The Student Room Group

Does this mean anything?

Before I start, I know what I did was wrong, however I can't help being curious. Recently, I snooped through my boyfriend's sent texts. I know it's bad, but I wasn't going to read any until I saw the beginning of a text he sent to his cousin, so I decided to read the other 5 or so. In these texts he asked her about her love life (they have only met once about 8 years ago when they were younger and have recently starting talking) and then she asked him, he told her he was "single but breading it" whatever that means, "has girls here and there" and that there are a few girls he likes, but isn't interested in.

I feel really possessive going through his texts, but I really don't regret it because I find this really odd and I'm not sure what to make out of it. We have been together for two years so it's not like we're still a secret so I don't understand. I did ask him and he was really furious that I jumped to conclusions as he says. I obviously didn't that's why I asked him what it was about. He also said he barely knows his cousin so he didn't feel the need to tell her his personal life. I understand this, but why make it seem so real and I know that he was joking when he said he "has girls here and there."

Am I making a big deal over nothing?
Oh and sorry about the essay
Reply 1
Anyone, please?
Has he lied to you in the past as well? Trust is essential...you've been together 2 years..I'm sure you have some feeling of trust..
I can understand why he didn't want to talk about his personal life to his cousin who was not that close to him. Don't worry so much!
Reply 3
Thats a bit strange that he didn't say he has a girlfriend. If I were in your position I would be wondering the same thing. I will be interested reading other peoples views on this.
Reply 4
lastchristmas
Has he lied to you in the past as well? Trust is essential...you've been together 2 years..I'm sure you have some feeling of trust..
I can understand why he didn't want to talk about his personal life to his cousin who was not that close to him. Don't worry so much!

I wouldn't say he lies, but he does tend to change his side of the story a lot. I guess I'm making a mountain out of a molehill :rolleyes:
Reply 5
terri55
Thats a bit strange that he didn't say he has a girlfriend. If I were in your position I would be wondering the same thing. I will be interested reading other peoples views on this.

He doesn't like telling people about his personal life, but yes it is strange because we have made plans to move in together :/
I'm always seeing this kind of thread.. "I read his texts and I know I shouldn't have... BUT...". I don't understand how girls seem to think the relationship is perfect and then this kind of thing happens.. There's definitely something going wrong 'cos guys generally don't do this kinda thing out of the blue, for no reason..
sounds like a bit of ******...or maybe he is having an affair with his cousin!!!! :eek3:
Maybe he said it to come across as a smooth ultra cool player who sleeps around getting all the chicks.
Reply 9
A perfectly reasonable explanation for this would be..
If his parents don't no about you, maybe he wouldn't want his cousin to tell her parents that will tell his.
Because he's embarrassed at the fact he has a girlfriend.

just an idea.
Reply 10
Cypriots
A perfectly reasonable explanation for this would be..
If his parents don't no about you, maybe he wouldn't want his cousin to tell her parents that will tell his.
Because he's embarrassed at the fact he has a girlfriend.

just an idea.

I often go to his so that can't be the reason and i doubt there is any reason
Anonymous
Before I start, I know what I did was wrong, however I can't help being curious. Recently, I snooped through my boyfriend's sent texts. I know it's bad, but I wasn't going to read any until I saw the beginning of a text he sent to his cousin, so I decided to read the other 5 or so. In these texts he asked her about her love life (they have only met once about 8 years ago when they were younger and have recently starting talking) and then she asked him, he told her he was "single but breading it" whatever that means, "has girls here and there" and that there are a few girls he likes, but isn't interested in.

I feel really possessive going through his texts, but I really don't regret it because I find this really odd and I'm not sure what to make out of it. We have been together for two years so it's not like we're still a secret so I don't understand. I did ask him and he was really furious that I jumped to conclusions as he says. I obviously didn't that's why I asked him what it was about. He also said he barely knows his cousin so he didn't feel the need to tell her his personal life. I understand this, but why make it seem so real and I know that he was joking when he said he "has girls here and there."

Am I making a big deal over nothing?
Oh and sorry about the essay

some may say that trust is important, so shouldn't you have trusted him by not looking at his texts, let alone that being breaching his privacy??
Reply 12
Anonymous
I often go to his so that can't be the reason and i doubt there is any reason

Hmm that's a tough cookie.
Maybe he's trying to impress his cousin...:cool:
Reply 13
Cypriots
Hmm that's a tough cookie.
Maybe he's trying to impress his cousin...:cool:

well that would just be creepy lol

Latest

Trending