The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
My son married. Girl from Manchester and lives there honestly she is so lovely and warm and he reckons it’s lovely there I live in Erith Kent and it is well rough round here
thinking of the places I sofa surfed at

eccles

didsbury

altrincham or however you spell it

moss side

hulme

wythenshawe

some parts of wigan

erm actually i can go on all day tbh because for one, there's obvs great parts of Manchester depending on your taste. But being an English city there's gonna be scruffy and dangerous "chavvy" radgie parts too, so. I'm thinking of places tsrians would find rough, like tower blocks and pram pushers :biggrin:
Warning.., Be very careful walking around manchester upper brook street, Grafton street, Brunswick street, Oxford road and ardwick area in Manchester during the day and night. , lots of Break in around cars, guys on bikes stealing phones when people unware wslking talking on their phones. Watch out for Two or groups of guys hanging around. Known friends got assaulted for their phone and cash and got beaten up badly and left for dead in the areas named. Seen people’s phones snatched out of their hands felt helpless couldn’t do anything as it happened so fast. Police don’t do much they just report it as a Number. Shocked by how bad crime has risen, Manchester is no longer a safe place to work or live.
(edited 5 years ago)
Are you having a ****ing laugh or just a troll?Walking those streets by day is fine as it's Studentsville but by night you don't go where the pubs are and you're fine.
Not totally true. Flixton and Urmston are very lovely places to live with a great sense of community. Lived on a quiet road in Urmston all my life and never been any gangsters or anything hanging about. Chav free, gun free.
Reply 65
Moss side Ardwick Longsight Rusholme Fallowfield, numrous times ive nearly been robbed in fallowfield and rusholme mostly on the council sides not near the student village
Last year me and my mate was attacked by a gang off youths on lloyd street south , near the aldi in fallowfield, that part off fallowfield you should stay away from its full off gangs and tramps. Police are no help
Pls give me more details about longsight coz i would move to with my newborn baby very soon without any other of family member Is it un safe ? Pls specify Thx
oldham just cos it's depressing and gloomy when I went. there's many other areas like it but cba.

:rolleyes:everyone keeps saying moss side, salford, and cheetham cos of some "gooch gang" that was there and the Noonan brothers and that but...

honestly...any part of uk that has council homes, abandoned storefronts and boarded up properties, and brick faced homes, and certain types of people is gonna be called "worst area" especially on here. But these areas will soon be gentrified and in a couple yrs people coming across these posts will be confused that you mentioned em.
Original post by Amani gh
Pls give me more details about longsight coz i would move to with my newborn baby very soon without any other of family member Is it un safe ? Pls specify Thx

oof. well i know you've got levenshulme, a pretty rough area right nearby. longsight is a benefits ridden area if that means anything to you. doesn't mean anything to me but the dregs of multicultural society are here, kinda like bradford, really, but in some way, this makes it a very "british" place so probs nothing you've never seen before.
Reply 70
Just avoid areas like moston mossid if u want to invest the best place would be gorton but if u want to live I would not recommend it if you want a family friendly area that is cheap it is belle vue longsight is bad avoid it ardwick is bad but not as bad as mossid moston Cheadle is nice would recommend it there
Original post by Fanto
I am thinking of a job offer in Manchester and maybe live there if the job works out for me, i have heard parts can be rough as hell so i would like to know the roughest and worst parts to avoid. thanks

moston, gorton
I live in Manchester all my family are from hulme, fallowfield, longsight and burnage area i am a born and bred manc and its not that bad
I know this is 10 years old but...

Levenshulme and anything ending in “side” or “sight” lol.

I wanna defend Oldham because I’m from there. It’s not as rough as some places.
I agree with u lot saying cheetham hill my dad grew up there I’ve been there before and it’s very dodgy

Latest

Trending

Trending