The Student Room Group

is there such a thing as being TOO pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There's nothing wrong with being pretty. It's when people "know" it and get all big headed that's the problem...
Reply 41
Yeah I only really go for girls I really fancy. I dont really get intimidated by girls unless theres a big age difference and their in a big group and other stuff.

But being good looking doesnt mean your going to get the opposite sex. Ive always been good looking but three or four years ago I was pretty shy, socially awkward, sensitive etc. And as Ive matured Ive gotten more and more successful with the opposite sex. A lot of guys go to a nightclub and they might be good looking but shy or anti social and either think theyre too cool to talk to anyone and dont end up talking to anyone because they dont want to get off their high horse and lose their perceived pimp ego. Whereas maybe other guys dont see themselves as better than everyone, talk to more people, try more etc etc.

To be honest looks is not a big part of my decision making when it comes to finding women attractive. Like yeah its nice and I might get horny/attracted by it. But hotness is to do with personal characteristics like being a challenge, or being confident and assertive and sexual. Also even if theyre hot they might be really annoying or treat me disrespectfully.
Reply 42
what a troll!

on a level tho, like a few people have said to me ' aww a girl like you, how can you not have a bf' but its like..well i have to be single, in order to find a guy like you to be in a relationship with :|
(edited 13 years ago)
Clearly being too pretty is not a problem you're enamoured with OP, hence the lack of pictorial evidence ITT. Attention seeking. You should stop it :hand:
Reply 44
I get the same, except I'm a guy.

Frustrating, I tell you.
Reply 45
this thread reminded me of this advert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EA8MhCBTp4
epic <3
Reply 46
Every girl has been told that. But don't worry, if you are pretty it won't last. Beauty fades very fast.
Gone.
Like tears in rain.

Edit: pics or GTFO
Original post by ilickbatteries
I work with a girl who is so goddamn pretty it's unreal.

I actually can't look at her she is so good looking. She is perfect, actually stunningly perfect in every which way possible <3

This is totally not my business, but you should ask her to hang out after work. I know she'll appreciate hearing what you just wrote to say the least. :smile:
Reply 48
Why the **** are there no pictures in this thread?!
Reply 49
Original post by mexicooo2710
okay, im going to sound obnoxious and a complete TROLL right now but please here me out as Ive honestly been having this problem for the past couple of years and I wanted to know if others had experienced the same or can offer me some advice.

Im an intelligent, confident happy girl who is often told Im funny and I have large groups and close friends and am very very sociable. Aside from this Im constantly told how good looking I am, even today a complete stranger came up to my mum and said that " your daughter is the most amazingly beautiful girl Ive ever seen". Im in no way trying to be arrogant here but I am being sincere please here me out.

However I have never, in no way even come close to be able to get a boyfriend or a relationship. Guys always make comments like "you cant go there shes out of your league" or "Im sure guys will be queueing up to be your boyfriends" even peoples parents saying "I just cannot understand how you don't have a boyfriend"

This is a message to all guys out there who believe that girls shouldn't get approached who are "out of their league" its just so wrong :frown: is there even such a thing?

Nope, even the prettiest girls who are above almost everyone's league can get a bf. I mean all you need is a dude who has enough self confidence. And some guys, i include myself, would flirt with you anyway. Because even if I think you are out of my league its still worth a go, from there all you have to do is flirt back and hey, thats how many relationships start. But again as manyt have said post pics (they dont have to be erotic or anything) because I have a hard time believing you are 'too pretty'
Well your face isnt going to explode, so no.
Reply 51
Nope theres no such thing. The stunning girls I know cant escape guys. There's so many confident guys out there (most who really shouldnt be) you should of had at least a couple people approach you by now. You know someone finds you gorgeous when the first time they see you their eyes open really wide and they seem shocked and then they smile really big, not necessarily by what is said.
Reply 52
i want to kick you in the face with my fist right now
No, there isn't such a thing as too pretty, especially as "pretty" is very arbitary.
Original post by Hester_23
i want to kick you in the face with my fist right now

whoaa
Reply 55
Original post by Peachykeen09
whoaa

I in no way condone violence against women. Just trolls
Clearly you're just TOO good-looking. I mean, how in any way could this have anything to do with your personality, perish the thought! :rolleyes:
I in no way condone violence against women. Just trolls

Oh no not that. It's the way you said it.
"kick you in the face with my fist"

It gave me a cool mental image, y'know?
Reply 58
Original post by Peachykeen09
Oh no not that. It's the way you said it.
"kick you in the face with my fist"

It gave me a cool mental image, y'know?

Ohhhhhhhh well it is a very rare and skillful procedure
Ohhhhhhhh well it is a very rare and skillful procedure

I can only imagineeee:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending