The Student Room Group

Im sick of people asking my age

I know other people complain about the same problem but Im 25 now and people say I look 10, others say I look 15 but Ive had no higher than this. Its so weird as I have a twin but she looks her age according to people, then again we dont really look alike anyway. My collegues at work say that I look about 10/12 and that they couldn't believe it when they found out my age. The thing is I get sick of kids asking how old I am and talking about me like today I was walking down my street and saw some kids (16/17 year olds) who looked familiar and heard them say 'omg its her, shes 25' another said 'is she 25 she looks about 9?' then one of them said 'excuse me do you mind if we ask how old you are' I told them and they said 'ok thanks' then I heard talking and laughing. I wouldn't mind if it was just a one off but its regular Ive not a clue how people who I dont know find out my age and I hate the way they look. Adults are not so bad once they know my age but Im sick of being asked how old I am! Any advice:o: Btw it doesnt help that I have the confidence and social skills of a 10 year old but yea I just feel like a freak.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
grow a beard?
When your 40+ thou shal be rewarded
Reply 3
jblackmoustache
When your 40+ thou shal be rewarded

Yeah defo, he would be more grateful then lol.
Reply 4
So Surreal
Yeah defo, he would be more grateful then lol.

what makes you think he, Im a she.
Reply 5
Fynch101
grow a beard?

Thats the last thing that would help
You complain now, but when all your peers are turning 50 and crying over looking so old...you'll be loving your young age-defying look :cool:
Reply 7
Anonymous
what makes you think he, Im a she.

Opps, yeah you will have young red blooded boys after all the time!
I'm 25 and I nobody has guessed my age past the age of 20.
Reply 9
pics required
Reply 10
Get a tattoo...... On your forehead
Hey, don't worry about it! I get asked if I want a childs ticket on the train still - doesn't bother me - cheaper public transport! :p: looking young isn't all bad!
Ignore them - who cares about what randomers in the street think anyway. I'm sure you look great anyway, so shrug it off and ignore them. Be happy that in 20 years everyone will be be green with envy at your youthfulness :biggrin:
Reply 12
I'm 21 and look about 12, maybe even 10 at times haha :smile: Like everyone says, (hopefully) it should really work in your favour when you're 30, 40, 50!
Reply 13
Anonymous
I know other people complain about the same problem but Im 25 now and people say I look 10, others say I look 15 but Ive had no higher than this. Its so weird as I have a twin but she looks her age according to people, then again we dont really look alike anyway. My collegues at work say that I look about 10/12 and that they couldn't believe it when they found out my age. The thing is I get sick of kids asking how old I am and talking about me like today I was walking down my street and saw some kids (16/17 year olds) who looked familiar and heard them say 'omg its her, shes 25' another said 'is she 25 she looks about 9?' then one of them said 'excuse me do you mind if we ask how old you are' I told them and they said 'ok thanks' then I heard talking and laughing. I wouldn't mind if it was just a one off but its regular Ive not a clue how people who I dont know find out my age and I hate the way they look. Adults are not so bad once they know my age but Im sick of being asked how old I am! Any advice:o: Btw it doesnt help that I have the confidence and social skills of a 10 year old but yea I just feel like a freak.

Mate i think u shud count urself realy lucky. Me on the other hand am 18. Yes i'm 18 and people think that i'm for some reason 26?!
Don't worry there is somebody out there for everyone, but sadly in your case it will have to be a paedophile
i dont understand how you can look that young? Are you really short?
I don't even get ID'd for drink anymore and I'm only 22 :'(
Sockpirate
Hey, don't worry about it! I get asked if I want a childs ticket on the train still - doesn't bother me - cheaper public transport!

You're a liar and a thief. Stop raising prices for the rest of us.
Reply 18
Anonymous
Thats the last thing that would help

what? why?
Reply 19
rebecca_george
i dont understand how you can look that young? Are you really short?

5ft2 so yea

Latest

Trending

Trending