The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nasir....:-)
oh....someone hasn't been loved....

So what more is 'love' then?
Love does exist but it is just so rare that sometimes I feel like it doesn't exist nowadays.....but I hope you find someone that really and truly loves you and you can return those feelings :smile:

Jesus,no need to be so patronising. It doesn't exist,the end. What people consider 'love' is just a combination of loads of other things that do exist. People can fool themselves into thinking they're in love,and I've no problem with that. Whatever helps them sleep at night.

It's not like I don't enjoy relationships because I know love doesn't exist. I just know that the foundations of said relationship are built on other things.
do you think it was too harsh?

No, it was true, just a little hurtful maybe.
It's just a matter of time and the amount of things you actually like about each other.
I've been pondering this question for some time now.

I think it's evident when a couple is truly in love, and equally when a couple is purely together for sex. You can also tell, I find, when talking to people whether or not they're a commitment kind of person or not.
AP1989
So what more is 'love' then?

love between any 2 persons is where they have an understanding between themselves that sometimes can't be expressed by words....and I believe that if you love someone truly you will never ask for anything in return from that person:smile:
yellowmeringue
No, it was true, just a little hurtful maybe.

I feel really bad now....I think he dislikes me now :s-smilie: ....damnit I don't know how to be a nice person
Reply 27
love is like fire, when its burning and hot its hard to put off but when someone puts water then you have a problem and the fire goes off just like love. when everythings going good then its ok but when you have problems the love is out of the window.
I reckon if you still love them after the 'honeymoon period' you love them :smile:

My relationship with Tom changed a lot from what it started out as, but now I know I love him for him, rather than just sex :p:
I feel really bad now....I think he dislikes me now :s-smilie: ....damnit I don't know how to be a nice person

Hey,cheer up there. I don't dislike you,I just disagree with you. I'm not hurt by your comment because it's not true, I've had lots of people say they 'love' me in my life, and I hardly start ranting to them that it doesn't exist, I just say I love them too,it's much easier. I'm just telling the truth, that love isn't an actual thing, just a state of mind people get themselves into because they need 'love' for some reason.

I'm sure you're a lovely person. :smile:
You have that feeling towards someone and think about them all the time.
You miss them when they're not there and get worried and want to know where they are.
You want to be part of their life and see them all the time
Your heart gets broken when they don't feel the same :emo:
TheLeprachaun
Hey,cheer up there. I don't dislike you,I just disagree with you. I'm not hurt by your comment because it's not true, I've had lots of people say they 'love' me in my life, and I hardly start ranting to them that it doesn't exist, I just say I love them too,it's much easier. I'm just telling the truth, that love isn't an actual thing, just a state of mind people get themselves into because they need 'love' for some reason.

:wink:
Reply 32
love between any 2 persons is where they have an understanding between themselves that sometimes can't be expressed by words....and I believe that if you love someone truly you will never ask for anything in return from that person:smile:

well thats just a delusion to be honest, its a two way thing to be honest.

if you love someone you do expect to get something in return and that is the love of the other person, the attention of the other person. everytime you see with them with the opposite sex you will feel jelous not cause is having a good time but having a fear you might loose them. just listening to them makes you whole day go good.

but then after a while reality hits and bham you end up breaking with them lol
Reply 33
It is alarming how many of you think being clingy, neurotic and emotionally parasitic is equivalent to 'being in love', whatever the sense of that phrase might be.
s0600128
well thats just a delusion to be honest, its a two way thing to be honest.

if you love someone you do expect to get something in return and that is the love of the other person, the attention of the other person. everytime you see with them with the opposite sex you will feel jelous not cause is having a good time but having a fear you might loose them. just listening to them makes you whole day go good.

but then after a while reality hits and bham you end up breaking with them lol

when you love someone you want to see them happy, don't you? so would do anything for them just to bring that smile on their face (btw I'm not talking about love just between a boy and girl)
TheLeprachaun

I have been in love before and I'm not just saying that. I was like you and thought it's impossible to love someone. People just like the idea of love. But last year and still now I'm in love with someone and it hurts like a f?cking knife :frown:
If love is real, then why do people cheat? Obviously, you don't love someone if you cheat on them.

You know who you are.
Reply 37
when you love someone you want to see them happy, don't you? so would do anything for them just to bring that smile on their face (btw I'm not talking about love just between a boy and girl)

yep i would sacrifice my life to see some of the ones who i love to be happy.
well there was some qoute about love being giving someone the power to hurt you and trusting that they won't. I think thats pretty much the difference. In lust its just sexual/maybe including personality and like if you split from them ud get over it quickly, but if they can really hurt you (emotionally.. im aware anyone can hurt physically :P) then its more like love. (might sound kinda cheesy but oh well XD)
s0600128
yep i would sacrifice my life to see some of the ones who i love to be happy.

I wish there were more people like you in this world...shame people only sacrifice themselves just so they can kill 100s along with themselves

Latest

Trending

Trending