The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Dudes help, Manchester or Loughborough for aeronautical engineering, insurance?
Reply 941
Nottingham or Southampton for Mechanical Engineering?? D:
Reply 942
Original post by JohnyTheLad
Dudes help, Manchester or Loughborough for aeronautical engineering, insurance?

Manchester without a doubt. How are you even questioning it? :wink:

Great Uni and Great place! :biggrin:
Reply 943
Leeds or Aston for German???? :s-smilie:
Hello !

Does anybody have any advice to give ; what should I choose between SOAS and UCL for a BA in History of Art ?
At first, I was completely sure about my choice ( UCL ) , but now... I don't know.

Thanks in advance :wink:
Off to Leeds in September to study Social Science :biggrin:
Original post by Dee Leigh
Off to Leeds in September to study Social Science :biggrin:

Even though I don't know you.. I'm really pleased for you.

Seen your numerous threads over the past year!
Original post by Tsunami2011
Even though I don't know you.. I'm really pleased for you.

Seen your numerous threads over the past year!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Have offers for History from SOAS or Sussex, someone help me decide!! I can't decide between ASIAN based or European based history, I would like to go onto postgrad and it would help.
Original post by Jagzthebest
Have offers for History from SOAS or Sussex, someone help me decide!! I can't decide between ASIAN based or European based history, I would like to go onto postgrad and it would help.

I would tell you to go to SOAS, asian history is so thrilling. besides, because we are european, it could be much more interesting to study asian history.
Is anyone else still waiting for a response from one of there uni's? I applied back in December and I'm still waiting for a a decision from essex :/
Firmed Newcastle and put Liverpool down as an insurance last week. I know it's the right decision but does anyone else keep having that horrible, irrational feeling that they're making a mistake :s-smilie:
Reply 952
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
Is anyone else still waiting for a response from one of there uni's? I applied back in December and I'm still waiting for a a decision from essex :/

Yup. I applied in late October and still waiting for Edinburgh Napier. It's annoying cuz I like to set it as my insurance if I get an offer.
Original post by jacery1
Nottingham or Southampton for Mechanical Engineering?? D:

I've got the dilemma of choosing between Notts and Sheffield for Mech Eng. :/ Probably going to go with Notts though. great place and really good for mech eng as well!

Southampton is also one of the best for mech eng, so really dont know. it all comes down to the City i guess. Have you visited both yet?
Reply 954
Original post by CarlitosWayz12

I applied in early November and got an offer from Essex two weeks afterwards, but I am still waiting anxiously on St. Andrews and Dundee!
Reply 955
Original post by ammarnkhan
I've got the dilemma of choosing between Notts and Sheffield for Mech Eng. :/ Probably going to go with Notts though. great place and really good for mech eng as well!

Southampton is also one of the best for mech eng, so really dont know. it all comes down to the City i guess. Have you visited both yet?

No i haven't been to either. Got visit days arranged next month. Have you been to Nottingham? If so, is it nice? Heard the City is pretty rough though!!
Original post by catoswyn
Found the details for the foundation course at UWE... it is in Health Professions. Succesful completion of it gives automatic access to one of their degrees (including child nursing)

Quote from their site:

There are nine pathways through the Foundation programme. After successful completion of the Foundation programme and a clear Health Screening questionnaire, you will automatically progress onto a place on one of the following undergraduate programmes which can be taken full-time:

including:

BSc(Hons) Children's Nursing

Children's nursing encompasses all ages from neonates to adolescents. The tendency for children to be cared for at home wherever possible means that those admitted to hospital are acutely or critically ill, and in need of highly skilled nursing care. Increasingly sophisticated nursing technical procedures need to be underpinned by an in-depth understanding of the psychosocial-biological sciences. Students undertaking this branch programme will undergo a wide range of experiences that will equip them to care for children both in hospital and in the wider community.

Will take you a year longer but you'll get funding and its certainly an option. Its meant for people who don't quite qualify for direct entry to nursing so you'd have to apply on the grounds that your humanities aren't quite right and you want extra health experience. They had places on the foundation in extra last time I looked.

:smile:

thankyou ever so much! this has really helped, its certainly something to look into. once i get the official last rejection i will look on extra and see if this is available - if not, i'll look for english or history somewhere, teaching was my second choice after nursing so i don't mind too much. thanks again :smile:
Original post by jacery1
No i haven't been to either. Got visit days arranged next month. Have you been to Nottingham? If so, is it nice? Heard the City is pretty rough though!!

I haven't visited either but i've friends at Notts and they say its an amazing place to live at. There are few areas that are a bit dodgy but otherwise it's pretty safe. You'll love it when you there on the open day! :smile: Do let me know if you firm Notts! :biggrin:
Hey everyone,

I have offers from Bristol and Edinburgh for maths, but I don't know which to choose.

Help?

Thanks,
theworldnow
My son's offers are all in for Maths and he's stuck on who to put for insurance, any and all suggestions gratefully received. He's firming Warwick (A*A2/AA1) and the other offers are:

Lancaster (AB), Exeter (AB), Bath (AA) and Queen's Belfast (AB/BBa).

He should :smile: manage A*A/AA in Maths and F Maths, so all of these should be valid for insurance purposes. Lancaster has the most flexible course structure, Exeter has some courses in 3rd and 4th that the others don't, Bath is very well thought of and Queen's has a really good pastoral care and is the cheapest option by a very long way (fees are only £3k because we're in Northern Ireland). He was intending to put Lancaster down originally 'cause he really liked the campus when we went round in September but now he's not so sure, and getting to open days from over here isn't that easy! Might end up taking a weekend to look 'round Bath and Exeter if I can get decent priced flights.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending