The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
riiight.
I don't know how representative girls on TSR are of women in general...

Im representative! :yep:

And im sure there are plenty of confident young women kicking around TSR, but theres not much point in starting a "im fantastic and super confident in my own skin" thread now is there. :cool:
dont finish that statemen
how often females post insecure threads? Such as 'what body type do you like?' do you like a women who is a cheerleader?' 'should I be smart or on a sport team?"

Personally, I always assume if they act like this without a boyfriend they will be worse with one. ie " always Am I fat, which shirt do you prefer, would you love me more if I looked like her" and etc. So I tend to avoid most girls like this at all cost.

But does it seems alot of girls on TSR wish to give back some of their hard earned Independence for a man to cosign with approval of their appearance and lifestyle? Do you think women these days not any confidence? Do you find insecure women attractive?

MY GIRLFRIENDis capable of making a decision, getting dresses and staying fit by herself which I find very sexy but are most men wanted girls would need them to pick in choose most aspects of there life? Am I missing something?

You Lie!!!!!!! :rofl:
greatmonte
You Lie!!!!!!! :rofl:

Hahahahaha. Are you kidding? Or do you just assume that because you don't have one no one does?
Reply 23
Tsukuyomi
Dude more dumb ass guys post pics asking for people to rate them.
Its a shame we dont get a fine semi naked chick asking ask to rate her.

oh alright then, u twisted my arm... pics coming shortly!

I joke.
kellybee
oh alright then, u twisted my arm... pics coming shortly!

I joke.

Reply 25
mikeylfc1989

okay im scared :woo: :woo: :woo:
To be fair, the sort of threads you get in H&R are often the same sort of questions people write to agony aunts in magazines. Then people probably prefer to go to an online forum rather than send a letter to a print magazine because their question is posted instantly, they can get replies instantly, and they can also get replies from more than one person, increasing the chance of a good reply. But yeah, like others said, many people get insecure, especially young people, as we're at that funny stage of life. And then it's easier for some people to let out their worries online than go to someone they know. Just my two pence.

Oh yeah OP, and you're the guy who made that thread about white men and black women? To be honest it pains me more to see threads like that :facepalm2:
Reply 27
Tbh all the threads saying "What type of body do you like", regardless of whether they're for guys or girls are depressing. Just be happy with who you are for christs sake!! The funniest ones though are the ones when guys try the whole "do you like my body?" thing, and they're obviously just looking for an ego boost otherwise they wouldn't post them, but it backfires everytime :biggrin:
dont finish that statemen
Hahahahaha. Are you kidding? Or do you just assume that because you don't have one no one does?

you just seem a bit bitter about women
greatmonte
you just seem a bit bitter about women

Women no not at all. I LOVE women. Insecure girls trying to pass for women then yes, I am VERY "bitter" or upset by it.
Most women are extremely insecure about their weight/appearance, even the very beautiful ones. This is exploited by advertising companies and cosmetic companies through 'Cosmetic Psychopharmacology', a term coined in 1990 by psychiatrist Peter D. Kramer. It refers to "the use of psychoactive medications by normal healthy individuals, for the purpose of enhancement rather than treatment of a formal pathology." Hence the majority of adverts on TV are aimed at women.

Men are also insecure of course, however we tend to grow out of it more than women. We also have less pressure on us to look 'pretty'.

To be honest I think your girlfriend most likely has the same issues that most of the girls are expressing on here. It's a real shame that women with absolutely no real flaws feel unattractive due to images shoved down their throats in magazines to make them feel inferior and hence buy more and more products to try to achieve an impossible look.

Conspiracy theory? You decide....
Reply 31
campy
Oh I see, sorry. I was mostly being pedantic about what you said (I think there are a lot of 18+ on here actually...but that's irrelevant-I just assumed you were being a poo-head...sorry!). I do agree though with tsr not being representative. But my actual response to OP was that there are just as many threads from guys being insecure. And that on tsr you're bound to find more people complaining about insecurities because it's sort of anon (especially if you actually use anon) and it's a forum for students to talk about things which concern them

Yeah, I agree. And just for clarification... I wasn't intending on being a poo-head (but i can see how you might assume so on here)!

kellybee
Im representative! :yep:

And im sure there are plenty of confident young women kicking around TSR, but theres not much point in starting a "im fantastic and super confident in my own skin" thread now is there. :cool:

Good to know! You should make one anyway just to be different, miss representative.
Reply 32
riiight.

Good to know! You should make one anyway just to be different, miss representative.

and get called a cocky attention-seeking slaaaaag? nah im good thanks. :cool:
Reply 33
Personally:

I'm pretty independent, but I say things like that to get reassurance and compliments :P I don't need it, but I guess it's just nice.
But this thread gives me a new perspective.. I might just quit.. ha.
Reply 34
campy
Well done. How am I not a woman? I am an adult female. I am a woman. What are you? A boy? Probably.

I agree though, population on TSR=not represenattive of population in general. No one in real life asks things like 'does ******* a lot shrink your balls?'

EDIT: sorry, *does masturbating a lot...

haha, the internet is basically one big "all the things you wanted to know about... but were afraid to ask". OF course no one asks their peers that, they have the net.
Reply 35
This is an internet forum. For students. Everyone on here is insecure. So instead of bottling it up, or going on a crazy to someone in real life, they come on here, get others to analyse them and get on with their lives. It isn't a crime to want people to admire you or to want people to say where you could be going wrong and give advice to help others improve.

In short; get over it :smile:
"females"

What the hell are you on about? The thread topic itself sounds like some made-up pile of junk.
Reply 37
.44_Magnum
haha, the internet is basically one big "all the things you wanted to know about... but were afraid to ask". OF course no one asks their peers that, they have the net.

Damn straight
Reply 38
i think OP is missing the point in many cases: i dont like fat women who loud are about proving how secure and comfortable they are with their looks in the case where their weight is a personal choice of lifestyle and diet. and they are obviously the complete opposite of secure when they have to keep bringing the insecurity up. i think asking for feedback at a healthy rate is a good thing. people like to gain experience of other's thought by asking questions, they care what others think, its not necessarily always a bad thing, unless its over done. another thing you cannot judge because you dont know about, is what is done with the advice on tsr.. if a girl finds useful advice to help her better herself and does something about it, then its a good thing. but if its only going to be asked every time she wakes up to this growing insecurity whenever she feels down or ugly, or undervalued by guys, and never does anything constructive about it.. then its just venting i guess, which is also natural.

OP, not everyone is born perfect with a perfect life, and ppl have dreams, and somewhere in that gap is the emotional struggle of life i guess
HighestKungFu
Most women are extremely insecure about their weight/appearance, even the very beautiful ones. This is exploited by advertising companies and cosmetic companies through 'Cosmetic Psychopharmacology', a term coined in 1990 by psychiatrist Peter D. Kramer. It refers to "the use of psychoactive medications by normal healthy individuals, for the purpose of enhancement rather than treatment of a formal pathology." Hence the majority of adverts on TV are aimed at women.

Men are also insecure of course, however we tend to grow out of it more than women. We also have less pressure on us to look 'pretty'.

To be honest I think your girlfriend most likely has the same issues that most of the girls are expressing on here. It's a real shame that women with absolutely no real flaws feel unattractive due to images shoved down their throats in magazines to make them feel inferior and hence buy more and more products to try to achieve an impossible look.

Conspiracy theory? You decide....

Pretty much this.
There is so much pressure on girls to look good that they feel their only value to a man is their looks.
It's not their fault for the way they are, but they could always change

Latest

Trending

Trending