The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i have an exam on 9th so i have to go on the 7th (cos i live so far away parents dont wish to drive it all in one day so they take me up on the sat, stay at a hotel and then drive back on the sun.. might give me a chance to do some revision as ive really done nothing :s-smilie:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
i'm going up on the tuesday (10th) i think coz i've got an exam the next day at 9.30.eek and more eeks. i haven't done ne revision + haven't been to the lectures. i think it's going to be an all nighter!some of my flat mates are going back tomorrow and some next weekend so i think everyones going at different times. by the way anyone know when lectures start again coz i've got exams for 2 weeks but i'm sure they said there was only one week for exams??
rhiannonhughes5
by the way anyone know when lectures start again coz i've got exams for 2 weeks but i'm sure they said there was only one week for exams??

There's two weeks of exams, i think. I assumed that lectures, for my course at least, would start after the exams are over (starting 23rd) but it could be different for different courses.
Reply 4
I'm here now...came back yday because i wasnt getting anything done at home and i need to revise!
Reply 5
I'm going back on the 7th as I have essays to hand in on the 9th (though no lectures till 23rd!) I wish I had planned to go back earlier though...
Reply 6
im going back 2moro,got 2 exams on monday morn n havnt done any work wotso ever!so exited,i feel like im goin on holiday!!
xx
I am going back next Wednesday.
Got an exam on the Thursday, then the Saturday.. then I am coming home for a week :smile:
Reply 8
how ya gonna hand lola essay in dan?
Fleece
how ya gonna hand lola essay in dan?

Ummm.. Well we can't email them in this year.

Tom said he'd hand mine in for me.. Do you know Tom?
Reply 10
tall guy? think so...you cheeky n00b.
Reply 11
i always thought saturday exams were a myth...

i'm going back tomorrow morning in an attempt to re read the whole of my english set books and also the accompanying essays by tuesday morning. hah. it's looking a big grim to be honest. then, after that exam, i have to do an exam the next day on greek mythology through art because i was a complete idiot when i chose my electives and was imagining some kind of jackenory scene with pictures. i have no idea whether im supposed to have actually learned the myths or what...

good luck everyone! i guess the comforting thing is that you only need reach the big ol' 40 mark and your fine.
Reply 12
hahaha nice one boxofstars...
i struck lucky with my elective - chose the only one that had no queue - psychology - turns out you have no seminars - part of the exam was a multiple choice thing you could do online at home (in yer pants) and the exam is multiple choice too. result!
Reply 13
psychology rules haha..only problem is the negative marking on those exams, get one wrong n you lose marks eek
Reply 14
:| what do u mean?
say there's a 100 questions - do they start out giving you 100 points, then for every wrong Q they take off 1? Cos that's just like normal marking...

or say there's a 100 questions and you get 60 right.....do you only get 20 cos they took 40 marks off? If so that sounds a bit ghey...
Reply 15
i came back on wednesday, i'm still learning for exams - i haven't got to the revising stage yet :frown: They start next week.
Reply 16
for every wrong answer you give they take off 1/3 of a mark or something like that, so you're better off not answering if you really dont know :smile:
Reply 17
what do you get if you dont answer...no marks taken off and non given(DER!) ?
Reply 18
I'm just going up tomorrow to hand in my essay and going back home. My exam is on Friday 13th. So if I do bad I will blame the date. :p:
I've heading back tomorrow.. gotta hand in 2 essays.. then got 2 exams, 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Saturday (argh!) then I have a whole 8 days or so off! :smile:

Latest