The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Advanced Subsidiary
If love is real, then why do people cheat? Obviously, you don't love someone if you cheat on them.

You know who you are.

someone has cheated on you....oh dear....
I lust you just doesn't sound the same...

I don't see myself loving a boyfriend tbh. Or maybe not yet.
ipulledhermione
I lust you just doesn't sound the same...

Course it does. Give it a try.
Reply 43
:sigh:
Lust is just a shallow passion for someone merely on a physical level, without any deep feelings.

Love is much deeper but almost simpler - it sounds ridiculous, but when its inconcievable for you to part, you have a capacity of emotion for them deeper than anything, and you are completely each other - that's love, as I see it.

Having said that, I agree with D H Lawrence that "love is like a flower, it must flower and fade, change into something else, or it would not be flowery"

Love doesn't last forever, so I suppose you should just enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Reply 45
TheLeprachaun
Well technically 'love' doesn't exist and IS just a combination of lust,infatuation,hormones,friendship,compatible personalities etc....
Nasir....:-)
oh....someone hasn't been loved....

Advanced Subsidiary
If love is real, then why do people cheat? Obviously, you don't love someone if you cheat on them.

You know who you are.

Your analytical skills are astounding.
Reply 46
I wish there were more people like you in this world...shame people only sacrifice themselves just so they can kill 100s along with themselves

lol actually to be honest i wouldnt kill my self as i dont belive in suicide but i would do anythin for the one who i love especially if shes nice to me and loving and caring.
TheLeprachaun
Course it does. Give it a try.

Would you like me to try it on you...? :innocent:

I've never been cheated on before :wink:
Anglerfish
Your analytical skills are astounding.

She got me wrong :awesome:
Advanced Subsidiary
I've never been cheated on before :wink:

just hope it stays that way :smile:
Reply 52
Advanced Subsidiary
She got me wrong :awesome:

And no doubt she was incorrect about the Irish fella too. :biggrin:
ipulledhermione
Would you like me to try it on you...? :innocent:

If this weren't the interwebz, hells yeah.
Anonymous
I have no idea :sigh:. I tell my boyfriend I love him but not sure if I really do. :/

Anon incase he sees this :frown:

lol that's just wrong on so many levels, very unfair to him...but I can imagine your position, if you've said it once you can't just revert back to telling him you merely 'like' him.

I've always thought for me love is when I put a girl's happiness before mine and I'm willing to go through tough difficult times to be with her.
just hope it stays that way :smile:

To God, I hope I don't get cheated on lol :smile:
well...I always say that love is when you would happily die for the other person (so they can live), but also know that they too would do the same without a second thought.

lust...thats when you want to **** their brains out :biggrin:
Anglerfish
And no doubt she was incorrect about the Irish fella too. :biggrin:

do you enjoy proving other people wrong....?
I find this thread cheering, to be honest.

I love my boyfriend. But it's more akin to a deep affection, in the way you love your family (no incest jokes plzzzz), with added attraction and physical/emotional intimacy. When I hear about the Disney love people go on about, I start to think, "hmmm, maybe I have this all wrong. I've been with my boyfriend for years and don't want to break up with him at all, but I don't feel the way they're describing."

But really, I think some people are capable of feeling the "Disney" love, and others aren't. I'm too logical to be like that - I agree that love is that stuff that TheLeprechaun describes it as. So I'm glad this thread isn't full of, "Love is where you feel like your heart is LITERALLY inside the other person, and if you're away from them you feel you might DIE, and you can't think of anything else when they're not around, and you would do literally anything to make them happy." How do these people get on with their lives??? The other day my friend was shocked when I said something along the lines of, "I'd be really unhappy if I broke up with John, but I'd get over it eventually." Seems logical to me.

Anon because I don't want my boyfriend see that I've described our relationship in such a sterile tone! :p:
Reply 59
do you enjoy proving other people wrong....?

Not particularly. ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending