The Student Room Group

16 Year old summer jobs !?!?

Im turning 16 in the summer and I just want a job, even if it is bad for a summer job just for a bit of money and experience in the workplace, anyone know where I can work? I live in Claygate, Surrey by the way and I am willing to travel a small bit for the job.
Thanks
James
Reply 1
You could try asking around in any local shops you have? Other than that you can apply for jobs at supermarkets and other better known shops, but from experience they tend to take on older people for longer contracts.
You live like right next door to Chessington World of Adventures theme park...
Have you got any idea of what you want to do in the future? If so, especially for medicine, vet med, dentistry etc its always really good to get work experience related to those areas of study. That goes for any occupation really.

I found it really hard to find something, but in the end (after a stroke of luck) managed to get myself a permanent job as a cleaner at a primary school, 1 hr a night after school.

Happy job hunting!
Reply 4
Try all local shops such as supermarkets, clothes shops, resturants (you could easily get a job on pot wash, not a very enjoyable job but as you said you just want money) or any other shop e.g. toy r us, currys, dixons. Hand out as many CVs as you can on a regular basis and i'm sure you'll get something.

If not try and get some work labouring or something along them lines. You'll be working outside and probably get better money. Eventhough you have to be 18 to be a labourer i'm sure if you know somebody in a trade they will give you a bit of work in the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending