The Student Room Group

Am I being soft or do people disrespect me?

I dont know if im just being soft or if im really being criticised most of the time. For example i beat an older man (in his 50's) at work 3 times in pool and he was joking saying 'i cant bloody believe it' wait until next time and all that. A week later there was still banter about it he walked in and said 'come on, game of pool' I said 'do you really want to be shown up a forth time, Id just leave it at 3 if i was you' he looked at me and said 'now your just gloating, shut up, you bloody midget'. Im only 4ft11 and am just wondering how offended i should be cause i felt a little annoyed at it. Then i thought well its ok cause hes known me for a few weeks, we have had a bit of a laugh etc. I just dont know with things like this how to take them.

Another time at uni i was sat having lunch with some coursemates (not really friends as such) and i was talking about the lecture which was about stereotyping careers, we are doing childrens nursing and apparantly people stereotyped nurses as being overweight, b***** and moody. Anyway im usually very quiet but i simply said 'so according to our career we are supposed to be overweight..etc etc. Someone from the group said 'yea but your not overweight stacey' then my 42 year old coursemate interupted out of the blue 'yea but you have really crap hair though, and I can say that cause you said I wouldnt suit that style last week'. I did say that but she asked everyone! It just so happens that my hair never looks decent its something i find hard to manage. She was serious cause she ignores me most of the time shes talkative and im very quiet.

I want to believe that im just being soft but am I? Am I just getting annoyed/oversensitive when i shouldn't be? Or are people disrespectful to me cause i dont have good social skills and am quiet?
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
In both examples, you started it.
Reply 3
Juno
In both examples, you started it.

In example one I didnt start the banter he had been going on about it all week and id been laughing. In example 2 I didnt start anything. If it was the other way around I wouldn't have called someone a midget nor called someone for having crap hair.

Latest

Trending

Trending