The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dogra

well when we are not going to agree on this have previously stated the case, attacking innocent people and calling for them to be expelled from Punjab, is there, u can deny it of course:

http://www.sikhtimes.com/bios_060604a.html

what u think people of Hindu faith will dislike someone if they said nothing, hey, what crap, if someone said all people of a certain faith should get out of Punjab, u think people will love that person DEARME!!

Dogra you dont seem to get the point. Sant Ji is recognised by heavy majority of Sikh population as the greatest Sikh of 20th Century. That, couplted with the fact you have no direct evidence, that any killings of hindus was to do with Sant Ji means your claims are unjustified. You have been heavily influenced by Congress led propaganda. I have greatest respect for hindus who praise Sant Ji, that is a true fellow friend of the Sikhs. Dogra, listen carefully, the..more..you..carry..on..hating..on..sant ji...the..less.chance..of...sikh-hindu...relations..being...calmed.
Original post by J DOT A
P.S 63% of Sikhs wouldn't call for a "Khalistan" as im sure 90% are sane minded individuals that know that Khalistan would end up a failed state, exactly like Pakistan.
Hell where would your economy come from? Farmingand agricultre? nah mate you need India a hell of alot more than India needs a Khalistan.

Silly man, do you know about Khalsa Raaj and how it kicked ass. We have Waheguru Sahib Ji on our side, that is the most powerful force that we need. I challenged you, would you accept a vote in Panjab on Sikh independance. Who said we would kick you out of Panjab? Are you jealous that Sikhs could have some rights for once? Maybe you should study the history of Panjab over the last 70 years, all stats point to it's disappoting progress. Panjab is in crisis and turmoil, majorly caused by stupid Congress government.
Original post by honestly
w
you got me on the guru nanak point, but he obviously found hinduism to be important in order to chose to be born into such as family

what the hell does that mean? How can someone choose what family they are born into? Being Hindu in name and Hindu in practise are two different things. Prophets are above silly little things like ethnic origin and religion.
Original post by okapobcfc08
what the hell does that mean? How can someone choose what family they are born into? Being Hindu in name and Hindu in practise are two different things. Prophets are above silly little things like ethnic origin and religion.

well the postee who i was responding to, stated that guru nanak was Nirankar which means god, and well if guru nanak was god then he had a choice of who and where he would be born........

honestly
Reply 384
Original post by okapobcfc08
Dogra you dont seem to get the point. Sant Ji is recognised by heavy majority of Sikh population as the greatest Sikh of 20th Century. That, couplted with the fact you have no direct evidence, that any killings of hindus was to do with Sant Ji means your claims are unjustified. You have been heavily influenced by Congress led propaganda. I have greatest respect for hindus who praise Sant Ji, that is a true fellow friend of the Sikhs. Dogra, listen carefully, the..more..you..carry..on..hating..on..sant ji...the..less.chance..of...sikh-hindu...relations..being...calmed.

I get the point he is regarded by majority as greatest Sikh in 20th century, and that is none of my business, responding to your claim why is that majority of Hindu faith in Punjab have the view they have of him, yes no direct evidence, but his references to Hindus as you no doubt are aware of are derogatory and inflaming, if he did not say those things about Hindu fiath in Punjab then why would we hold such views why?? when we have great regard for the ten masters, just think of those individuals who say derogatory statements about Sikh people, how would you view such people....

Next dont hate Bhindrwale, just dont have any regards for him, due to his derogatory and inflammatory remarks and telling Hindu faith to leave Punjab.....
wahe guru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ki fatehhh :biggrin:
oooh joined this late, waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
Hey guys,
just wanted to know how you all feel about something I'm planning on doing..

I've noticed that muslims gain a lot of their knowledge of islam from youtube videos, with scholars such as zakir naik playing a major role.
But there isnt anything like that for sikhs.
So i thought i would plug this gap by starting up a new youtube channel which is basically katha/gurmat vichar but its in english. I think a lot of sikh youth feel alienated from their religion because they can't speak punjabi.

feel free to comment on this idea, any additional suggenstions or tips would be appreciated :smile:
and well if guru nanak was god then he had a choice of who and where he would be born........

he wasn't. end of story. Sikhs have never claimed him to be god. ever.

Guru Gobind Singh even says, "whosoever calls me god shall surely burn in hell, I am but a slave"

and in Guru Granth Sahib, God is copiously praised and it is made obvious that the guru and god are two different things.
Original post by SaintSoldier
he wasn't. end of story. Sikhs have never claimed him to be god. ever.

Guru Gobind Singh even says, "whosoever calls me god shall surely burn in hell, I am but a slave"

and in Guru Granth Sahib, God is copiously praised and it is made obvious that the guru and god are two different things.

ino he isnt.... but the person to whom i was responding to said he was Nirankar which means god.....

but yhe i know he was not god, to think he was would be an absolute joke....

honestly
Reply 390
I know he isnt.... but the person to whom i was responding to said he was Nirankar which means god.....

But yhe i know he was not God, to think he was would be an absolute joke....

honestly

The Guru Sahibs had the attributes of God. Some do believe Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Nirankar. They are not a cult but some say Mohammed Sahib was God, Some say Krishna was God and some say Jesus Sahib is God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Tuhi Nirankar -

http://www.sikhvideos.org/dhan-guru-nanak-tuhi-nirankar.html.
Original post by SMEGGGY
some say Mohammed Sahib was God, Some say Krishna was God and some say Jesus Sahib is God.

I'm obliged to respect your opinion but that is pure Hinduism.

A Sikh does not believe that God has got Avatar (ie human forms) like the Hindus do.

The first words of Guru Granth Sahib are 'Ik Onkar' (one god) which suffices as an explanation.
Reply 392
Original post by SaintSoldier
I'm obliged to respect your opinion but that is pure Hinduism.

A Sikh does not believe that God has got Avatar (ie human forms) like the Hindus do.

The first words of Guru Granth Sahib are 'Ik Onkar' (one God) which suffices as an explanation.

I know that. Have you read Bhat Ki Bani within the SGGS? It's to be respected but it's very complex to fathom.
Original post by SMEGGGY
I know that. Have you read Bhat Ki Bani within the SGGS? It's to be respected but it's very complex to fathom.

Yes I have and i admit, if you take an ultra-literal approach, then yes it is difficult to fathom.

(is this in Dasam Granth of GGS? :confused: I cant quite remember)

anyways, this is a lecture from an Akali Nihung and gets to the point about this Bani: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPofHKnXPYE
Original post by SMEGGGY
The Guru Sahibs had the attributes of God. Some do believe Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Nirankar. They are not a cult but some say Mohammed Sahib was God, Some say Krishna was God and some say Jesus Sahib is God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Tuhi Nirankar -

http://www.sikhvideos.org/dhan-guru-nanak-tuhi-nirankar.html.

no worries ,,,, i know many sikhs who call him god, but we all know thats not true, niether was jesus or mohammed.... with krishna, well hinduism always ceases to amaze me.... so im not too sure....

yeh there is a sect known as the Nirankaris, they believe he was a god....................... i let people believe what they want to

honestly
SSA folks.
What do you guys think of the Sikh Unit and other Sikh rap groups in the UK?
ahh this thread is dying =(
and i forgot to come here last week, so belated happy gurpurab!
Wassssuuupppp sikhhsssssss!!!!1111 tkkkk 4lyffffffff :turban:

Latest

Trending

Trending