The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea :sigh:. I tell my boyfriend I love him but not sure if I really do. :/

Anon incase he sees this :frown:
gooooood question.

also confused with infatuation/love
Reply 3
seasandskies
gooooood question.

also confused with infatuation/love

I'm pretty sure "infatuation" is the same as lust. It's kinda complicated. "Love" is more about how you love someone emotionally, I guess "lust" is physical (sexual fantasies with them just because of their looks/personality) whereas love is much more affectionate and deep. I dunno.
Just as confused as you OP.
Reply 5
When you want to still actually be with them after the first stages of seeing someone. You get past the 'honeymoon period' and still want to be around them even though the original sparks have lessened or are not there anymore.

Lust is when you just wanna **** them and have no actual interest in them as a person
Well technically 'love' doesn't exist and IS just a combination of lust,infatuation,hormones,friendship,compatible personalities etc....
Well thats what love is anyway so...With more emotions than just that though.
TheLeprachaun
Well technically 'love' doesn't exist and IS just a combination of lust,infatuation,hormones,friendship,compatible personalities etc....

oh....someone hasn't been loved....
Nasir....:-)

Ouch, you went there! :p:
Reply 10
Anyone for Live Jazz Night @ Racks , Brostol?
Nasir....:-)

I've had a fair few girlfriends who've said they loved me and I've said the same thing back,but just to keep them happy. :smile:

I'm not trying to be the cold guy here, but love doesn't exist. I mean I've really enjoyed being with some girls, but that doesn't make it love.
Apparently theres like a time limit where the chemicals in your brain change, i think its 6 months.
yellowmeringue
Ouch, you went there! :p:

do you think it was too harsh?
Callipygian
Apparently theres like a time limit where the chemicals in your brain change, i think its 6 months.

Yeh I dunno the specifics but it's all down to chemical reactions. It's sad,but true.
Reply 15
I ejaculated earlier today - it felt so good, and thus I realised that it couldn't just possibly be a biologically explicable phenomenon. It had to be something more, something which transcends our empirical study.

Here is my point

Reply 16
well what is true love?
no one knows, but what i can tell you is it happens in a blink of an eye. one moment you enjoying your life with then, and the next you thinking how the f am i going to live without them.
TheLeprachaun
I've had a fair few girlfriends who've said they loved me and I've said the same thing back,but just to keep them happy. :smile:

I'm not trying to be the cold guy here, but love doesn't exist. I mean I've really enjoyed being with some girls, but that doesn't make it love.

Love does exist but it is just so rare that sometimes I feel like it doesn't exist nowadays.....but I hope you find someone that really and truly loves you and you can return those feelings :smile:
Anglerfish
I ejaculated earlier today - it felt so good, and thus I realised that it couldn't just possibly be a biologically explicable phenomenon. It had to be something more, something which transcends our empirical study.

Here is my point

Well said.
Reply 19
Anonymous
ok a bit of a random question but..in a relationship how do you know whether you "love" the person or whether its just a combination of hormones and lust :smile:

I thought love was a combination fo hormones and lust :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending