The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend- What does he want?

Ok so I would've been with my now ex boyfriend for year this month except he dumped me in august for another girl. This same girl that we argued about and that he swore he had no feelings. He even talked badly about her to me. They've been friends for years and at first I didn't think anything of it except when we were dating 5 months in and she told him that she still liked him and always would. Then he said he had to 'think' about it but in the end he chose me.:confused:

After that I didn't trust her at all and I made it pretty visible to him but he would always get angry and it seemed like he'd always defend her. We got into a huge fight about it once and he even had her call me up to confirm that she had no feelings for him but it felt so fake.

So when he broke up with me he told me he just wanted to be friends and to work on our relationship and he was going off to college so it was complicated. I felt like he was holding something back from me but he promised he wasn't. That's when he would always ignore me and the last 2 times we hung out as "friends" he was too busy texting her.

Then one day I tried talking to him about it on facebook and he said he wanted to "keep in touch" as friends and asked me what was wrong. I told him but he ignored it and logged off. That same night I called him to apologize the way I've been acting about the whole girl situation but there was no answer. It was about 2 in the morning when I got a text from him saying that he hoped we can still be
friends but he's really in love with her(the girl's name.)

I bawled my eyes out. I was so depressed and I got sent to Florida. Not even 2 weeks later, he drove down to New Jersey with her, went to parties with her, called her his girlfriend, put up pictures of them kissing, and being all lovey dovey on facebook. I was devastated. He was acting like I had no feelings whatsoever about this whole situation.

Since school started maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, he's been calling me every day and texting me. He texted me saying that he misses me and wants to see me and stuff like that. I answered a week ago and yelled at him while he was crying on the phone the whole time. He said that he loves me :s-smilie: I told him to never say that to me again. He's even told me that he dreams about me at night. He also said that he was trying to replace his feeling with the girl with mine but it didn't work and so and so. But I know that if she had never interfered in the first place and got in between our relationship this would have never happened. I mean his last relationship, his ex gf cheated on him and he didn't go out with her then?

Anyways he has texted me 3 times and called twice today. I'm trying to move on but he's making it really difficult for me and I'm still depressed about the whole thing. He doesn't even think he did anything wrong! He's told people (even after my phonecall with him) that I knew what was going on the whole time and that he didn't lie! :mad:

What should I do? Sorry it's long.
what a piece ****

dont go back to him unless you want to kill ur self

i know that it hurts like crazy cuz my mate is going through the same as you

what have you done to be treated like that ...... nothing

find a man who can treat you with level respect you deserve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yo *babeh babeh babeh*... want to date me? you wish!!!! you sound like a sweet person im sure you will find someone soon....i hope i will! im so desperate. (Y)
Totally cut off all contact with him. Deactivate your facebook account if needs be. But going cold-turkey wll help you sort your head out. It's time for some 'me time' I think.
Just ignore him, he's messing around and seeing if he can have his cake and eat it too. Believe me, stay away!
Reply 5
He's a stupid yank ditch him and come get some Big British Beef down ye!
Don't go back to him, if he treated like *** the first time he'll do it again! whatever happened to him and this girl?
Reply 7
Of_the_hook
Don't go back to him, if he treated like *** the first time he'll do it again! whatever happened to him and this girl?

They're still together. :confused:
Reply 8
Anyways we were texting for a little a bit and he said that he's really sorry and that he thinks about it all the time and he wants to talk to me again. He said that he knows he hurt me and that there's nothing that he can do about it but he wants to rebuild a friendship.

I didn't reply and I don't plan to but I told him to own up to what he did and that he isn't sorry and he should try being honest for once.
Reply 9
Agony Aunt
Just ignore him, he's messing around and seeing if he can have his cake and eat it too. Believe me, stay away!

I know that I should but it's so hard. He was my first boyfriend and I had the biggest crush on him before anything even happened. :frown:
Peachykeen09
They're still together. :confused:

He's still with the girl he left you for and wants you back too...:confused: just cut all contact with him if it helps but don't be stupid enough to get together with him again thinking he's changed.
Of_the_hook
He's still with the girl he left you for and wants you back too...:confused: just cut all contact with him if it helps but don't be stupid enough to get together with him again thinking he's changed.

He told me that he wants to be just friends but how can I be friends with someone who doesn't know how to be one? I'm going to really try not to talk to him. Thanks.
Apparently he called a friend of mine around midnight last night and was crying to her about me.
Yeah and since tomorrow is my birthday he texted me asking to hang out later as if we're friends or something.:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending