The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lumpycustard
what would you do if someone u love is given the ultimatum and one choice is fmaily, and the other one if yourself. and what would you do if you had no say in it because you cannot possibly be? as ur shoved out and no way of contact?

what would you do? what would you do?

Can you expand a bit on the ultimatum you're facing? [edit: "what's gone off?" would have sounded better!]

I'd talk it over and talk it over until we came to a decision that was best all round. If that was impossible, I'd do whatever was best for me and hope the family came round to the idea after a while.

"Ultimatum" is just another word for emotional blackmail, and you shouldn't give in to it. But if I knew what exactly was going on, my advice might be different!
Reply 2
lumpycustard
what would you do if someone u love is given the ultimatum and one choice is fmaily, and the other one if yourself. and what would you do if you had no say in it because you cannot possibly be? as ur shoved out and no way of contact?

what would you do? what would you do?
whats gone off???
Reply 3
Trousers
Can you expand a bit on the ultimatum you're facing?

I'd talk it over and talk it over until we came to a decision that was best all round. If that was impossible, I'd do whatever was best for me and hope the family came round to the idea after a while.

"Ultimatum" is just another word for emotional blackmail, and you shouldn't give in to it. But if I knew what exactly was going on, my advice might be different!

we me and my boyfriend r sound! (glitter dont say what u said last time botu me tellin everyone. this is a big issue and i need help!)

his mum threw me out the house yesterday wen she waas mouthin at me sinply because i texted my dad telling him i was upset. my muim rang her to help but she put the fone down. he got mouthed at coz he wanted to change a day of the week he sees me to a different one. she went ape. i understand its ehr hosue but y?

anyway, he walked me to the bus stop when i was kicked out and its proper obvious that we love each toher! we were tlakin abotu what to do and he broke down with to much emontional stress.

he had his fone taken off him, and now hes not going to skool (god nos y) i wud not be suroprised if he has been told not to see me (he is 16 soon tho so hopefully hed have me back) i dont no if thats happened tho and the only other thing i can think of is that he as been given a chjoice. me or his family. obviously its family.

anyhow, he had his mobile on this mornin but he will not answer it and now it is swtitched off. i am really worried for him as yesterday it seemed he coudl not cope. the other case may be he is ignoring me and that he dont want to face up to the fact he has to tell me he cant see me.

i really need some advice. i didnt go into skool today as i couldnt handle seeing people. im full off head aches as this is being takent oo far. the poor lad only asked for a day swap and i only texted my own dad. why? what do i do? going roud the hosue is NOT an option
Reply 4
It doesn't really sound like there is much you can do about the situation...it seems to me that your boyfriend (and possibly his family) need time to think things through.

It could be that the ultimatum (if there was one) was given on the spur of the moment...so in time they'll realise that it's unreasonable.

Just give him time and space to think for a while....i reckn that's the only thing you can do....

Hope it all works out...

G
Reply 5
gzftan
It doesn't really sound like there is much you can do about the situation...it seems to me that your boyfriend (and possibly his family) need time to think things through.

It could be that the ultimatum (if there was one) was given on the spur of the moment...so in time they'll realise that it's unreasonable.

Just give him time and space to think for a while....i reckn that's the only thing you can do....

Hope it all works out...

G

they r very uinreasonable. i wont see him for 2 weeks now
Reply 6
Ah, right. Well, in situations like this you can either contact him or wait for him to contact you, right? You've tried the first one, so he knows you want to speak to him. Now it's up to him to get in touch with you. Not much else you can do.

You could always try phoning his mum and talking to her about it, but something tells me you're not gonna be doing that!

I think you might just have to keep quiet and wait for his mum to calm down. She's got to let him come back to school some time - in fact, I don't think she'll have banned him from going to school just so he won't see you. No mum would do that, surely...?

He's probably away from school because he feels like s**t and doesn't want to see everyone. Much the same as you!
Reply 7
lumpycustard
they r very uinreasonable. i wont see him for 2 weeks now

It must be devastating for you to have to go through that....but like said earlier....there doesn't seem to be much you can do without making the situation worse.

G
Reply 8
lumpycustard
we me and my boyfriend r sound! (glitter dont say what u said last time botu me tellin everyone. this is a big issue and i need help!)

his mum threw me out the house yesterday wen she waas mouthin at me sinply because i texted my dad telling him i was upset. my muim rang her to help but she put the fone down. he got mouthed at coz he wanted to change a day of the week he sees me to a different one. she went ape. i understand its ehr hosue but y?

anyway, he walked me to the bus stop when i was kicked out and its proper obvious that we love each toher! we were tlakin abotu what to do and he broke down with to much emontional stress.

he had his fone taken off him, and now hes not going to skool (god nos y) i wud not be suroprised if he has been told not to see me (he is 16 soon tho so hopefully hed have me back) i dont no if thats happened tho and the only other thing i can think of is that he as been given a chjoice. me or his family. obviously its family.

anyhow, he had his mobile on this mornin but he will not answer it and now it is swtitched off. i am really worried for him as yesterday it seemed he coudl not cope. the other case may be he is ignoring me and that he dont want to face up to the fact he has to tell me he cant see me.

i really need some advice. i didnt go into skool today as i couldnt handle seeing people. im full off head aches as this is being takent oo far. the poor lad only asked for a day swap and i only texted my own dad. why? what do i do? going roud the hosue is NOT an option
I suggest you use the extra time to study your grammar and spelling. Oh, and perhaps read a few books (if you can) to learn how to express yourself in a semi-coherent manner.
Reply 9
Trousers
Ah, right. Well, in situations like this you can either contact him or wait for him to contact you, right? You've tried the first one, so he knows you want to speak to him. Now it's up to him to get in touch with you. Not much else you can do.

You could always try phoning his mum and talking to her about it, but something tells me you're not gonna be doing that!

I think you might just have to keep quiet and wait for his mum to calm down. She's got to let him come back to school some time - in fact, I don't think she'll have banned him from going to school just so he won't see you. No mum would do that, surely...?

He's probably away from school because he feels like s**t and doesn't want to see everyone. Much the same as you!

if he even nos.

no she wil probably hit me if she sees me

i no but i wud have gone if he did all i want is to see him.

can u leave home at 16?
Reply 10
MarTimmi
I suggest you use the extra time to study your grammar and spelling. Oh, and perhaps read a few books (if you can) to learn how to express yourself in a semi-coherent manner.

oh go abck to that rock from which you crawled under!! do you think i am btohered about spelling! i do not think i am int he state of mind to care!
Reply 11
MarTimmi

WHY ARE NEWBIES SO FUCKING HORRIBLE?!?!?!
Reply 12
~*glitter*~
WHY ARE NEWBIES SO FUCKING HORRIBLE?!?!?!

i no!
Reply 13
lumpycustard
oh go abck to that rock from which you crawled under!! do you think i am btohered about spelling! i do not think i am int he state of mind to care!

Just ignore them....just another troll!!

With regards to leaving home......it wouldn't really be advisable...it might seem like the end of the world now....but leaving home would only add to that person's problems...not ease them.

G
Reply 14
lumpycustard
if he even nos.

can u leave home at 16?
u can leave home when u want but at 16 ur parents cant stop u

xx
Reply 15
MarTimmi

It sounded fairly coherent to me you fool - Go get killed by a goat!
Reply 16
Daveo

Lol

G
Reply 17
lumpycustard
if he even nos.

can u leave home at 16?

Don't do anything drastic just yet! Leaving home will just make things worse.

With the situation as it is at the moment, your boyfriend can talk it over with his mum and try to reach some sort of agreement. If he (or both of you) leaves home, it will be really difficult to get back on speaking terms again.

I know someone who left home as a teenager over something like this. She hasn't spoken to her mum since. She's now 26 and has a baby, and her mum doesn't know that she's a grandmother. I know that she'd give anything to take it back.

Give it a week or two and see how it works out.
Reply 18
Trousers
Don't do anything drastic just yet! Leaving home will just make things worse.

With the situation as it is at the moment, your boyfriend can talk it over with his mum and try to reach some sort of agreement. If he (or both of you) leaves home, it will be really difficult to get back on speaking terms again.

I know someone who left home as a teenager over something like this. She hasn't spoken to her mum since. She's now 26 and has a baby, and her mum doesn't know that she's a grandmother. I know that she'd give anything to take it back.

Give it a week or two and see how it works out.

Sounds like good advice to me

G
Reply 19
Daveo
hey hun xx that sounds like a very different way to die *pulls a wonky face*

Latest

Trending

Trending