The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~

Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
You could ask them, but they may or may not let you. Sorry that's not particularly helpful, but each uni has a different policy, some will let you, some will want a new personal statement, some won't consider it at all, some will want you to wait until you get there, some will wait and see how many applicants they have/how many meet their offer etc.

ahh okayy sorry for the late reply and thank you for your advice I still appreciate it! :smile:
Original post by Owl94
Application Sent: October
Uni: University of Nottingham
Course: Chemical Engineering
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 24th November
Reaction: Yippee!!!! :biggrin:

Well done!!! Is Nottingham your first choice? Where else have you applied? :biggrin:
Reply 722
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Well done!!! Is Nottingham your first choice? Where else have you applied? :biggrin:

Yeah it is, thank you! :smile: I applied for Teeside, Bradford, Loughborough, Nottingham and Surrey and I have conditionals from all of them apart Loughborough where I have an interview :smile:
Reply 723
Original post by achander29
do you know how you can check ?
Most people find emailing the admissions department, or ringing them up, works quite well.
Reply 724
Original post by hb31
I have received all 5 of my offers, which I was really pleased with. Due to completely average grades in my AS levels ( CCC in history, English lit, philosophy and ethics and EE in textiles and general studies), I only applied to unis which grade requirements which were BBB. I realise that BBB isn't impossible to achieve but hardly "a walk in the park" either. However I've now seen a course I would be really interested in at another uni, which I haven't applied to and the grade boundaries are ABB ( now knowing coursework grades and done resits this may be possible to achieve)
SO basically, I was just wondering, should I apply to UCAS extra, do I have to reject all my 5 offers to apply for this new course I have just seen, OR can I reject 1 and then apply OR do I have to wait until results day in August and just apply to UCAS adjustments - as I would then have an unconditional offers by then.
Thanks! :smile:
To apply through Extra - assuming the course in question is actually available (it may not be) - would require you to decline all your offers. This is not recommended, especially as you don't actually meet the requirements of the course you have in mind, so you'd be at very high risk of a rejection. You can wait and see if you exceed the firm offer you accepted, and then try through Adjustment - though again, there's no guarantee that there'll be any Adjustment places for that course. Of the two approaches, the second is to be preferred.
Reply 725
Finally got replies!... well, some.

Hertfordshire
TV & Film Production
Conditional - 320 points.

Bradford
TV Production
Interview

Southampton Solent
TV Studio Production
Interview..

I've had to decline the Solent interview though as I simply can't afford the transport there :|.. plus it was one of my serious reserves.
I'm working towards my conditional offer as that's my definite first choice.
Still awaiting Bedfordshire - but definitely going to work towards Herts.
I have AS results though that will work towards my 320 points definitely (I'm now on a BTEC Extended ;3)
Is anyone here debating kcl v Durham? The war studies degree at kcl is my favorite course but I like the atmosphere and location of Durham better.
got offers for
Queen Mary - History and politics - AAA
SOAS - History and politics - AAA
UCL- History - ABB
UEA- History and politics - AAB
Aberdeen- History and politics - BBB

Firmed UCL and put Aberdeen as my insurance, fingers crossed for the grades now :rolleyes::awesome:
Original post by cl_steele
got offers for
Queen Mary - History and politics - AAA
SOAS - History and politics - AAA
UCL- History - ABB
UEA- History and politics - AAB
Aberdeen- History and politics - BBB

Firmed UCL and put Aberdeen as my insurance, fingers crossed for the grades now :rolleyes::awesome:

How did you get an ABB offer from UCL for History? I thought they wanted A*AA?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000

Original post by jelly1000
How did you get an ABB offer from UCL for History? I thought they wanted A*AA?

theres 2 history courses the v100 [A*AA] and v101 [ABB] the v101focuses far more on eastern europe and russia whilst the v100 is general history :smile: so i took the v101, easier to get into and same degree at the end :colone:
Reply 730
Got offers for History and Politics from...

Kent - ABB
Leicester - ABB
Manchester - AAB
Loughborough - ABB/AAC

And an offer for History from ...

Oxford Brookes - BBB

I literally am so stuck and cant decide where to firm. I cant choose between Leicester, Loughborough and Manchester... Im leaning towards Leicester with Brookes as my insurance... i really dont know, i would be equally happy at all of 3 of them tbh /: Manchester just puts me off because i might not make AAB whereas ABB is well within my reach

any suggestions?
Just got an unconditional from Winchester.. which I was not expecting!
Accepting that bad boy!
I got offers from Aberdeen, Hull, Portsmouth & Winchester to all study law; all are asking for ABB. I think Portsmouth is a nice uni but isn't that prestigious. Winchester looks nice but it's very small and not very prestigious. Hull looks decent but it's rankings aren't that good in recent years. Aberdeen looks nice but it's in Scotland and I'd have to study Scottish Law instead. I really can't make my mind up :frown:
Original post by Silver Aurora
I got offers from Aberdeen, Hull, Portsmouth & Winchester to all study law; all are asking for ABB. I think Portsmouth is a nice uni but isn't that prestigious. Winchester looks nice but it's very small and not very prestigious. Hull looks decent but it's rankings aren't that good in recent years. Aberdeen looks nice but it's in Scotland and I'd have to study Scottish Law instead. I really can't make my mind up :frown:

if the course at Aberdeen is Scots law and your considering law as a career then it only makes sense to go there if you want to stay in Scotland after, if you came back to England you'd probally need to do a law conversion course or something like that.
I've got all 5 of my offers now and I'm pretty set on my firm and insurance (don't think I'll change my mind!) but I'm so nervous about actually finalizing my decision on UCAS...scary stuff! I think I'm just going to leave it for a month or so, they'll just have to wait for my reply :P
Reply 735
has anyone applyed to kcl for law in january and been rejected :smile:
Original post by TheUltimateProof
Application sent: 15/10/11
A-Level Predicitons: A*A*A*
GCSEs: ABBBCCCCC

Uni: Kings
Course: Mathematics
Decision: OFFER
Offer Grades: AAA
Date Offer Received: 10/11/11
Reaction: Woo first offer

Uni: UCL
Course: Mathematics with Economics
Offer Grades: A*AA
Date Offer Received: 18/11/11
Reaction: Really wanted this one! YAY!

Cambridge interview invitation 18/11/11

Uni: LSE
Course: Actuarial Science
Offer Grades: AAA
Date Offe: Received:15 /12/11
Reaction: Over the moon. Never thought I'd see this offer. Going to be so hard choosing where to go!

T.T amazing~~~Actuarial Science
congratulate!!!
i wanna lse and warwick!!!

what's your another AS subject besides math ,physics and further math?
i also take all the three, but i was unsuccessful!!!:frown:
Original post by christinasrose
Application Sent: 15th October 2011
Uni: London School of Economics
Course: LLB Law
Decision: Unconditional Offer
Offer Grades: (Already acheived; post q scottish applicant)
Date Offer Received: 12th January
Reaction: Holy ****. LSE takes like 1 in 20 applicants !

congratulate!I'm dreaming for conditional offer from lse although i 've been rejected!!! :frown:
Original post by wangying_417
T.T amazing~~~Actuarial Science
congratulate!!!
i wanna lse and warwick!!!

what's your another AS subject besides math ,physics and further math?
i also take all the three, but i was unsuccessful!!!:frown:

Economics and business (joint) I had a nice set of UMS marks as well which I think helped me out a lot.

Best of luck with everything!
Original post by TheUltimateProof
Economics and business (joint) I had a nice set of UMS marks as well which I think helped me out a lot.

Best of luck with everything!

ums mark?is that the percentage we get?
it seems that i had nice ums marks as well,all above 95% (math,physics n chemistry.oh,i haven't take further exam this yr.)
i dont know what the problem exactly is. maybe my ps n reference.
thx~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending