The Student Room Group

Where to sell cigarettes?

Sup,

So basically I have in 700ish Marlboro Lights, genuine of course and in unopened boxes of 20 a pack, UK duty paid.

I need to sell them but I don't know where... I've sold plenty to friends (including loads for their friends) but there is a limit on how much even smokers want to buy in one go lol.

Any one got any ideas?

Btw, this is completely legal. They are fully UK duty paid (specifically UK) and were not imported from Europe for personal use - please don't lock mods! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Should of thought about your target market before you invested.
Reply 2
Original post by Computerised
Should of thought about your target market before you invested.

I didn't 'invest' so to speak bro, they sort of landed in my hands from someone who has to leave the country tout de suite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
who did you steal them from?
Reply 4
Pubs

Bet your parents run a corner shop
Reply 5
oh you should sell it at ur uni, cambridge students would love a puff
Reply 6
just keep them until your friends and friends of friends want more? would you be selling them for cheaper than shops or would the fact that you have paid the duty make them shop prices? do you regularly go to any pubs? can you sell them at work/college/uni? would you be willing to sell them to under age people?
Reply 7
Go to the local corner shop and try and flog them there to the retailer but obviously offer them for a price cheaper than he gets them for to ensure that sale.
Reply 8
Original post by Fusion
Pubs

Bet your parents run a corner shop

Yeh pubs is an obvious choice but I don't really know any 'regulars' - I can't just walk in and start selling them, will get barred lol.

An no my parents don't run a corner shop lol.

Original post by 786girl
oh you should sell it at ur uni, cambridge students would love a puff

Yeh but how many can I really take to uni lol - pack the car full of em haha? I'll take a few hundred max but I still have too many on my hands lol.
Sell them to me tbh
Reply 10
gumtree? idk
Reply 11
Just take a couple of cartons with you to uni. When you come back for xmas, pick up some more. Same for Easter.
Reply 12
Original post by boba
just keep them until your friends and friends of friends want more? would you be selling them for cheaper than shops or would the fact that you have paid the duty make them shop prices? do you regularly go to any pubs? can you sell them at work/college/uni? would you be willing to sell them to under age people?

Yeh but after selling bare **** ****ing loads of them, I still have 700 lol - ideally new avenues would help shift them soon coz I'm going to uni soon.

They are much cheaper than normal retail price so obviously people would want them but I can't find them lol. Answered the pub suggestion above, I don't know the regulars so I can't exactly offer to sell without getting barred!

Won't sell to under aged, don't want a conviction for a few quid lol.
Original post by DJkG.1

Original post by DJkG.1
Yeh pubs is an obvious choice but I don't really know any 'regulars' - I can't just walk in and start selling them, will get barred lol.

An no my parents don't run a corner shop lol.

Yeh but how many can I really take to uni lol - pack the car full of em haha? I'll take a few hundred max but I still have too many on my hands lol.

You could get 700 to university easily, I'm sure I saw an 800 box of Marlboro on a ferry once and it wasn't very big
Reply 14
Original post by jameswhughes
You could get 700 to university easily, I'm sure I saw an 800 box of Marlboro on a ferry once and it wasn't very big

Well yeh you're right they won't take up that much space... will have to spread the word that I have cigs to sell lol.

Original post by velocet
Just take a couple of cartons with you to uni. When you come back for xmas, pick up some more. Same for Easter.

Yeh it's gunna take forever... ah well. :frown:
How much are you charging per pack anyway?

Marlboros are going up in price here this month, and they're already 8.50. I'm panicking :emo:
Original post by DJkG.1

Original post by DJkG.1
Well yeh you're right they won't take up that much space... will have to spread the word that I have cigs to sell lol.

Yeh it's gunna take forever... ah well. :frown:

Yeah...nightclubs usually sell them for extortionate prices in their vending machines, so you could probably sell them outside well :wink:
Reply 17
To year 7s on the street corner outside a school. You'll make a fortune.
Reply 18
Keep them in case you ever need to barter yourself out of being raped in the showers in prison
Reply 19
Original post by DJkG.1
Yeh but after selling bare **** ****ing loads of them, I still have 700 lol - ideally new avenues would help shift them soon coz I'm going to uni soon.

They are much cheaper than normal retail price so obviously people would want them but I can't find them lol. Answered the pub suggestion above, I don't know the regulars so I can't exactly offer to sell without getting barred!

Won't sell to under aged, don't want a conviction for a few quid lol.

do you have a job? what do you usually do with your day where do you go who do you see?

what about your parents friends

Latest

Trending

Trending