The Student Room Group

nursing or ot (occupational therapy)?????

hey all plsss help, thinkin about changin my career lol! :redface:

am in yr 13 at the mo (last year at 6th form) doin ict alevel, psychology as and health and socaio care avce!

did want to do education but have reli gone off tht now! :redface: and want to do either nursing or ot (occupational therapy), i have done work experience in both of these and liked them both, but im not sure which to choose???

does anyone know how i can decide lol or which do you think is best to go into nursing or occupational therapy (ot)?????

thank you for any help xx
Reply 1
Hannahk16
hey all plsss help, thinkin about changin my career lol! :redface:

am in yr 13 at the mo (last year at 6th form) doin ict alevel, psychology as and health and socaio care avce!

did want to do education but have reli gone off tht now! :redface: and want to do either nursing or ot (occupational therapy), i have done work experience in both of these and liked them both, but im not sure which to choose???

does anyone know how i can decide lol or which do you think is best to go into nursing or occupational therapy (ot)?????

thank you for any help xx

well bascially you need to think about all the things that each of the occupations does and then decide wether you would be happy doing each of those things technically for the rest of your life...................the role of a nurse and occupational therapist and completely different. If you still can't decide then perhaos you should do some more work experience? Perhaps take a year out and work as an OT assistant so you get the idea of what its like to be an OT full time?
Reply 2
JackieS
well bascially you need to think about all the things that each of the occupations does and then decide wether you would be happy doing each of those things technically for the rest of your life...................the role of a nurse and occupational therapist and completely different. If you still can't decide then perhaos you should do some more work experience? Perhaps take a year out and work as an OT assistant so you get the idea of what its like to be an OT full time?

hmm yea thanx, think i mite take a gap year and do work xperience as a nurse and ot to see which i like the most.
i have alreadi applied this year to start in 2006, can i apply next september tho for startin in 2007 or can u onli apply once?? XD
Reply 3
Hannahk16
hmm yea thanx, think i mite take a gap year and do work xperience as a nurse and ot to see which i like the most.
i have alreadi applied this year to start in 2006, can i apply next september tho for startin in 2007 or can u onli apply once?? XD

you can pull out and reapply - or you might be able to get the uni's to defer your place :smile:

Latest