The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As mentioned above, it's all to do with body fat %age, not weight. Sub 10% and you'll have visible abs, roughly 15% is where you look neither fat nor thin. For a 6 ft male, I'd say that's roughly 12 stone ( I'm 6 ft 2, and when I weighed 12.5 stone I had a BF of 12.5%)

Oh and @ Oliver - you do not have 13 stone of muscle if you weigh 17 stone... your skeleton will weigh roughly 6.8 stone, and you've got 3.06 stone of fat, so even if the rest of your body is muscle (which it's not), you can't have more than 7 stone of muscle.
You can't be fat at 11 stone at 6''
Reply 22
To be honest, it depends on several different factors, as previously mentioned, you can be 17stone and not fat, whereas you could be 14 stone, and look slightly podgy, it all depends on the composition of the weight.
my OH is just under 14 stone @ 5ft11.5-6ft and he doesnt look fat
Reply 24
Assuming they are untrained and have little muscle mass, 12 1/2 stone.
Original post by oliverwrj
I have 13 stone of muscle and weigh 17 stone. Am 18% bf and want to get down to 15% which will equate to approx 16 stone by the time i am done.

Forget BMI it is USELESS. Body fat percentage including internal visceral fat is where it's at. Get it measured either with calliper or with an electric charge. 8% -19% is fine for a male ( i know less is achievable but lets be realistic). 15 - 25% for a female. Aim to be at 12-15% and you're golden.

why would you bump a near 5 month old thread?
Reply 26
Im 6ft 1 and im 16 stone. I have a very athletic build with naturally big legs and a big bum so not a big tubbster. The question how heavy should a person be at a certain height is like asking how long is a piece of string. The issue with this question is that it doesnt take in to account natural attributes such as build or size of legs, bum, arms etc. Look in the mirror if you feel happy then head up. If you feel you look fat, reduce your food intake or increase your cardio.
Reply 27
lol was gunna reply but this is yearssss old.
I'm 6'1 and 16 1/2 stone I don't look fight nor do I look super muscly by the I am quite broad it depends on a wide variety of things if there's a bloke who's 6ft and as broad as a 12 year old boy he's gonna look fatter at a higher weight we're as someone who is 6ft and as broad as a set of drawers..... u see where I'm going with this, just work at it exercising and u will get to how u want, if ur planning on losing weight without exercise then your never gonna look healthy because ur just gonna be eating very little
Reply 29
you should do cardio every week and every other day for atleast a month or two and any fat you're not happy with will just burn off, considering you've got a good diet and routine too.
Original post by mikestraws
why would you bump a near 5 month old thread?

Bump 🙈
If yer 6ft and 17stone you wont have a good routine or diet tho will you?
I'm 5.11 and 17stone I have a muscular build I train every day bar Saturday/Sunday eat chicken and veg or fish and veg plus porrage first thing I do weight training and cardio intermittently which includes running bike and rowing yet my weight hovers around 17 stones and has done for the last 12 months I don't drink / smoke but get strong sugar craving s so I have cake after my tea time meal at 6/7 then only water I suffer from a bloated belly after eating and my IBM tells ime im suffering from obesity I'm very active and feel fit as a fiddle. How can I improve its so hard as I'm doing all I can.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Eddieg123
I'm 5.11 and 17stone I have a muscular build I train every day bar Saturday/Sunday eat chicken and veg or fish and veg plus porrage first thing I do weight training and cardio intermittently which includes running bike and rowing yet my weight hovers around 17 stones and has done for the last 12 months I don't drink / smoke but get strong sugar craving s so I have cake after my tea time meal at 6/7 then only water I suffer from a bloated belly after eating and my IBM tells ime im suffering from obesity I'm 63 years old but very active and feel fit as a fiddle. How can I improve its so hard as I'm doing all I can.

Focusing on gut health can help prevent bloating after eating! You can do this by eating more fermented foods like kimchi (great with noodles or rice) and yoghurt, eating a wide range of fruit and veg (20+ different each week is recommended), chewing food more thoroughly, adding spices like garlic, turmeric and ginger to food. Please don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like you live a very healthy lifestyle. BMI is not indicative of health, if you're muscly then you are very likely not obese, just heavier due to muscle mass. This is not a bad thing!

Latest