The Student Room Group

Why are some guys virgins until into their early 20's if they are attractive?

Scroll to see replies

why don't you help them out?:perv:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by EcclesRose

Because they have the social skills of a teaspoon?

No, because my friend (the first guy I mentioned) is funny and has a great personality, better than a lot of guys I've dated, but I could never date him because he is my friend. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship. Also, he holds a decent conversation and speaks to random people when we're out. Around me, he doesn't seem to lack confidence at all, but I'm not with him 24/7, so I wouldn't know because I only see him once a month usually.
Reply 22
He has respect for himself, religious, saving it for marriage, all girls he has met are fugly, he lies etc.
Reply 23
Not all men including myself want to get with some bimbo and lose it , we want to wait for the right lady, i've had 4-5 girlfriends and i wanted to really get to know them before sexing them, 2 of them were practically gagging for it but i declined, my penis did have a go at me tho :L
Original post by Kaitlyn89
No, because my friend (the first guy I mentioned) is funny and has a great personality, better than a lot of guys I've dated, but I could never date him because he is my friend. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship. Also, he holds a decent conversation and speaks to random people when we're out. Around me, he doesn't seem to lack confidence at all, but I'm not with him 24/7, so I wouldn't know because I only see him once a month usually.

Then I can think of only one outcome

Hes gay
I know a couple of guys who are good looking, fit and have good bodies, but they are still virgins in their early 20's. Why is this? You would think they would have lost their virginity a good few years ago, but they are still virgins. I know that one of these guys used to be overweight with bad skin when he was 16/17 years old, but now he is gorgeous and a virgin, I couldn't believe it when he told me. The other guy I don't know him that well, I only know him through a friend of a friend, so he isn't exactly a friend of mine, but he is a virgin. He is also good looking, I just don't understand it because neither of them are religious, so nothing would be holding them back. The first guy (the one who is a friend) is always getting attention from girls, especially when he takes his top off on the beach or walking in public/through town.

Because they have the social skills of a teaspoon?

Original post by zjs
Lack of confidence is the biggest factor.

Original post by MilkyC
They got no game.

Basically this. Having sex doesn't just accidentally happen, he has to put some kind of effort in to achieve it and if he lacks confidence and doesn't know how to manipulate girls very well then it just won't happen. For a girl the only factor is basically looking good, so they often can't immediately understand how a good looking guy wouldn't be getting laid constantly, since they of course have no understanding of what attracts them to a certain man and assume that being good looking is the main factor as it is with girls.
Reply 26
Original post by Jakelee

Original post by Jakelee
Lack of self-confidence carrying over from their teens, maybe?

EDIT: ^Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think this could be the reason, although I'm not sure. The thing is, I haven't asked him why he is still a virgin because it's not my business to be nosy about his sex life. I know that he wasn't confident through from his teens until he was 21, but now he's nearly 23 and like I said, to me he doesn't seem to lack confidence, but maybe that's because he's comfortable around me. I don't think he's gay, because he looks at women a lot and says stuff "like she's hot" etc. If he was gay, he would've came out by now. but like I said, when we're out shopping/hanging out, I'll see him checking out girls from the corner of my eye or sometimes he'll make a comment about a certain girl. We mess about, for example we'll point out (not literally) attractive people we find sexy and then quietly say to each other "she's hot" or "he's hot" (I'll say the latter, obviously).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Religious reasons
Waiting for someone special
Small penis
Are not virgins - they are lying
Have never slept with a girl - but has slept with many guys (he is gay)

The options are endless - if you want to know why he is still a virgin you will have to ask him.
Society nowadays...smh...
so because two guys have chosen to remain virgins for whatever reason-
they have to be branded 'weird','unconfident' 'socially-akward', 'gay'?!?!
if anything there more confident on the whole because they arent giving in to peer pressure.
if anything the are more 'normal' because they dont see sex as their number one aim in life

i doubt they will remain virgins for the rest of their lives, so it hardly matters how late they lose their virginity. If ANYTHING you should respect that! xxx
Reply 29

I think this could be the reason, although I'm not sure. The thing is, I haven't asked him why he is still a virgin because it's not my business to be nosy about his sex life. I know that he wasn't confident through from his teens until he was 21, but now he's nearly 23 and like I said, to me he doesn't seem to lack confidence, but maybe that's because he's comfortable around me. I don't think he's gay, because he looks at women a lot and says stuff "like she's hot" etc. If he was gay, he would've came out by now. but like I said, when we're out shopping/hanging out, I'll see him checking out girls from the corner of my eye or sometimes he'll make a comment about a certain girl. We mess about, for example we'll point out (not literally) attractive people we find sexy and then quietly say to each other "she's hot" or "he's hot" (I'll say the latter, obviously).

Hey Kaitlyn
Reply 30
Original post by MilkyC

Original post by MilkyC
Hey Kaitlyn

No need to be rude about it

None of that gets you laid, though. If he can't act sleazy and close the deal then he's ****ed. Or not, I should say.
Reply 32
Because it's their choice whether they want to or not?
Reply 33
I know a couple of guys who are good looking, fit and have good bodies, but they are still virgins in their early 20's. Why is this? You would think they would have lost their virginity a good few years ago, but they are still virgins. I know that one of these guys used to be overweight with bad skin when he was 16/17 years old, but now he is gorgeous and a virgin, I couldn't believe it when he told me. The other guy I don't know him that well, I only know him through a friend of a friend, so he isn't exactly a friend of mine, but he is a virgin. He is also good looking, I just don't understand it because neither of them are religious, so nothing would be holding them back. The first guy (the one who is a friend) is always getting attention from girls, especially when he takes his top off on the beach or walking in public/through town.

Maybe they don't want to cheapen themselves? Also, it's miles harder for a man to convince a woman to sleep with him. Even if the first one is always surrounded by girls that doesn't mean he knows what to do with them.
Reply 34
Original post by cttp_ngaf

None of that gets you laid, though. If he can't act sleazy and close the deal then he's ****ed. Or not, I should say.

So you suggest that he/they lower themselves to sleep with these random, drunk women. Because no women of any class would want to sleep with a guy straight off the bat. Because c'mon, we all know that 99% of the time, a girl will not have a one night stand with a guy unless he is good looking, but even then, most girls have to be wasted to sleep with the guy.
Original post by El Secreto
So you suggest that he/they lower themselves to sleep with these random, drunk women. Because no women of any class would want to sleep with a guy straight off the bat. Because c'mon, we all know that 99% of the time, a girl will not have a one night stand with a guy unless he is good looking, but even then, the girl has to be wasted to sleep with the guy.

As you asking me a question?
Reply 36

As you asking me a question?

not really, just telling you
Reply 37
...because they have never had sex?
Reply 38
Asexual? Lack of desire to have sex, maybe.
Reply 39
I'm a virgin because of the following: No social skills and its not really high up on my priorities, never has been.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending