The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I work in a chippy and get £4 per hour, but at Christmas I had a temp job at Argos and got £5.73 per hour. My friend works at Morrisons and gets £6 per hour and £9 on Sundays :eek:
Reply 2
Bar work @ £6ph

Farming @ £7 then £10ph OT
Reply 3
sainsbury petrol station @ £6.07ph

sainsbury night shift @ 7.57ph
Book_Star
I am basically looking for some part-time work and i just wanted to know where everyone worked and what the hourly pay is.

I would mostly be interested in supermarket jobs like asdas, tescos etc. and retail jobs like new look, office etc.

Please let me know!
:smile:
x

Well I work at Primark. The pay depends in what your age is I know for sure the pay for 18year olds (I'm 18) is £5.87 per hour. And it also depends on the location of the shop and the hours you work. Like for example I work 4 hours a week. So that means I get £101.00 per month.

You're unlikely get a job at New Look and Office Shoes - you will obviously need some fashion retail experience like me..:p:

I applied for H&M and Office Shoes, so far only Office has offered me an interview and now I have to wait for the phone call...:rolleyes:
Seeing as it says you live in London they probably pay higher rates in a lot of places, but I work in Boots and that's £6.59 an hour (I'm 18) and when I was 16/ 17 I worked in Next, and got £4.94 an hour. My friend still works there and apparently it's gone up to a whopping £4.99! New Look pays £6.10 (I have lots of friends who got their first jobs in New Look), and my friends at Sainsbury's get around £5.70 an hour.
I was working as a support worker - £7p/h, £7.50 for a night shift and £26 for a sleep-in.
Reply 7
Quail
Seeing as it says you live in London they probably pay higher rates in a lot of places, but I work in Boots and that's £6.59 an hour (I'm 18) and when I was 16/ 17 I worked in Next, and got £4.94 an hour. My friend still works there and apparently it's gone up to a whopping £4.99! New Look pays £6.10 (I have lots of friends who got their first jobs in New Look), and my friends at Sainsbury's get around £5.70 an hour.

Are you sure?, I'm getting paid £6.03ph at Sainsburys, which rises after six months.
Nevasleep
Are you sure?, I'm getting paid £6.03ph at Sainsburys, which rises after six months.

Yep I'm sure! They're not 18 yet so that might have something to do with it? And one of them has been there for over a year :eek:
Reply 9
Was a bookseller at waterstones @ £7.24 phr and also about £10.86ish for night shift work

Latest

Trending

Trending