IBS/Bad wind/embarresing stomach noises (IBS related)

Watch
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hmmm have you consulted a dietician? I was put on a FODMAP diet to help with my IBS and as mentioned before it will help you weed out any allergies/ intolerances that mess up your stomach
caitlin2111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by barror1)
Hmmm have you consulted a dietician? I was put on a FODMAP diet to help with my IBS and as mentioned before it will help you weed out any allergies/ intolerances that mess up your stomach
i’ve been trying to get one for ages but no luck and can’t go private i feel like i really need it though
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried to make GP appointment to specifically ask for a referral? If you are still being refused, maybe it is worth changing your GP to someone who will- I had to change mine at one point because he refused to send me for blood tests and it was such a good decision. Do what is right for you
(Original post by caitlin2111)
i’ve been trying to get one for ages but no luck and can’t go private i feel like i really need it though
R3negade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sibo can be treated with pharmaceutical antibiotics or herbal antimicrobials. The treatment is based on whether you are methane or hydrogen positive on the breath test.

When I got my private lab work back for the sibo test I was able to convince my GP to prescribe the antibiotics so I have tried both approaches. I haven't re-tested but I am pretty sure I am clear of sibo now.

But, as I previously mentioned, you need to make sure your stomach acid is not out of sync, otherwise anything you try might not work and it is possible problems might come back.

Lastly, the reason why I had to sort this out myself is due to misdiagnosis. I got told three times I had ibs, but I never had bowel irritation and there was never any evidence to support it. I was prescribed 3 different types of anti-depressants, mediation for bipolar, three different types of sleeping tablets and a host of other junk including two types of PPIs. None of it worked and I take none of it now. So, yeah I agree that doctor's don't listen and I don't really think it is their fault as we live in a "take a pill, feel better" society.. The only decent one I have had is my own GP.

(Original post by caitlin2111)
i thought i might have sibo but the doctors don’t do anything, how did you treat it? i’ve heard antibiotics is the only way but i don’t know how to get them because the doctors don’t listen.
Nolimitso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've been dealing with IBS for 11 years now, I'm 29 years old , it started in the last year of high school , but it wasnt that bad then.as I started college, the first day in college , I had the worst symptoms,constipation , really gassy , loud noises from stomache. It was hell , and the problem is that my major ( architecture) was really hard and stressing, lots of sleepless nights and a lot of pressure , and that was making my symptoms worse, anyway I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with IBS, and he advised me to leave architecture school because he knew it was really stressing , and it made my symptoms worse .I didnt listen and stayed in my major, and that was the biggest mistake, I had a lot of embarrassing and humiliating situations that scarred me for life , and I will never forget , after two years of this hell I transferred to another college , and even though i studied another major for 5 years , my symptoms stayed really bad for the first 3 years , the last two years in college were better
now I'm 29 years old and almost 80% of my symptoms are gone, I dont really know how , I think because I'm not really stressed anymore , and I take probotics , workout alot, and I dont eat fast food or junk anymore. Anyway my biggest regret is going to college and studying a hard major , without resolving this dam IBS issue, so my advice for someone who wants to go to college and they have IBS, dont go , especially if your symptoms is really bad , and try to resolve it or at least be able to handle it when it gets bad , because you will really hurt your mental health if you go to college with really bad symptoms, up to this date I still sometomes think about the embarrassing situation i had when my IBS was really bad
Anonymous #5
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nolimitso)
I've been dealing with IBS for 11 years now, I'm 29 years old , it started in the last year of high school , but it wasnt that bad then.as I started college, the first day in college , I had the worst symptoms,constipation , really gassy , loud noises from stomache. It was hell , and the problem is that my major ( architecture) was really hard and stressing, lots of sleepless nights and a lot of pressure , and that was making my symptoms worse, anyway I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with IBS, and he advised me to leave architecture school because he knew it was really stressing , and it made my symptoms worse .I didnt listen and stayed in my major, and that was the biggest mistake, I had a lot of embarrassing and humiliating situations that scarred me for life , and I will never forget , after two years of this hell I transferred to another college , and even though i studied another major for 5 years , my symptoms stayed really bad for the first 3 years , the last two years in college were better
now I'm 29 years old and almost 80% of my symptoms are gone, I dont really know how , I think because I'm not really stressed anymore , and I take probotics , workout alot, and I dont eat fast food or junk anymore. Anyway my biggest regret is going to college and studying a hard major , without resolving this dam IBS issue, so my advice for someone who wants to go to college and they have IBS, dont go , especially if your symptoms is really bad , and try to resolve it or at least be able to handle it when it gets bad , because you will really hurt your mental health if you go to college with really bad symptoms, up to this date I still sometomes think about the embarrassing situation i had when my IBS was really bad
what probiotics to you take?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads