The Student Room Group

From Kaiser to Fuhrer: Germany, 1900-45

Hey all,

I'm self-studying this Unit for Edexcel. As I'm self studying, I obviously can't set myself essays :rolleyes:

Is there anyone on TSR who is doing/has done this course, that could possibly recomend me essay questions?

It would be much appreciated if you could :smile:

Thankss
Reply 1
"How accurate is it to say that persecution of the jews in Germany steadily intensified in the years 1933-1942" (30 marks)

'How accurate is it to say that the years 1924-28 were 'Golden years' of the Weimar Republic?'

'How accurate is it to say that propogandea was the main reason for the growth in Nazi support between 1928-1932?'

Those are some of the questions we were given at school, when I was doing that unit

My teacher also recommended this textbook, although I personally didn't use it

http://www.edexcel.com/subjects/History/Pages/ResourcesViewer.aspx?item=135

Have you tried looking at past papers on the edexcel website?

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/history/Pages/default.aspx

The past paper titled: 'Option E/F The Expansion and Challenge of Nationalism' should be relevant to what you're studying =]

Hope this helped :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Fantastic! That's brilliant :biggrin:
I am doing this course and using the Edexcel approved book along with it.
They have exam based questions in the book, at the end of each unit, which could be helpful for you.

Hope the self-studying is going well :smile:
Here are a couple of questions I've had to do for this course so far

'By the beginning of 1929, the prospects for the survival of the Weimar Republic looked good.'

'Did Germany’s strengths strongly outweigh her weaknesses by 1900?' (This was as we did the lead up to 1900 for back ground which is good to know :smile:)

'To what extent do you agree that it was Hitler’s personality and ability which brought the Nazis to power'
Reply 5
Hey,
This exam is so soon and im really worried just wondering are you revising literally the whole course or just sectoions you know you would answer well?
Thanks
Reply 6
I am soo scared about the history exam! =/ I feel like I don't know anything.

by the way, should I bother looking at the 1924-29 period? stability of STressman years? but Weimar did come up last year...?

and what if 37/50 - for ums - for the coursework?

thank
I don't think it is likely to come up this year because the whole period came up last year, i would say get your 3-4 key points for some example questions and put 3 facts to each point if you're scarce for time.
Original post by Harpreet26
I am soo scared about the history exam! =/ I feel like I don't know anything.

by the way, should I bother looking at the 1924-29 period? stability of STressman years? but Weimar did come up last year...?

and what if 37/50 - for ums - for the coursework?

thank

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending