The Student Room Group

Online Assessment Boots

Just completed my online assessment as I have passed the first stage :smile:
Anyone else who can give me info on what happens next will be geatly received!

xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you filled in everything-as in is your online application complete? If it is it goes straight to the place you applied, then if they think you're ok, they'll email you asking you to book an interview (includes the typical boots testing process of handing stuff out, asking some questions etc.), then hopefully offer you the job.
Reply 2
Yeah everything is completed :smile: hopefully I will hear back, its only a weekend job but it's better than nothing! I'm a bit nervous though as to what they might ask and if I'll have to do this paracetamol thing :/ lols

xx
Reply 3
Yeah the paracetamol thing is fine. Pop in there before if you're unsure, but I didn't know where it was and I've been successful in getting a job at Boots twice now. They'll probably also get you to hand out baskets...just smile and do it (you'll probably never have to do it if you work there). I went to a meeting where we were told the bosses (ie of the whole company) said they were going to change the interview as it isn't that great, but I think they still do it. I mean they literally mark you on those simple tasks.
They'll ask about why you'll want the job, I've always said money and also because of the experience. They might also ask what you think you'll offer to the store, just be confident.
I've only ever done weekends too, and tbh, though I rarely ever shop in Boots it's good working there. They train you up and the pay is good, and for a first job in retail it's well respected.
I applied to boots many times but every time being rejected...:frown:....how u people managed to pass the first stage, what did u say about it???I reali wanna work for boots.....
Reply 5
Yeah I actually adore boots because I love everything from fragrance to hair products, seriously my bathroom is like a salon :/ what do they pay you? I'm 20 if that helps? I could really use a guide to how much I'd be getting, oh and they do training? Would that effect me cos I'm in Uni?
Reply 6
Lol, it's funny cos I never buy anything from there (I don't even use my discount card!) and I struggle to find my way around the store without asking someone. Also, I never have a clue on products...apart from like cameras and sandwiches :/ in your interview (hopefully you get one) you should mention your great understanding of products....they'll like that!
Well I'm leaving to go to uni soon (hopefully I'll return during xmas) and they've always known that but when you're at Boots permanent you have to do training every few weeks using e-learning system. Some of it's not relevant but I'm only a cashier.
I'm really not sure how much you'd get, it depends (did it say when you applied?) but I know they pay better than supermarkets, and some department stores..
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm really hoping I get an interview email... do they call up to arrange and interview or just email ??

Let me know how you get on :tongue:
Reply 8
I'm waiting to hear back after my online assessment thing which I did last Thursday. The job is only til the end of Sept so they must have to get back to me soon, but I applied in the past and got interviews and they took a good 3-4 days at least to get back to me after the assessment thing.
Well, I just got rejected! :frown:... pfft, I've applied so many times there lol, and each time I've been rejected! Oh well, I should probably give up applying to boots lol

Good luck to rest of youse!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I got rejected to :frown:

They should really put a reason for rejecting you though cos I want to know why. I've filled out another application form for a different store so gonna try my luck there!
Reply 11
Original post by MrsJaredLeto
I got rejected to :frown:

They should really put a reason for rejecting you though cos I want to know why. I've filled out another application form for a different store so gonna try my luck there!

I got rejected tooo. I agree with you about putting a reason for rejection.
Original post by jj11
I got rejected tooo. I agree with you about putting a reason for rejection.

I asked them for feedbacks but they never response:s-smilie:
Reply 13
I've applied at another store so hopefully I will pass the assessment this time!! Its so frustrating!

xx
Reply 14
That online assesment is so annoying. Especially that last bit on personalities, which is really five questions by reworded about 14 times! I got rejected a few days after.
Reply 15
Original post by mvp47
That online assesment is so annoying. Especially that last bit on personalities, which is really five questions by reworded about 14 times! I got rejected a few days after.

Yeah same here, I thought some of the scenarios were daft aswell cos there were like answers that were the basically the same but with minor alterations plus i went on intiative but i obv no nthing about retail or being a customer :/
Reply 16
Omg I just received this cos I applied for another job at Boots:

Thank you for applying for the position Customer Assistant - Bolton Market Place.

As you have recently been unsuccessful in an application for an equivalent role, we are unable to consider this additional application.

How unfair is that??

Geez dont think I want to work there anymore!

Thank you for applying for the position Customer Assistant - Bolton Market Place.

As you have recently been unsuccessful in an application for an equivalent role, we are unable to consider this additional application.

How unfair is that??

wat????I applied about a million times but they never said that to me....but they rejected me everytime :angry:
Reply 18

How unfair is that??

Now that is harsh......
Did anyone else read this as Online Assessment Boobs?

Quick Reply

Latest