The Student Room Group

housemate called me the 'house slut'...

anon please.

so basically, as title says...i overheard my housemate this evening talking to his friend and he referred to me as the 'house slut' (he was a bit drunk at the time). possibly because everyone in my house is in a relationship with either one another/someone else, and i'm single. i'm in my second year at uni and before i started first year i broke off a long term relationship so had a couple of flings/one night affairs to get over it, nothing out of the ordinary for a fresher- i've heard people do much worse! and i haven't got with anyone in aages- literally like 4 months...

i'm pretty shaken up/angry about this...am i right to be this upset? should i tell him i overheard him and potentially make things awkward for the rest of the year, or just keep quiet and...i don't know. i'm just really angry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
like you said...he was drunk
i doubt he really meant it
and yea obviously you're gonna be upset if someone calls you a slut, but you don't really sound like one
not sure what you'll achieve by bringing it up
Kisskoli
like u said...he was drunk
i doubt he really meant it
n ye obv u gna b upset if some1 calls u a slut, but u dont really sound lyk one
not sure what u'll achieve by bringing it up

Weeyyyyy
The innuendo!
Reply 3
Probably a joke he made when intoxicated which had no evil intent behind it. I wouldn't let it boil over into a house war.
Reply 4
you should feel proud

that's a compliment in today's society

guys aim to be "pimps", girls aim at being "bitches"

you know what i'm saying
Reply 5
Are you a slut? Be honest now...
Dynamitri
you should feel proud

that's a compliment in today's society

guys aim to be "pimps", girls aim at being "bitches"

you know what i'm saying

really? :holmes:
Reply 7
unknownking321
really? :holmes:

OK, I'll put a sarcasm alert the next time, especially for you:

Anonymous
anon please.

so basically, as title says...i overheard my housemate this evening talking to his friend and he referred to me as the 'house slut' (he was a bit drunk at the time). possibly because everyone in my house is in a relationship with either one another/someone else, and i'm single. i'm in my second year at uni and before i started first year i broke off a long term relationship so had a couple of flings/one night affairs to get over it, nothing out of the ordinary for a fresher- i've heard people do much worse! and i haven't got with anyone in aages- literally like 4 months...

i'm pretty shaken up/angry about this...am i right to be this upset? should i tell him i overheard him and potentially make things awkward for the rest of the year, or just keep quiet and...i don't know. i'm just really angry.

He probably didn't mean it offensively especially if he was drunk, seriously honey in my first year i had a few one night stand in the first few weeks then got with a long term boyfriend which as you said is nothing out of the ordinary and i was a stilll known as the house slut for a while, but that may have been because all but two (including me) in my house where a bit frigid. There is nothing wrong with having fun and having a bit of casual sex now and then, if you're known as the house slut who cares.
Reply 9
hippieglitter
He probably didn't mean it offensively especially if he was drunk, seriously honey in my first year i had a few one night stand in the first few weeks then got with a long term boyfriend which as you said is nothing out of the ordinary and i was a stilll known as the house slut for a while, but that may have been because all but two (including me) in my house where a bit frigid. There is nothing wrong with having fun and having a bit of casual sex now and then, if you're known as the house slut who cares.

exactly...the thing is, i haven't even been having casual sex lately! so it feels a bit below the belt. and he's not exactly my favourite person in the world, and he's not really much of a 'joker' either (even when he's drunk, he's too shy) the friend he was talking to has never met me so i don't know...i feel like i'm overreacting but still - harsh!
Anonymous
exactly...the thing is, i haven't even been having casual sex lately! so it feels a bit below the belt. and he's not exactly my favourite person in the world, and he's not really much of a 'joker' either (even when he's drunk, he's too shy) the friend he was talking to has never met me so i don't know...i feel like i'm overreacting but still - harsh!

You said 4 months since you last had casual sex, that's really not that long and if it's something people are gonna notice, they'll remember it for a lot longer still. Like i said i was still known as the house slut long after i got with my boyfriend just cos i had a few different guys over freshers fortnight.
Reply 11
The solution involves a knife. Possibly even many knives.
Reply 12
He may fancy you, and saw that as a way of taking out his frustration
Reply 13
He wants to bang you
Reply 14
What a prick. Sleep with him then tell everyone in your house he has a tiny penis.
overreact more
c'mon now, casual sex is slutty. how someone can have sex with another person without hardly knowing them is beyond me...

and the fact that you think 4 months is a long time to not get boned also indicates slutty attitudes and values....

this is probably what the rest of your house think also
stick his dick up his nose. that'll show him!
i mean like literally all the way up his nose so it starts prodding at the brain. nasal self-sex.
Reply 19
dont worry about it. your at uni tell them to stop being so bitchy and gtfo. (probs best to find out if he ment it being drunk though) wouldnt be the best idea to go in slap him and call him a bitch before hand :P however some people like that for releasing anger =] im game :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending