I was gutted when I found out his age (as i thought he'd never be interested in me!), thankfully though we both realised it didn't matter.

As for the people saying you won't have anything in common, ignore them OP. You obviously do, as otherwise you wouldn't be close enough to him for a date to be on the cards!
Reply 64
Anonymous
To all the people saying he's a creep for being interested in her, its not like he's gone up to her randomly in a club. They're at uni together and obviously know each other fairly well. I don't understand why his age is such a big deal, they're just two people that click. I met my boyfriend (10 years older than me) at a job and I was gutted when I found out his age (as i thought he'd never be interested in me!), thankfully though we both realised it didn't matter.

As for the people saying you won't have anything in common, ignore them OP. You obviously do, as otherwise you wouldn't be close enough to him for a date to be on the cards!

Thank you. Yes, we've both got similar career aspirations, sense of humour and converse well...

I'd also like to stress, that he's respected me more than guys my age/slightly older have done. He hasn't simply told me he wants to have sex with me. He's very careful about the age difference - not wanting for me to see him like all other guys who would mess me around.
Reply 65
innerhollow
A friend of mine told me a formula for working out whether the partner you're interested in dating is age appropriate:

Divide the age of the older partner by 2, and add 7

So in your case, 30 divided by 2 plus 7 = 22

And you're only 19. Well, you fail by the age-appropriate formula. Aw...

But seriously, you are 19, you're an adult woman. If you really want to date him, go for it I say. In the end, happiness is more important than sticking to your age range.

Yeah, that formula has obvious flaws!!
Reply 66
i really dont think this a big deal, you sound very sensible and i cant think of anyone i know who would have a problem with this, maybe tell your parents though...
Anonymous
Thank you. Yes, we've both got similar career aspirations, sense of humour and converse well...

I'd also like to stress, that he's respected me more than guys my age/slightly older have done. He hasn't simply told me he wants to have sex with me. He's very careful about the age difference - not wanting for me to see him like all other guys who would mess me around.

That is a sentence I have heard once too often in my life......and guess what? They still end up doing exactly what they said they wouldn't!!!

Like I said before you sound determined to go out with this man, go for it! If you click and the attraction is there, then why not? ......

Have fun!
Anonymous
That is a sentence I have heard once too often in my life......and guess what? They still end up doing exactly what they said they wouldn't!!!

Like I said before you sound determined to go out with this man, go for it! If you click and the attraction is there, then why not? ......

Have fun!

Very true - but you can hardly suggest older men are more likely to screw around?
OP it can work :smile: Currently in a nine year age gap myself (have been for a year and a half now!), and it's going really well. It's just about maturity levels, and talking about what you both want from the relationship. It sounds like you two have a lot of the same interests and you click well, so I wish you luck :smile:
I say go for it, going out with a older guy has always what I have done, they are alot more mature and know how to treat a women right. My ex was 34 when I was 18 and we got on great, his clubbing and drinking days had gone and he would treat me right. Not to mention the amazing sex life we had as he was much more experienced and knew how to take things slow.
Go for it I say I dont think you will regret it if you do
Choccielatte
Very true - but you can hardly suggest older men are more likely to screw around?

No didn't mean it like that - just meant that with the majority of older chaps I have had dealings with they always screw me around. Not even had a relationship for 5years because I can't trust men or I get used!

What the OP is saying just reminds me of the crap I dealt with many moons ago and it really isn't nice - being side lined for someone who resembles the same age as the older person after being fed ********!!!

The OP is hell bent on taking things further with this man so I wish her all the best.
Reply 72
Areyoukidding?
Yeah, that's a great advert for Heroin use.

Who gives a flying rat-**** if it "feels right"? Sticking his cock inside little children probably feels pretty right to Gary Glitter.

No need for the obscure language. It is not a Gary Glitter scenario. At 19 she is old enough to make her own decisions, she isn't a child. I think you are the one who needs to grow up! And Heroin use? Not really anything to do with it really!
Reply 73
Sasha_xx
No need for the obscure language. It is not a Gary Glitter scenario. At 19 she is old enough to make her own decisions, she isn't a child. I think you are the one who needs to grow up! And Heroin use? Not really anything to do with it really!

Thanks!
Reply 74
Anonymous
Thanks!

It's okay :smile: Some people eh?!x
Reply 75
Sasha_xx
It's okay :smile: Some people eh?!x

Definitely - I'm over 18 and not a child. Comparing him to a paedophile is cruel. :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending