The Student Room Group

And here I thought university would bring me happiness.

So I was wrong.

I got my first girlfriend and my first friendship group in first year, or so it would seem. I'm now at the end of my second and none of us really talk to each other anymore.

If this is life then it truly sucks! No friends, hardly any family... Just TV, movies and living in a dream world!

I suppose it's downhill now isn't it? Does working life provide any other opportunities to make great, supportive friends? It feels like I've been continuously unlucky... How can I turn my luck around?
Hey, I sort of know how you feel.

I had a close group of friends and a boyfriend in the year below in sixth form. He dumped me 2 weeks into uni, and I've found it hard to make many friends. I'm good friends with my flatmate who is in some of my lectures, but I'm a bit lonely, and would like more friends and another relationship at some point.

I'm sure for both of us there will be more opportunities. We just have to keep trying I guess.
Reply 2
if you don't like how your life is now - change it.
Original post by Anonymous
So I was wrong.

I got my first girlfriend and my first friendship group in first year, or so it would seem. I'm now at the end of my second and none of us really talk to each other anymore.

If this is life then it truly sucks! No friends, hardly any family... Just TV, movies and living in a dream world!

I suppose it's downhill now isn't it? Does working life provide any other opportunities to make great, supportive friends? It feels like I've been continuously unlucky... How can I turn my luck around?

i don't really know who said this, but i think its true that happiness is a state of mind not something you can achieve by having certain things... idk if that helps :s-smilie:
Every single person who posted a "Meanwhile" picture has been warned or alerted (only if it's a first offense).
Don't do it again, else I will up the warnings.
No, university brings you a degree, not happiness. No one ever said anything about that.
Reply 6
That's why you need an active social life. Then you have potential new girlfriends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending