The Student Room Group

Girls and Relationships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HumanNature1992
In due time
terrible reply. Peeps told me that when i was 17 im now 25 and still waiting. U wont find anyone nice at school cos everyones so immature and say ooooh he fancies her!?but at uni u will easily find loads of choice :wink: i say wait for FRESHERS WEEK !!!
I bet the OP gets friendzoned when he gets to uni and meets all the girls there.
[trollpost]
You need neither girlfriends nor this horrible heart disease that their presence may sometimes induce. Universal hatred and self-isolation ARE the answers to your problem.
[trollpost]

On a more serious note: Wait a bit until you get into university.
Original post by oranges01
It's just I see other people with girlfriends, and they seem to have a great time together. Maybe I'm just being romantic but I really want someone who I can really love and care about, and for them to care about me, that's different to friends and family. I want someone who I can go out, have a good time, hold hands, maybe kiss and cuddle. Note that I am not only interested in sex, I'm 17 and although a lot of people do it at this age it's not a pressing concern for me. I just want someone who really likes me and I can get a bit close to :colondollar:

I'm doing well academically, have good mates and family, but I just feel there's something a bit missing, that I think would be filled by a nice girlfriend. She doesn't need to be stunning, just a nice person that we can appreciate each other for what we are and have great times together and a good laugh, with some kissing and cuddling added in :redface:

I'm in my final year at school, and to be honest I don't think it would work with anyone at my school anymore, I used to be a bit of a prick but I've become nicer and more outgoing now, maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just being too much of a romantic, but it's how I feel and I can't really help it. I think I'll just wait for university, just live through school for now, it's not too long now, and just try to have good time with mates :smile:

Anyway, that's what I think. What do you think of that?

My first year at unis almost up and I havent found a girlfriend neither have most people i know
you'll be complaining about girlfriends soon enough
Original post by shinytoy
terrible reply. Peeps told me that when i was 17 im now 25 and still waiting. U wont find anyone nice at school cos everyones so immature and say ooooh he fancies her!?but at uni u will easily find loads of choice :wink: i say wait for FRESHERS WEEK !!!

STFU, just because you cant get any doesnt mean nobody else can. Besides what you said is practically what I said. In due time = at uni which he stated he'll be going to.
Nice guy points - :smile:

Wait for uni - although be careful not to slip into friend zone!
No. I accidentally posted anon above to someone saying the same thing.

that was an inbetweeners joke :smile: wasn't actually being mean.
That's a nice mindset of going into a relationship :smile:
All the Best in Uni, you'll probably be fine with a nice attitude like that :tongue:
get some game
Reply 30
Original post by llamalad200
that was an inbetweeners joke :smile: wasn't actually being mean.

Ah ok, just I don't watch the inbetweeners. It's fineee :smile:
Reply 31
It's refreshing for a 17 year old to say they're not only interested in sex......
can you remind a few of the people in my college that a relationship doesn't purely have to be sex-based?????

but back on point, you do sound like a nice guy, i'm a sure a girl will snap you up in no time...
I think it's just a shame that most guys don't think like you, or that a lot of guys are afraid/embarrassed to admit that they want a proper relationship with someone they can love & vice versa. I myself feel like there is something missing & it would be nice to have a bf that, well, basically dotes on me :smile:.

But maybe because you used to be a bit of a prick that's why girls in your school aren't interested in dating you because of the type of person you used to be.

It's best just to get your A-Levels out of the way, wait till Uni (like I am) so that you can have a clean slate with no 'prick' cloud over your head. I've heard most people get into a relationship with another person whilst they're at Uni, you sound like a genuine, nice guy so I'm sure it'll happen for you then as well.

Here's hoping lol! :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
It's just I see other people with girlfriends, and they seem to have a great time together. Maybe I'm just being romantic but I really want someone who I can really love and care about, and for them to care about me, that's different to friends and family. I want someone who I can go out, have a good time, hold hands, maybe kiss and cuddle. Note that I am not only interested in sex, I'm 17 and although a lot of people do it at this age it's not a pressing concern for me. I just want someone who really likes me and I can get a bit close to :colondollar:

I'm doing well academically, have good mates and family, but I just feel there's something a bit missing, that I think would be filled by a nice girlfriend. She doesn't need to be stunning, just a nice person that we can appreciate each other for what we are and have great times together and a good laugh, with some kissing and cuddling added in :redface:

I'm in my final year at school, and to be honest I don't think it would work with anyone at my school anymore, I used to be a bit of a prick but I've become nicer and more outgoing now, maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just being too much of a romantic, but it's how I feel and I can't really help it. I think I'll just wait for university, just live through school for now, it's not too long now, and just try to have good time with mates :smile:

Anyway, that's what I think. What do you think of that?

You remind me of what I was like at 17.

I hope that, unlike me, you get what you want :smile: Good luck!
Just putting it out there, seeking out a girlfriend is generally not a good plan.

If you like someone then fair enough but actively searching for a girlfriend is not a good plan because it may make you look desperate.

Enjoy everything else you've got going for you. If something happens with a girl then great; if something doesn't then at least you know you're independent enough to be happy in yourself.
Reply 35
Original post by HumanNature1992
STFU, just because you cant get any doesnt mean nobody else can. Besides what you said is practically what I said. In due time = at uni which he stated he'll be going to.

dude, in due time could mean when you're like 40. i have a mate whose 34, still virgin, a guy, and everyone keeps saying 'you will meet the right person when the time is right". im like omgggg the time is ....RIGHT NOWWWW ALREADY!!!:mad:
Reply 36
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I bet the OP gets friendzoned when he gets to uni and meets all the girls there.

dude once again your wiseness and knowledge of life is spot on.....:smile:

as long as the OP has CONFIDENCE and if he likes a girl, asks her out instead of blushing and dreaming about her, he will be fine. and OP DO NOT ask if you can kiss her, or say 'omg i'd lovvve to hold hands and cuddle with you". be a man, snog her and tell her YOU WANTTT HER!!!!:eek:
Reply 37
You'll find love the moment you stop looking for it.
Original post by Peppertea
You'll find love the moment you stop looking for it.

LOL as if

I tried this argument at the job centre once and they wanted to stop my dole for being a smartass.

There's loads of people who have given up on ever finding a life partner and spend their lives hiding away playing world of warcraft or whatever, I very much doubt cupids bow strikes them.
Reply 39
Original post by LadyRowena
Just putting it out there, seeking out a girlfriend is generally not a good plan.

If you like someone then fair enough but actively searching for a girlfriend is not a good plan because it may make you look desperate.

Enjoy everything else you've got going for you. If something happens with a girl then great; if something doesn't then at least you know you're independent enough to be happy in yourself.

That's a fair point actually, I'll try not to actively seek girlfriends, just maybe be a bit more confident around people in general, and a lot less shy around girls :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending