The Student Room Group

If I retake GCSEs do they override the old grade?

I got mediocre GCSE grades ABCCCCCCCC and "EE" In science.

I have been doing well in my A levels after putting in allot of effot I am aiming for A*AA.
My lack of effort in GCSE is showing.

When I finish my alevels I want to go to another collage and take 7 GCSEs:

Maths
Human Physiology and health
English Language
Spanish
Science Chemistry
Science
Psychology

These are a couple of hours a day. In the free time I plan to do some unpaid work.

I know if i put as much effort into these as I am doing in my Alevels I can get A*. My question is will the new grades in maths and science double award quash my previous grades?

Also say the science GCSE i want to take at collage is not the same as the applied science double award I did back at school do I still have to enter the EE grade into UCAS. Surely if I dont want that grade to add onto my UCAS points it should be my choice?

Also, the "science" subject I listed above states

"About the course

The AQA GCSE Science course covers the three core sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) as well as drawing in aspects from other disciplines such as Environmental Science.

The biology covered includes organisms’ adaptations to the environment, sexual reproduction and the nervous system, as well as contemporary issues such as genetic engineering.

Chemistry topics involve obtaining materials from crude oil and rocks, plant oils and the composition of the Earth’s atmosphere.

The physics content includes how electricity is generated, the electromagnetic spectrum and radioactivity.

Each topic is backed up with practical work where appropriate and an appreciation of obtaining and manipulating data is developed throughout.

Assessment

Each of the three units has an individual 30min exam in March and a second in May. There is coursework to be done along side the topics and this is worth 25% of the total marks."

does this mean it is a triple award or just one GCSE, or the applied double award?

I am looking to do Law with Criminology at Manchester.

Thanks allot. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
In response to the title of the post: if it's better than your old grade before you resat then yes, otherwise no.
Reply 2
thansk but would i have to enter the old grade into UCAS?
Reply 3
If you resit the same subject then your old grade will also be shown aswell as your new grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending