The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nice bottle of wine maybe?
condoms :colone:

just playing, maybe a bottle of cheap wine:hubba:
Reply 3
Bottle of wine (not a really cheap-looking one, mind), some flowers, some chocolates, a fruit basket?!
Reply 4
I agree with the wine :smile: or a nice cake type thing for afters. When we do anything like this, my mum always buys the key lime pie from M&S lol.
A big, meaty sausage. :woo:
Reply 6
food or wine would do
Ribs :smile: I love ribs.
Reply 8
Two buns.

For the burgers, you understand.
Reply 9
eggtarts
food or wine would do

It said you quoted me :confused:
Definitely don't take salad though...
Reply 11
Wine even if your under 18 just bring it for her parents, or a box of roses for everyone to eat.
Reply 12
An empty stomach. It's only polite!
Reply 13
Wine
Flowers
Reply 14
xaheartdx
I agree with the wine :smile: or a nice cake type thing for afters. When we do anything like this, my mum always buys the key lime pie from M&S lol.

Would food be a good option though? I don't want to seem rude bringing food to a barbecue, seeing as they will be providing food, if you know what I mean..

And I don't know much about wine.. only that there is red or white.. :yep:
Reply 15
Anonymous
Would food be a good option though? I don't want to seem rude bringing food to a barbecue, seeing as they will be providing food, if you know what I mean..

And I don't know much about wine.. only that there is red or white.. :yep:

:dunno: it's just something we do in my family - whoever we visit cooks the meal, we bring dessert.
Tbh, I don't know anything about wine either. I don't drink it lol. You could ask the shop assistant which one would be suitable when you're buying it. Or ask your gf what type they drink.
Anonymous
I'm going to a barbecue with my girlfriend's family and extended family. I'm not sure what to bring, I feel like I should take something because it's only polite. It's my first time meeting them as well.. Any ideas?

Some beer or some kind of punch/cocktail drink you 'made yourself' ... some wine? Some kind of dessert?
Reply 17
SaUsAgEssss...
Reply 18
take ur meatm u know wat i mean
take a bottle of champagne. everyone loves it; it looks generous; it doesn't matter which one you buy.

Latest

Trending

Trending