The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Love is just a magic word that young people like to hear.
Lust is a part of the so-called love. Sexual attraction can bring 2 people together for some time. And the more one can add to this attraction or desire or whatever people like to call it, the longer the relation can survive. The more interests 2 persons share, the closer in mind they become. This closeness leads to trust and the feeling of being dependent on the other person to be happy, otherwise one feels emptiness.

And the other way around: sexual desire with less common interests or difference in characters, more boring, more distance and the hearts break apart.
Anglerfish
Not particularly. ^^

so you just have a problem with me?
Reply 62
Nasir....:-)
so you just have a problem with me?

Nope, not that either. You're fine - you seem very kind. :smile:
Reply 63
Who gives a **** about love? lust is more fun ;D
Anglerfish
Nope, not that either. You're fine - you seem very kind. :smile:

:wink:
Reply 65
:wink:

I simply dislike idiocy, and this thread is full of it. I did not mean to single you out.
Anglerfish
I simply dislike idiocy, and this thread is full of it. I did not mean to single you out.

thanks for calling me an idiot *you moron* lol
Reply 67
And it continues. :facepalm2:
Lust to me is when people talk about wanting to be together all the time, thinking about each other all the time, aching when they're not together... That's lust to me. Love is when you're happy enough and content enough that you can do your own thing, get on with your own life, but have made a choice to have somebody else involved in that life. I certainly wouldn't do anything to make my husband happy, nor him me, but we love each other all the same. I dunno, love is what's left over after all those feelings have gone, when you've made a decision to share your life, not give your life up for one person.

Dunno if any of that made sense though,
People also need to realise there's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.
Reply 70
welll love onli happens once wiv dat special sum1:woo: :smile: :kiss2:
Hmm. Used to share leprechaun's 'I know love doesn't exist' ideas. I've decided now that some type of love does exist though, and that it is separate from lust even if these things are often intertwined.

In my opinion the type of 'love' based on compatability and shared experiences isn't love, it's compatability and shared experiences, and whatever bond is created out of this.

But love cynics, have you never just completely adored something/everything about someone's character, in a way that is completely separate from whatever relationship or experiences you have had with them? I think you can be in love with and in awe of someone's personality early on in a relationship or having known them for a hundred years, and therefore don't agree with the 'lust is at the beginning, love is what's left afterwards' idea.

Even if it's not aallll that different for the type of love with have for other things, e.g. cheesecake :biggrin:, surely it exists?
Reply 72
lol

try this:

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/47/bllustorlovequiz.htm

its not necessarily anywhere nearly accurate, but its fun way to see what lies between love and lust!
what about maternal love, like mammals getting really protective of their young. That bond has to be more than a few hormones, no?
I feel really bad now....I think he dislikes me now :s-smilie: ....damnit I don't know how to be a nice person

Smile, and hug people a lot. It never fails.
Reply 75
Anonymous
ok a bit of a random question but..in a relationship how do you know whether you "love" the person or whether its just a combination of hormones and lust :smile:

Is there a difference?
Reply 76
Moscardini
People also need to realise there's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.

And what's the difference?! :curious:
alijimi
And what's the difference?! :curious:

Well, this only my personal opinion, I feel that when you love someone you care about them and have feelings for them but there's that extra something that's not really quite there. Loving someone can be like how you say you love your friends, family and to an extent your boyfriend. Being in love I think, without sounding too cheesy, is something you can't really describe. It's a mixture of emotions friendship, wanting to protect and support them, and well...love. I don't think you can really put a definition to it.

Looking back at what I wrote that sounds kind of cheesy and lame...
Reply 78
Moscardini
Well, this only my personal opinion, I feel that when you love someone you care about them and have feelings for them but there's that extra something that's not really quite there. Loving someone can be like how you say you love your friends, family and to an extent your boyfriend. Being in love I think, without sounding too cheesy, is something you can't really describe. It's a mixture of emotions friendship, wanting to protect and support them, and well...love. I don't think you can really put a definition to it.

Looking back at what I wrote that sounds kind of cheesy and lame...

Ok but I didn't understand what is labeled in bold, because loving your boyfriend is different than loving your family and friends, I suppose. The missing part between love and being in love if I follow your logic, is "passion".
If you don't feel it for your boyfriend, is it because you are not sure that he's the right one, or that the relation is going to survive for a long time. In this case being in love would only be with the husband?!:handkiss:
Correct me if I'm wrong :pcguru: .
alijimi
Ok but I didn't understand what is labeled in bold, because loving your boyfriend is different than loving your family and friends, I suppose. The missing part between love and being in love if I follow your logic, is "passion".
If you don't feel it for your boyfriend, is it because you are not sure that he's the right one, or that the relation is going to survive for a long time. In this case being in love would only be with the husband?!:handkiss:
Correct me if I'm wrong :pcguru: .

I don't feel it for my boyfriend...well because I'm 15. And I'm not one of those girls who obsesses with the first guy who gets with her. And yeh, or unless it's like a serious relationship...or in books :love:

Latest

Trending

Trending