Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    guys for the lactose i put it moves in intestine and lowers water poten so water flows from cells to intestine lol
    that's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    that's right.
    oh right thanks, i thought it goes to cell first or sumfin like that lol
    and the last Q, trust me dont worry bout it, u will get at least half

isit me or i still think overall i did well but i begin to realise few mistakes after the exams, happens every time lol

ReputationRep:
    oh right thanks, i thought it goes to cell first or sumfin like that lol
    and the last Q, trust me dont worry bout it, u will get at least half

isit me or i still think overall i did well but i begin to realise few mistakes after the exams, happens every time lol
    Thanks!
    I think i got half on that, then like all the calculations wrong, + 5 from all the paper + perhaps losing 1 for not saying that the vaccination will attack the nerve cells :| (did you put that !!!!!!!! ?)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    I think i got half on that, then like all the calculations wrong, + 5 from all the paper + perhaps losing 1 for not saying that the vaccination will attack the nerve cells :| (did you put that !!!!!!!! ?)
    i basically lost marks on calculations and small minor marks here and there, overall it hink i got around 42 or so lol

was hoping for 50 but didnt expect those calculations, jus culdnt do it

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, cant believe I'm still here. Must.....continue.......unit2 revision........

Time to unsubscribe :¬D

/Cya

Ps. Effkay: Go Sleep man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Sigh, cant believe I'm still here. Must.....continue.......unit2 revision........

Time to unsubscribe :¬D

/Cya

Ps. Effkay: Go Sleep man
    lmaoo :L Swiftyyyyyyyyy , i can't :L
    I probably will in 10minutes.
    NOOO DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE :L

ReputationRep:
    i basically lost marks on calculations and small minor marks here and there, overall it hink i got around 42 or so lol

was hoping for 50 but didnt expect those calculations, jus culdnt do it
    I'm hoping it will be less than 45 for an A as june 2010 didnt have any calculations and questions were rather clear cut.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping it will be less than 45 for an A as june 2010 didnt have any calculations and questions were rather clear cut.
    few tricky Q on that paper we did much more than june 2010.

im quite sure A will be around 40 marks

ReputationRep:

For the first 'conclusion' i wrote correlation not causation, other factors, only 24countries, cant generalise it, positive correlation though. 3?

Then for second one i wrote just about memory cells and how it can fight it off, so i think 2? \:

ReputationRep:
    For the first 'conclusion' i wrote correlation not causation, other factors, only 24countries, cant generalise it, positive correlation though. 3?

Then for second one i wrote just about memory cells and how it can fight it off, so i think 2? \:
    memory cells fight off what~?

ReputationRep:

I hope so! but in the past, every year grade boundaries have been a few marks higher in june then in january. In jan 11, A was at 41. I think ill get no more then 44-45 in this paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWave93)
    I hope so! but in the past, every year grade boundaries have been a few marks higher in june then in january. In jan 11, A was at 41. I think ill get no more then 44-45 in this paper
    the paper looked really easy at start but as i said i think i got around 42 or so lol

ReputationRep:
    lets not think bout it anymore and focus on bio 2 guys

lets stop there but i think overall it went well

ReputationRep:
    memory cells fight off what~?
    When when you vaccinate someone, memory cells develop, so when chylmida pathogen invades, it will release antibodies quicker to prevent the pathogen causing harm.

ReputationRep:
    People, we can't change the past now, what is done cannot be changed. What we can change is our performance in unit 2. I think that to this thread, I actually did a little better thanks to all the questions and answers people were giving + the list of all topics to revise really helped too, hope there's a lot of that happening in the unit 2 threat as well.

ReputationRep:
    i think i got low A but we shall see

ReputationRep:
    any extra time being spent here is time wasted.

Funny im saying this though because technically im wasting my time now as well. Anyway, maybe I shall chat to some of you on the unit 2 forums soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    any extra time being spent here is time wasted.

Funny im saying this though because technically im wasting my time now as well. Anyway, maybe I shall chat to some of you on the unit 2 forums soon
    Amen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    I know, BUT medicine is something im REALLY into. I have loads of work experience and I know that its never enough. My GCSE's are crap but im hoping some nice medical schools will still consider me (10A's 2B's and 1c). Plus I had a really bad year during year 11, including being diagnosed with a condition, my grandmother passing away of breast cancer, my dad being arrested and being taken into care dut to an abusive home. Im hoping that the med schools will take this into account. I have prrof of all the above including death certificate, medical letters, letter from doc, letter from poilice and social worker and so on. Im not giving up on med yet!
    your GCSE's are fine !! well done on getting those grades given the circumstances, all the best !!!

ReputationRep:
    guys for the lactose i put it moves in intestine and lowers water poten so water flows from cells to intestine lol

you have to mention via osmosis, this bit is crucial

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.