The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tyraell
This is not true for the foundation programme statistics. They are recent.

Yea they are new, but they are for the people who started there degree 6 years ago! When it was easier back then!
Reply 81
My friends cousinbro, sister's, dog, who got abused by their dad, who likes the Boston Red Socks told me that oxygen is a lie made up by those with a liberal, atheist agenda :proud:

This is a boring argument - it's like arguing with a creationist. dnt quote me plz
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Reply 83
Original post by ryan118244
I really dont wnat to get into this argument, but over the last 10 years ALL the medical schools have had 98% to 100% graduate employment for medicine, i dont think anyone of the medical schools has a higher grad employment than the other, they are all the same.

Sure, but people can't seem to handle the concept that Cambridge is widely regarded as the best medical school in the UK. QS 2010 seems to think so and has done for the last five years.

Every medical school is different, it is up to the candidate to select the school where they think they will maximise their potential... what is the point in going to a Uni based on statistics?
Reply 84
Original post by M1F2R3
Cambridge is widely regarded as the best medical school in the UK.

widely regarded as the best medical school in the UK.

best medical school in the UK.

:rofl:
Reply 85
beska, plz end it.

M1F2R3 log off and go lick a window or something.
Reply 86
Original post by Organ
My friends cousinbro, sister's, dog, who got abused by their dad, who likes the Boston Red Socks told me that oxygen is a lie made up by those with a liberal, atheist agenda :proud:

This is a boring argument - it's like arguing with a creationist. dnt quote me plz

You're just being stubborn :teehee:

Don't get worked up about it, it's a forum where everybody has the right to post.

I have some links for you to look at, hopefully you may understand them.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2008/subject-rankings/life-sciences-bio-medicine

http://www.cuh.org.uk/research/news/2009/march/ahsc_randd.html

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2007/subject-rankings/life-sciences-bio-medicine

Good luck :yy:
Reply 87
Original post by Organ
beska, plz end it.

M1F2R3 log off and go lick a window or something.

LOL, don't get so personal :wink:

It's a forum...
Reply 88

The best medical school is the one that is top of rankings?

Oh boy.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.
Reply 89

lmao, world rankings for life and bioscienes and NHS Cambridge! that post is so full of fail you have got to be trolling.

Fair play though mate, I think you might have caused a few angry explosions.
Reply 90
Original post by Organ
beska, plz end it.

"You can't rationally argue out which wasn't rationally argued in." - George Bernard Shaw
Reply 91
Original post by Beska

widely regarded as the best medical school in the UK.

best medical school in the UK.

:rofl:

Come on Ben, you can do better than that.
Reply 92
Original post by Organ
lmao, world rankings for life and bioscienes and NHS Cambridge! that post is so full of fail you have got to be trolling.

Fair play though mate, I think you might have caused a few angry explosions.

Friend for life.
Reply 93
Original post by Beska
The best medical school is the one that is top of rankings?

Oh boy.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Yeah but he hasn't even got the medicine rankings (which would be bad enough) he has got life sciences and biosciences. His source lists Princeton at #22 which doesn't even have a medical school.
Reply 94
What about that one in Prague? :rolleyes:
Reply 95
Original post by Organ
Yeah but he hasn't even got the medicine rankings (which would be bad enough) he has got life sciences and biosciences. His source lists Princeton at #22 which doesn't even have a medical school.

But man, his brother is training to be a surgeon!

This thread is the most fun I've had all tonsillitis-bed-bound week.

e:
Original post by M1F2R3
Come on Ben, you can do better than that.

Haha, okay Rick. We both have google, bro.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by M1F2R3
Sure, but people can't seem to handle the concept that Cambridge is widely regarded as the best medical school in the UK. QS 2010 seems to think so and has done for the last five years.

Every medical school is different, it is up to the candidate to select the school where they think they will maximise their potential... what is the point in going to a Uni based on statistics?

But there are also three other rankings which says cambridge isnt!

http://whichuniversitybest.blogspot.com/2008/07/top-ten-medical-schools-in-uk-2009.html
(I love this one, clearly dundee is by far the most superior!)

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=8727

http://tables.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/2011/subject_tables.php?selected_table=medi

Also I noticed if you look at the rankings in general i find it amazing that actually half the med schools have higher marks in EVERY area than cambridge (Look at St Andrews, from my point of view it seems to do better so why isnt it ranked higher?), so why arent they ranked higher, most likely because cambridge is one of the oldest and will remain in the top 2 because of its status, NOT because its better!
Original post by nazirard
I heard somewhere that a lot of oxbridge medics end up doing clinical years at other unis because the clinical years suck. This might not be true but I'm sure I heard it somewhere reliable.:hide:

Lots of them come to imperial. I mean, the london Unis are way better that oxbridge for clinical practice. I mean, by virtue of having easy access to so many different hospitals here there are so many more opportunities for diverse clinical attachments.

This thread is essentially a "what medical school do you attend?" thread.
Reply 98
Clearly Bath Medical School - the offers that they dish out are INSANE. Just look at Organ's! A*A*A*A*

The higher the offer, the better the medical school. Quote me bitches.
Reply 99
OP, the best medical school is Cambridge :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending