The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The c/w is only worth 9 marks. The rest of the paper is just your everyday computing theory. i wouldnt wet yourself worrying about it.
Reply 61
Iluvatar

dont worry about faking it ... i have done most of the project but some parts are to anying to sort out so all i have done is fake a few bits ... all they need to see is the print outs and that is it .. just make it look as if it is there...

your going to get asked qestions like:

you were requested to produce a daily list of remarks complete where a mark change has affected the grade
a) give a page ref showing where this had been achieved
b) what file, table or worksheet is refed
c)what search criterion or filter is used

just make sure when you fake it that is is done well dont get a mistaked like making a report from a quiry but no quiry exists ...
Hey, anyone who needs help, chech the other long UKAB message.
Reply 63
We were given our UKAB only before easter, thats 3 weeks, 2 of which were without at teacher. I cant get my nested IIF statement to work, it keeps telling me i have a syntax error, do you know what i might be doing wrong?
Reply 64
Bugger using nested if's.

get the design part done. show some screens of your database "working" and thats pretty much it. all u gotta do in the paper is relate to your coursework tests and some of the design part. as ppl have said, its 10-15marks. the paper is out of like 90-100marks

so no biggy
Reply 65
Hi I am doing this and exam is in a week and 3 days and I havnt started yet lol, its only worth 9 marks? Our teacher said that the evidence was worth about 10 marks and then there was theory explaining why but u still gotta know that and write in reference to your peice of coursework dont u?
Reply 66
Yeah are set is doing the same thing but our retarded teacher told us to do it using a spreadsheet. did anyone else use a spreadsheet cos it would be useful to get some feed back appart from the people that used Basic ect.
Reply 67
i started off doing this project in pascal like we were told by our teacher, but after having a mare with it decided to use access to sort it out. The only thing i don't get is how do you work out if the paper has been with you for more than 3 weeks. In the spec it says

The solution must be able to produce a hard copy of the following:

a daily list of any re-marks still outstanding, i.e. that have not been completed within a three-week period;

please can anyone help . . .

thanks
Reply 68
Hi mu name rich, hope this can help u all. I need a 2ndary source of info. ny one can help?

The experiment is easy. Basically, you make up a series of concentrations of copper sulphate and mix each one with albumen. If the protein denatures, it goes cloudy. You can measure this using a colorimeter, or by seeing if a cross drwan under the beaker containing the solutions disappears. Obviously, you need to flesh out this method with a lot more detail (quantities, controlling variables,how to use a colorimeter, what concentrations of CuSo4 you are going to use, etc.)Copper ions form strong bonds with carboxylate anions on the amino acids that form part of the peptide bond. They form a new set of ionic bonds hence disrupting the peptide links that join the amino acids together, and give rise to the secondary structure.The positive copper ions also affect the protein's electrical polarity, thus increasing its insolubility and often causing it to precipitate out of solutionsWhen albumen is exposed to copper sulphate, the copper ions disrupt the structure, and, normally a water soluble globular protein, it re-forms as a fibrous protein, precipitating out of solution and becoming opaque.Try not to write this word for word, as I have sent out this explanation to loads of people and if OCR keep getting exactly the same wording they are going to think there is something funny going on!
Reply 69
this project is sooooooooooooooo easy

i jus practically done it on vb 4 mys sista in about 1hr!!

im doin computer programmin at uni so i know my shit

if u want n e help - then send me wat uv done and i'll modify it so it works, add wat youv got missin and send it bac 2 u

y? - iv finishd my uni xams and used 2 h8t vb (so no wat itz like!)... basically i got nuthin better 2 do

gd luk 2 ever1 else
Reply 70
this project is sooooooooooooooo easy

i jus practically done it on vb 4 mys sista in about 1hr!!

im doin computer programmin at uni so i know my shit

if u want n e help - then send me wat uv done and i'll modify it so it works, add wat youv got missin and send it bac 2 u

y? - iv finishd my uni xams and used 2 h8t vb (so no wat itz like!)... basically i got nuthin better 2 do

gd luk 2 ever1 else

oh my e-mail address = [email protected]
Reply 71
We arent stupid you know

....we send you what we have done and you help yourself to it

:P :P :P :P :P
Reply 72
Hi I done my cswk now in access my teacher says it's an A grade piece :smile:, if anyone needs any help then email me and il do my best to answer ur questions, if ur having any trouble with ur work u can send it me and il fix any problems u have with it. peters_pecker_picked_another_pickle_bearing_pussy_pepper@hotmail.com
Reply 73
LOL u bunch of lower class AS computing students. UKAB is the easiest task i have ever had to do, completed it within several hours. paper work took me quite a while, but you would expect 60 pages to take a while wouldn't you?

haha, u lot don't know nething!
Well, to be honest, it is very hard. Ive done projects before, and this is the hardest ive had to do.
But most of it is fairly simple; but the hard things are very hard. Especially when most of the people on here bave problems due to incompetant teaching.
Reply 75
and u dont need 60 pages. i'd say 30 at most.
Reply 76
Originally posted by Unregistered
and u dont need 60 pages. i'd say 30 at most.

You don't need 30, we were told 25 maximum, the only person to do 60 in our school is the local idiot. The project is easy, and doesn't need if statements, you can do it with simple SQL and write maybe only 12 or so queries to actually update all of the grades and remark grades...
Reply 77
WELL WELL,
IF YOU THINK OF THE WHOLE PROJECT IN A GLOBAL SENSE. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO COMPLETE it WITH HIGH FLYING COLOURS LIKE ME.
NOW WHAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY PROJECT:
- WAS IT WHEN I COMPLETED THE V.B CODE
- WAS IT WHEN I GOT THE TABLES TO LINK UP PROPERLY.
NO
- It was when my best computing colleague, who could not speak bearly a word of english came up to me and asked me to be his new sons, godson.
- They had to kick him off the course in the end , he was bludy krap.
seriously he was.
Reply 78
I did 62 pages on Access...i just screenprinted everything.

And YES if we gave our coursework to others it would affect our grades, as the national grade boundaries depend on how well the country does. IE If alot of people pass, they highten the grade boundaries so more people fail.
Reply 79
Originally posted by Unregistered
I did 62 pages on Access...i just screenprinted everything.

And YES if we gave our coursework to others it would affect our grades, as the national grade boundaries depend on how well the country does. IE If alot of people pass, they highten the grade boundaries so more people fail.

yea as if its gonna effect averages

Latest

Trending

Trending