The Student Room Group

can they reject me ?

hey guys,

can the uni still reject me after telling me that i am definately in, and sending me emails like this one...
Congratulations! This is to confirm you have been offered a place on course ---------------- by the University of X . This offer is subject to verification of your application details and your qualifications and remains valid for 24 hours.

Still pending on UCAS, but are they still allowed to reject me ?

:mad:
Reply 1
did u get the grades they asked for ? if yes i don't think they can reject you :s-smilie:
Reply 2
No they aren't. You were given an offer, they are obliged to accept as long as you have the correct grades, which I'm assuming you have - don't they check them anyway by asking for your Clearing/Personal ID number? If I were you I'd ring them up and ask them what the progress is, explaining you were actually emailed and offered a place. No harm in doing it, if anything it makes you seem more eager to go onthe course.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
erm That's the same as saying you've been offered a place depending on the qualificaions you've got;which they may have not yet recieved, so I think they can. but good luck:smile:
Reply 4
"This offer is subject to verification of your application details and your qualifications and remains valid for 24 hours."

They can reject you if they find false information. If you've met the grades and everything on your application was correct then no, they won't reject you. It's basically just them checking everything, by the sounds.
Reply 5
if they have formally offered you a place its very unlikely they will be able to reject you as you would have met the grades they needed from you in the offer they originally made
Reply 6
Nope, you're good :smile:

Unless you are an imposter. Then you're not so good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending