The Student Room Group

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't

Scroll to see replies

wish id taken french at GCSE! :smile:
wish i hadn't done business studies at AS level.
Wish I did german GCSE/Alevel
Reply 22
I partially regret not carrying on Biology in my ultimate year of school, it would be so much more useful and entertaining than History of Art!
Reply 23
A degree in Astrophysics without a doubt. :smile: I am fascinated by everything to do with the universe. If only i was smart enough though. :frown:

Having said that, i love my current course at uni: Diagnostic Radiography.
I'm happy with my degree subject, just would have been nice to take A level history over 2 years instead of one and probably change most of my subjects at sixth form for arts/humanities ones...
Some very diverse replies here. I have a few questions. For those of you currently studying for a degree that say you wished you studied something different, how do you feel knowing that you have to complete the rest of your degree in something you are not 100% committed to or do not feel completely passionate about? And will you follow your degree up with a career in your chosen field, or upon reflection will you turn to study something else or pursue an entirely different career?
Economics. :frown:
History.
Reply 28
History hands down and Latin.
French over bloody chemistry.
Wish I hadn't had to drop geography for A2 =/ I really liked it
Reply 31
I wish I did Economics A-Level instead of History
Reply 32
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I wish I could have picked A level History, but it clashed on my college's timetable with English Lit. Ultimately, it was the latter I wanted to do at university so Lit won.

wow harsh, I imagine history and English lit is quite a common combination that people want to do. Was there seriously only one class for each in your college though?? :lolwut:
Biology A level :erm: didn't really give it a thought, as I was planning on doing economics originally, then I ended up going for science, and now wish I'd done bio, as I used to love it, and it would have given me more options now. Oh well! I'm happy with what I'm doing anyway :smile:
An engineering degree sounds fun, but I'm happy however whatever~
Original post by yesioo
Wish I had never picked Biology and Chemistry at A Level and had picked History and Drama instead. Damn my dentist dream :shakefist:

Dentists are more of a nightmare to me...

Physics was my wasted subject, would have wanted to study French instead. Merde!
:ahhhhh:
Reply 36
Wanted to do Art for As but i got lied to! I was told i would need physics . . . LIES!!!:mad2: Got told that by a physics teacher to boot! Heh could be worse, I did manage to set fire to one of his desks, WOO FOR UNINTENTIONAL REVENGE!
Original post by Future Doc
True, but I still wish I was doing Maths over Biomedical Science.

So why waste the next two years doing something you hate? You may graduate a year later, but if I were you, I'd drop out and reapply for Maths.

Are you doing any justice to yourself studying Biomed if it isn't what you really want to do?
Original post by im so academic
So why waste the next two years doing something you hate? You may graduate a year later, but if I were you, I'd drop out and reapply for Maths.

Are you doing any justice to yourself studying Biomed if it isn't what you really want to do?

Maybe because of the fees that are increasing next year?
I wish I would've studies Spanish or Danish instead of French in my first year in upper secondary school :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending