Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wish id taken french at GCSE!
    wish i hadn't done business studies at AS level.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I did german GCSE/Alevel

ReputationRep:
    I partially regret not carrying on Biology in my ultimate year of school, it would be so much more useful and entertaining than History of Art!

ReputationRep:
    A degree in Astrophysics without a doubt. I am fascinated by everything to do with the universe. If only i was smart enough though.

Having said that, i love my current course at uni: Diagnostic Radiography.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with my degree subject, just would have been nice to take A level history over 2 years instead of one and probably change most of my subjects at sixth form for arts/humanities ones...

ReputationRep:
    Some very diverse replies here. I have a few questions. For those of you currently studying for a degree that say you wished you studied something different, how do you feel knowing that you have to complete the rest of your degree in something you are not 100% committed to or do not feel completely passionate about? And will you follow your degree up with a career in your chosen field, or upon reflection will you turn to study something else or pursue an entirely different career?

ReputationRep:
    Economics.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    History.

ReputationRep:
    History hands down and Latin.

ReputationRep:
    French over bloody chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I hadn't had to drop geography for A2 =/ I really liked it

ReputationRep:
    I wish I did Economics A-Level instead of History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I wish I could have picked A level History, but it clashed on my college's timetable with English Lit. Ultimately, it was the latter I wanted to do at university so Lit won.
    wow harsh, I imagine history and English lit is quite a common combination that people want to do. Was there seriously only one class for each in your college though?? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Biology A level :erm: didn't really give it a thought, as I was planning on doing economics originally, then I ended up going for science, and now wish I'd done bio, as I used to love it, and it would have given me more options now. Oh well! I'm happy with what I'm doing anyway

ReputationRep:
    An engineering degree sounds fun, but I'm happy however whatever~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    Wish I had never picked Biology and Chemistry at A Level and had picked History and Drama instead. Damn my dentist dream :shakefist:
    Dentists are more of a nightmare to me...

Physics was my wasted subject, would have wanted to study French instead. Merde!
    :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to do Art for As but i got lied to! I was told i would need physics . . . LIES!!!:mad2: Got told that by a physics teacher to boot! Heh could be worse, I did manage to set fire to one of his desks, WOO FOR UNINTENTIONAL REVENGE!

(Original post by Future Doc)
    True, but I still wish I was doing Maths over Biomedical Science.
    So why waste the next two years doing something you hate? You may graduate a year later, but if I were you, I'd drop out and reapply for Maths.

Are you doing any justice to yourself studying Biomed if it isn't what you really want to do?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by im so academic)
    So why waste the next two years doing something you hate? You may graduate a year later, but if I were you, I'd drop out and reapply for Maths.

Are you doing any justice to yourself studying Biomed if it isn't what you really want to do?
    Maybe because of the fees that are increasing next year?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I would've studies Spanish or Danish instead of French in my first year in upper secondary school :sigh:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.