The Student Room Group

How can a short guy attract a girl

Keep anon please.

I just turned 18 and I am 5'5".

Seeing as how 5'7" is the minimum for girls (yes even short girls) what can I possibly do? Please don't lie to me about how there are girls that would date a short guy because in threads about a guys height, it's clear that girls wouldn't date a 5'5". Even in real life you can see this. I am sure even girls who are 4'11" don't want a 5'5" guy.

If I could afford it, I would get leg lengthening surgery. But I can't.

I will pretty much date any girl. If a girl wants to date a guy my height, then that alone is good enough for me. You can call it desperate if you want, but why should I follow my own preferences if it's already hard to find a girl who likes short guys? Surely that is just going to lower my chances even more?

Scroll to see replies

By not drawing so much attention to his height and being insecure about it.
Reply 2
I didn't know 5'7'' was the minimum girls go for? XD
Do i really want to look like i'm a mouse standing next to a giant?
As long as they're taller than me i suppose *not hard*, i couldn't care less about height.
Leg implants.

Become the President of France.

Stop caring? Insecureness is an even bigger turn off.

Go for shorter girls.
Reply 4
It doesnt matter :s-smilie: not one bit >.< ,
Besiddess I'm 5'2" soo everyones taller than me .
Reply 5
0201Bean
I didn't know 5'7'' was the minimum girls go for? XD
Do i really want to look like i'm a mouse standing next to a giant?
As long as they're taller than me i suppose *not hard*, i couldn't care less about height.

Well if you're a short girl, then 5'7" does seem to be the minimum. But if you're a taller girl, then obviously it goes up. That's what I ment :smile:.
Disregard females, acquire currency.
Reply 7
Reagan Smash
Leg implants.

Become the President of France.

Stop caring? Insecureness is an even bigger turn off.

Go for shorter girls.

But like I said, even they don't want short guys.
Reply 8
Don't get hung up on girls that care too much over height, find someone that doesn't care.
Easier said than done but it'll happen.
Reply 9
Anonymous
Well if you're a short girl, then 5'7" does seem to be the minimum. But if you're a taller girl, then obviously it goes up. That's what I ment :smile:.

I'm a very short girl, 4'11'' (well nearly) and 5'7'' isn't my minimum, 5'5'' is perfectly fine. in fact i know shorter guys believe it or not. :p:
Reply 10
Fake it till you make it. I knew a guy who couldn't have been more than 5"2 and he just had BAGS of confidence (or fake confidence). He was average looking but just so hilarious and charming, his height made no difference. And I'm 5"8 so I really towered over him, in fact I'm very outspoken about not getting with short guys but I can honestly say this guy's height was completely unimportant for once.
Reply 11
Anonymous
But like I said, even they don't want short guys.

as i said im 5'2" and not that height bothers me but id feel weird going out with someone really tall. :smile: and if people care that much that your short they're not worth it !
Since when is 5"7 the minimum even for short girls? I am short, 5"2, but my boyfriends only 5"5 and I cant say I'm bothered, he had a few girlfriends before me so they obviously didn't mind either. One of my good friends is 5"8ish and she is taller than her boyfriend as he is only 5"6ish. Nobody cares.
fox_the_fix
Disregard females, acquire currency.

In other words, money over bishez!
lol, why have loads of us short guys on TSR suddenly started to make threads about it? :biggrin:

Like others have said, insecurity is your main problem, not height.
Reply 15
GormlessWonder
lol, why have loads of us short guys on TSR suddenly started to make threads about it? :biggrin:

Like others have said, insecurity is your main problem, not height.

It's probably the same guy.
Reply 16
Chloroform.

If you have to try and attract her due to your height, she's not worth it if she's shallow?
Reply 17
I'm 5'3" or so so it wouldn't bother me at all. I'd have an excuse not to wear high heels, and kissing wouldn't be painful to my neck. I like your imagined "minimum height to be able to get girls" though.
It doesn't matter, you'll meet someone who loves you for you. We all have our insecurities.
Reply 19
high heals?

Latest

Trending

Trending