The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Ate some toast for Breakfast and had a bowl of Vegetable soup for Dinner at work, and then come home to find that my Mum's made a pie for tea... :nooo:

She'd also made about 25 cupcakes in four different flavours (Sticky Toffee, Lemon Meringue, White chocolate with Raspberry, and Chocolate Caramel)... and then asked me to be the taste tester.

Impossible to try and get in shape when your Mum's a cake maker AND a baker... Unless the shape you're aiming for is spherical :laugh:
Reply 1181
Original post by Liam_G
Ate some toast for Breakfast and had a bowl of Vegetable soup for Dinner at work, and then come home to find that my Mum's made a pie for tea... :nooo:

She'd also made about 25 cupcakes in four different flavours (Sticky Toffee, Lemon Meringue, White chocolate with Raspberry, and Chocolate Caramel)... and then asked me to be the taste tester.

Impossible to try and get in shape when your Mum's a cake maker AND a baker... Unless the shape you're aiming for is spherical :laugh:

Ahh nightmare! :p: Its like that in my house, my brother eats like an absolute horse (I mean, a full pizza is a mere snack to him) yet hes as thin as a rake :o: Its not fair!!

I'm the cake maker in our house, its not the eating part I do it for...just enjoy making them, kinda relaxing! So I keep feeding all my creations to my brother :p:
Reply 1182
Original post by blahhh
Ahh nightmare! :p: Its like that in my house, my brother eats like an absolute horse (I mean, a full pizza is a mere snack to him) yet hes as thin as a rake :o: Its not fair!!

I'm the cake maker in our house, its not the eating part I do it for...just enjoy making them, kinda relaxing! So I keep feeding all my creations to my brother :p:

Everyone knows a person like your brother :frown:

A guy who I work with (who's about 13/14) always has four slices of white toast for breakfast :eek: And then mounds and mounds of cakes, chips and sweets throughout the rest of the day, and he is never puts on any weight.

I occasionally make cakes when I'm bored, I've inherited a bit of my Mum's talent :h:
My sister on the other hand... :puke:
Reply 1183
Original post by Liam_G
Everyone knows a person like your brother :frown:

A guy who I work with (who's about 13/14) always has four slices of white toast for breakfast :eek: And then mounds and mounds of cakes, chips and sweets throughout the rest of the day, and he is never puts on any weight.

I occasionally make cakes when I'm bored, I've inherited a bit of my Mum's talent :h:
My sister on the other hand... :puke:

Its awful :o: He's exactly the same, half a loaf of bread with a tin of beans...4 slices of cheese on toast for breakfast...half a box of cereal in one sitting...GAH so not fair :rolleyes:

I don't know where I got my cooking talent...my mum can't cook for **** :p:
I'm another one who loves baking.
I didn't bake at all at uni last year, cause I didn't have and tins/trays, but now I have a loaf and cupcake tins. Luckily, I live with three guys at uni, so nothing will last long enough for me to gorge on it next year :tongue:

Plus, I do have two 'healthy' cook books, one of which devoted to baking :smile:
I love baking as well, so therapeutic! I often find that by the time I've finished I don't fancy eating it, of course that changes later on in the day.

Today I bought some of that weight watchers cookie mix to try out and the cookies are actually really nice and 46 calories each :smile:
Reply 1186
Two of my friends used to work in Pizza Hut and used to say that after a shift the last thing they want is pizza :p:

Maybe I need to work on this kind of psychology...
Some of the WeightWatchers baked goods are rather delicious alternatives to the full-fat varieties - the blueberry slices are lush, just like blueberry muffins, and they also have low-fat chocolate brownie bites :smile:
Reply 1188
Original post by blahhh
Two of my friends used to work in Pizza Hut and used to say that after a shift the last thing they want is pizza :p:

Maybe I need to work on this kind of psychology...

I don't know... You do see some pretty big people in places like McDonalds...

And I work in a Cafe, serving people cake all day and then come home to find yet more homemade cake, but I still manage to like cake :sigh:

Then again, who doesn't like cake :tongue:
Reply 1189
My healthy diet has been more than an off day...a complete epic fail day :frown:

I feel even more depressed knowing that I was feeling ****ty so ate a pile of crap, now I've eaten it and still feel like **** :frown:
Thought I'd join in on the annoying skinny people! My brother is 18, eats like a horse and is the skinniest person I know yet he still has some muscle definition and he does NO exercise! Just think how much healthier we all are on the inside :tongue:

I'm lucky to be living away from my parents at the moment as my dads into the whole baking the most unhealthy yet irresistable treats/foods. It wasn't possible for me to diet at home but back in my uni town I can as I buy my own food.

Today is day 5 of my diet (nothing compared to most of you) but I already feel so much better. It's amazing how healthy food can improve your mood so much!
Original post by blahhh
My healthy diet has been more than an off day...a complete epic fail day :frown:

I feel even more depressed knowing that I was feeling ****ty so ate a pile of crap, now I've eaten it and still feel like **** :frown:

Everyone crumbles now and then, we're only human. Tomorrow is a different day and a chance to start over again. It's only a minor blip so try and look forward instead of dwelling on today.
Reply 1192
I need to get back to uni where there isn't any tempting food!! biscuits arent even permitted in my flat! yet here there's a box load of the damned things.....

Tomorrow will be a new day, though Im out in Cardiff tomorrow night so will rack up some alcohol calories...gonna stick to spirits and diet mixers
tonight i made some of the banana ice cream jessica suggested and it was sooo nice and as it was so thick i didnt need alot so its a lovely healthy, refreshing low cal treat! im going to make it again tomorrow and try refreezing it to make harder ice cream rather than soft scoop
and it it works im going to make a big batch with walnuts and choc chips for some homemade ben and jerrys:biggrin:
Reply 1194
I may have to try that :smile:
Original post by blahhh
I may have to try that :smile:

guessing that was aimed at my ice cream comment. i shall report back after ive made it:P i also read online and looks like other people have refrozen it and its turned out fine so im hopeful. its also cheaper than ben and jerrys:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1196
Original post by lauraaaa.xo
guessing that was aimed at my ice cream comment. i shall report back after ive made it:P i also read online and looks like other people have refrozen it and its turned out fine so im hopefully. its also cheaper than ben and jerrys:biggrin:

It was :smile:
Sounds gooood!! I don't have a proper blender though, just a hand one...though guess it might be ok!
Original post by blahhh
It was :smile:
Sounds gooood!! I don't have a proper blender though, just a hand one...though guess it might be ok!

should do just might have to do less at a time:smile:
I'm having my implant removed next week and my Mum's convinced that that will help me diet as my cravings will be reduced. It'll be interesting to see...
Morning all, hope you're all well.

Today I weight 12 stone 4.8 :biggrin:

I'm trying to stick to 1200-1300 kcal a day with regular exercise (burning about 300-500 kcal a session depending) and it seems to have boosted my weight loss.

I was on 1500 calories, but it seemed that my weight had hit a plateau where before I was losing about 2-3 lbs a week it went to less than one, plus I seemed to have around 500 calories left at the end of the day that just went on rubbish food anyway. :P

Latest